Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Utah Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/utah-community/)
-   -   Utah fit club (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/utah-community/38035-utah-fit-club.html)

vtecfit1 02-25-2009 05:17 AM

i hate to say it but i think i'm gonna cut my springs for the trip to cali next month, i want to be about 1 - 1.5" lower maybe i'll pull my car onto the alignment rack at work and see if it will bind anything going that low (that will be a total of almost 3.5") IT'LL LOOK SO SICK!!! i'm worried that the front axle's might bind cuz there's not that much play in them that low - hell we'll see, and i talked to a guy that can shave a 1/4" off the mounting surface of my wheels so they shouldn't rub in the back either

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-25-2009 07:26 PM

Damn! good luck, and yes it would look hella good! When do you plan on cutting them?

keepitpg 02-26-2009 01:49 AM

dang! it would look like youre on coils! ahh!

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-26-2009 09:36 PM

Cant wait to see what your car will look like with cut springs. Did you ever get your rear garnishs yet?

vtecfit1 02-26-2009 11:46 PM

haven't recieved it yet, but i got a tracking number from him and usps says it was recieved by them on the 17th but if it's coming ground (i'm sure it is) that shit takes 7 -10 workdays so i'm at 7 today i'll give it a few more days and let you know
about the cutting of springs :eek: i'll wait a couple weeks and see if i can talk haun into helping me do it, i'm a bit worried about the rears cuz i don't want them to fall out when i go thru a dip and extend the suspension, i wouldn't even worry one bit if our rear shock/spring setup was the same as the front (coil over shock) but being our way they (springs) can pop out if too loose
do you guys wanna get together in a few weeks and cruise again? i wouldn't mind going west toward the great salt lake i have killer pics of my crx's out that way, and if you know of a sweet spot out your way jared then i say we (me and patrick) come west!!! oh and one more thing

sell the cavi!!! thats money in your bank account for your house (remember i make FREE for sale stickers)

keepitpg 02-26-2009 11:58 PM

im down for a meet out that way..

fitvixen 02-27-2009 05:36 PM

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't make it to the meet. One of these days I'll meet up with y'all.

What kind of mpgs do you get? All I do is go up and down Foothill, getting right about 28 mpg, I know it's all in town but I guess I was expecting better.... Too much of a lead foot I suppose :-)

vtecfit1 02-27-2009 05:59 PM

i get about 30 in town and get over 40 on the road, i'm heading to cali in a month or so and am going to try a few tricks to get upwards of 45+ (i hope) do you have a m/t or a/t ? if you have a a/t use the paddles to downshift and you'll see better mpg

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-27-2009 06:05 PM

I get the same, About 30 in the city and 40 on the highway. Anyone know where i can get one piaa yellow bulb? I have had a messed up day today! First on of my hids didnt work! Fixed it cause the ground wire was loose, then i put everything together and now i have a fog light burned out!:mad: o well hows everyone else's day going?

keepitpg 02-27-2009 06:05 PM

i get about 27-29 mpgs in the city. so we're about the same. im not too light on the gas either

keepitpg 02-27-2009 06:06 PM

sucks man. good luck on that! idk places, but you could always order one online..

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-27-2009 07:13 PM

Steve where did you get yours? know anywhere in slc i could get a pair? i really dont want to wait a week to get them and pay for shipping.

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-28-2009 05:32 PM

Lets plan the next meet like a week or two in advance, To give the other people more time to plan for it and stuff.

vtecfit1 02-28-2009 06:43 PM

^^^^ SO that means on the 14th or 15th cuz i have to work on the 21st - i'm down and remember i'll be gone on the 28th woot woot
but if you all wanna get together without me thats cool too - cause we all know these things dont happen because of me :), but i like to think it's better with more peeps
oh and one more thing

sell the cavi!!! thats money in your bank account for your house (remember i make FREE for sale stickers - for non hondas)

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 02-28-2009 07:42 PM

The 14th or the 15th sounds like a plan, just hope we can get some of the other fits involved this time. where did you want to meet, somewhere out this way by the lake or something?:confused:, and without you these things would be pretty boring and patrick would never wash his fit:rotfl: oh and im not selling it!

vtecfit1 02-28-2009 08:31 PM

i know i got alot of stories dont i? there true though!!! and i think your right about patricks fit only gets washed when we get together but my excuse is even though i get free washes at work and i still hardly ever wash my fit, man back in the day i washed my pinto every day and waxed it atleast twice a month, i loved my cars back then! don't get me wrong i love my fit and my crx (i'll never get rid of my crx, i'll be buried in it) but i'm lazy now and really just care what i think of my cars, and i used to care what others thought too, honestly the fit is getting me back into that mind set lately since this whole club thing started - i want to take better care of it.
that brings me to a question: i want to change the name "utah (ut) fit club just isn't working in my head and i want to make a sweet sticker, so i need ideas (anyone anywhere, even if you dont live in utah but are reading this post) Also i think we'll see more GE fits come aboard now because thats whats selling.
well thats all for now
wilson

if you don't sell it soon, you'll have to give it away!! jk jk i'll stop bugging you about it, well on the internet anyway

keepitpg 02-28-2009 09:13 PM

Dang! I'll be on spring break for that meet =( and I know washing my fit depends on you guys LOL

BlazeOrangeFitTuner 03-01-2009 12:15 AM

what do you want to change it too? ( this club sticker stuff?) And where do you guys want to do the meet at?

keepitpg 03-02-2009 03:36 PM

UT fit crew?
FA = Fits anonymous
fit addicts
umm.. idk im just bored and this thread is dying lol

vtecfit1 03-02-2009 06:21 PM

KEEP'EM coming , everything that pops in your head (everybody) something will catch our ears and eyes

i'm sick as hell so i'll work on something later this week
i'm doing the green death trick tonight = usually works like a charm fo me