Winter tire and wheel recommendation? - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Welcome to the FitFreak.net Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum sponsored by tirerack.com.Be sure to try the Tire Rack Upgrade Garage

Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 AM

Winter tire and wheel recommendation?

This is my first winter living in a place with snow and it just happened to snow the other day. I took that as an early warning to invest in my first set of winter tires and wheels. I was hoping to get some recommendations on what to get. I've read the articles on tire rack about how a narrower tire is better, but still lost as to what I should be getting.

I'm hoping to get a set of tires + wheels w/ tpms sensors installed. I then would probably order the ATEQ tool since someone here has it working on their 2010 Fit even though the ATEQ compatibility guide hasn't been updated to show that it is supported.

Any recommendations is appreciated.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Keep the stock rims and buy Bridgestone Blizzak tires! i live in the Northern Rockies and drive my Fit up steep hills in 6 inches of snow with that setup. They are pricey but incredible tires. I drive an 09 Fit Sport with a manual transmission. Good luck!