Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Upper Mid-West Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/)
-   -   Chicago meet...sometime in the 1st part of the new year? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/upper-mid-west-community/61517-chicago-meet-sometime-1st-part-new-year.html)

Klasse Act 12-20-2010 03:48 PM

Chicago meet...sometime in the 1st part of the new year?

I know we've mentioned this before, so maybe let's try and get the ball rolling on this. Let's open it up for the following, get things out on the table:

-friends w/non-Fits
-photo shoot
-food
-cruise somewhere afterwards

Some of the things can be combined, but I'm just throwing it out there. Who cares if its cold and snowy, if you've got your car stored (EvilOne), its stock, etc, let's just get together and put a name with a face;)

cfran55 12-24-2010 01:57 AM

sounds good how come we dont have our own section? instead of upper midwest

kenoshainflames 01-05-2011 10:18 AM

I'd come. I don't own a fit anymore but I'm sure you would mind a crz :)

Klasse Act 01-17-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cfran55 (Post 944602)
sounds good how come we dont have our own section? instead of upper midwest

It really needs to be changed to Chicagoland area, I mean we're not some little town out here:wavey:

I see the first turbo'd GE8 resides in Chicagoland area, he's have to make it out to this, whenever we get it off of the ground.

cfran55 01-17-2011 12:53 PM

anybody else in the chicagoland area? also what locations are you looking at?
i should be able to make it out on the weekends after 3pmish

Belouve 01-19-2011 11:28 AM

I'm a new Fit owner in the Milwaukee area, haven't driven to Chicago in a long time. If we meet up at the northern part of Chicago (or north OF Chicago), that'd be better.

Klasse Act 02-14-2011 08:38 AM

I know there's a couple Chicagoland guys here but they too have probably not even bothered looking in here. I know there's a Leo's Coney Island up north somewhere, I think in Wheeling (is that north enough) I would like to check this place out because they do the "Detroit style" coney dogs.

I'll see how this goes and maybe try and change my sig to get this going a bit better:cool:

Belouve 02-27-2011 03:36 PM

I looked up Wheeling, and that's north enough for me. Whenever I do go to Illinois, it's usually to an area nearby, so it's not a stretch.

Haven't done anything to my Fit yet other than add LED dome lighting, so I'll be glad to get a few pointers in person and otherwise enjoy the meetup.

FitFlowjoe 02-27-2011 07:23 PM

I'm down... I live in the STL area... and i guess I could make the drive.

Maybe if we plan it right we could swing by AMS Performance just for fun. Or some place car related make it worth my 5hr drive.

Mr08FiT 03-06-2011 06:19 PM

I'm in......

Grohe 03-15-2011 03:33 PM

I'm down if I can bring my Accord

Darken0420 03-19-2011 02:23 AM

I agree we need a Chicagoland thread of our own...

Hey, I don't mean to thread jack or anything but a bunch of us at 8thcivic are having a cookout meet at Busse Woods. We are all Honda fans and I think it would be cool if a few Fit people showed up. Or crz....

Here is a link: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mid-w...t-ii-meet.html

Let me know if you want to go. We just ask that you chip in a couple bucks for food.

sam 03-20-2011 01:06 PM

Link approved on moderator forum

Originally Posted by Darken0420 (Post 974192)
I agree we need a Chicagoland thread of our own...

Hey, I don't mean to thread jack or anything but a bunch of us at 8thcivic are having a cookout meet at Busse Woods. We are all Honda fans and I think it would be cool if a few Fit people showed up. Or crz....

Here is a link: ChIcAgO Ko cReW PrEsEnTs: "tHe GrEeN mEnAcE part II" Meet! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Let me know if you want to go. We just ask that you chip in a couple bucks for food.

Thanks for the invite- the link here is fine. Keep up the active members chatter if you want a separate Chicagoland space. Just does not seem justified (yet) with the level of activity over time. Adding joint activities with 8thcivic and others is certainly a plus.

Darken0420 03-20-2011 03:16 PM

^ I understand what your saying. Not too much goin on around here yet. I have seen many modded Fits around tho.

My .02 is: Put a Chicagoland area thread in and people may talk more. When you don't see a thread for one of the largest cities in the US it kinda turns you away.

Cowboy_Fit 03-29-2011 10:51 AM

I think most people might not even realize this section is here...I stumbled on it myself. WTF crap name is Upper Midwest region, but Oklahoma has its own section?!

Darken0420 03-29-2011 12:47 PM

^ exactly my point! I had to look for it too! Come on Moderators! Its Chicago for crying out loud! Good luck ever getting more people to chatting here when no one can find it!

Darken0420 03-29-2011 12:48 PM

Hey Cowboy! Want to come to our next meet? Its basically all Honda/Acura

Here is a link: Chicagoland Spring 2011 Meet!!! \(^.^)/ - Club RSX Message Board

blassty 04-24-2011 05:00 AM

:wavey:

My Fit is mostly stock but just checking in to say hi anyway. We need a Chicagoland section!

Lyon[Nightroad] 05-12-2011 06:15 AM

The first usdm turbo ge8 is in chicagoland. Let's get a meet going already. I'm only good for Sundays though. This is true of most people though.

Darkstars 05-18-2011 03:38 PM

Any Chicago guys interested in some GD3 parts?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...-sway-bar.html