UTAH FITS anything goes

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Well if you see another spoiler like that (hell, I'd take a spoon knock off since they don't sell them anymore on eBay) for sale on here hit me up. I really want one. I just don't care for the stock spoiler.

They have it listed as the Type V spoiler. The type M is a bit different. I don't care for it at all. I was so stoked when I saw it on their site still so I ordered it... but alas, disappointment because of a lack of updating their inventory online.

I really liked your GD. I prefer the GD over the GE personally but that's my personal opinion. I like your new one too, just not as much as the GD. I think I still have some pics of it somewhere from the Supremacy meet several years ago.

Contrary to popular belief, the Gram Lights aren't a light weight wheel. They are cast. The J Speeds aren't really light either but almost 1.5 lb less per wheel I just think the car needs a wheel with more lips to it. I love the Gram Lights, but I don't think they have the style I'm looking for. I really like the J Speeds but am not dead set on them. I've just had my Gram Lights forever as well and am looking for some change. I do still have my ATS DTC superlights that I could throw on it. They need to have the bald tires dismounted, paint stripped and repainted, then new tires mounted. I'm just too lazy to get around to doing it haha.

Pic of those wheels as a reference

I'm thinking just plain old Silver. I've had these forever as well but I love how uncommon they are. I've only seen another set in person once and that was on one of the Race Prepped Miatas at Miller.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 PM
So ill be on my way next week. Any changes to people's plans where they can/ can't hang out?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Ya, i never get on here. I really wanted to take my S2000 to import rev before i totaled it, but i start work next week. Once i start working i will be always busy with school, work and homework. If i'm not busy when the texas fit kid comes by, ill come out. But i know next saturday i will be busy.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
wow niether one of you post much, forthoodfit = 110 posts, krazekid = 36 posts, shit i thought i was a slacker at 1500 posts
anyway, i'm down to hook up no matter what car i'm driving (fit or crx) hey joe i know your driving a grip already but if you're down we could drive out to the salt flats (125 miles west of salt lake city) it really is an incredible place to see, i think they will be running land speed record attempts next weekend too, but even if not it's a great place to take a few pictures,

i wouldn't mind getting a few pics of the green wheels out there before i sell it

it would be sick as hell to get multiple fits out there for a photo shoot, but ferris and corey both say they are busy on saturday, ann hawaiianfit hasn't posted in a year

we'll figure something out, are you headed to Vegas after salt lake ?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM
(Heading to Vegas) No we would like to but we couldn't save all the money for the Vegas, and Cali trip. We will see whats up with the Salt Flats, im down but I got to figure out how much gas is needed to do that trip out there.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Greetings from Payson! Haven't seen any modded Fits so far though. Here's mine. Needs a lot of work though.

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  74.6 KB

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  67.1 KB

Old 01-02-2014, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
What up Utah Fits. Just picked up a 2011 Fit Sport 5 speed PMM Certified used with 27000 mi through Ken Garff Downtown SLC. Love it so far. Almost bought the dark blue base they had used but luckily they turned down my offer. Then found out they had this 2011 Sport with manual and splurged for the extra coin to get the model and color I prefer with a 12000 mi warranty. Already removed the front plate. Thinking about doing the rear wiper vertical mod.
To give a history of me and my cars, I just sold a 2002 WRX I owned for 3.5 years. It had 188,000 as of yesterday when I saw drive away. It was a stage 2 power setup (exhaust and tune 275hp or so) and had lots of STi interior and exterior bits. I only did the rear STi trunk swap, 17x9 Rota Grids with BC coilovers setup by Innovate Garage. Loved the way it handled. Averaged 28mpg too (commute from Farmington to Draper or 22,000mi/year). I did take it to a WOW event at Miller last April. That was so much fun. I need to do that in my Fit.
Name:  534685_4672465286089_1090058576_n.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  109.0 KB
Name:  SpeedWeek2009-29.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  52.9 KB
Before the WRX I had a 1998 Civic LX sedan that had previous damage. It had some 16x7 bronze Grids and that was it. Had it for 3 years. Rocked 41mpg in that thing.
Name:  brentrod6.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  24.9 KB
Before that I had a 1994 Mustang GT with intake, headers, exhaust, springs. It was a fun car, but it handled like poo. Too nose heavy. They can be made to handle, but it was burning oil and I just wanted a civic again. I got the Mustang in a trade for my 1995 Civic EX Coupe.
Name:  jackie1a.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  19.6 KB
I bought that while going to BYU. It started out stock. This was around 2001. I put Eibach sportline springs, shifter, muffler, high flo cat, 16x7 silver F2's (look like Rota slipstreams). I loved that car. I should have kept that car, but I was living in socal near my dad and bro who both had SN95 Mustangs. Then we moved to Utah and I got rid of it less than a year later, so had it for about years. Before the civic coupe, my first car was a 1972 VW Bug. I grew up in Tehachapi, Callif. Bought it when I was 18 right after high school and worked at a machine shop. I was big into aircooled vw's. My first car love was aircooleds. I really wanted a Squareback, but the bug was cheaper.
Name:  FarmingtonUtilitiesApplication_0.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  34.4 KB
Over the years I've gotten into pretty much every kind of car. In the last 5 years I've probably test driven 50-60 cars. I'm dead serious. 80s Golf, early 90's Jetta, 2014 Jetta 1.8T check. Scion xB, tC check. Focus from 2013 and SVT and ZX5 check. S197 Mustangs check, 03 Cobra. 3 EVO's, 400hp 06 WRX, 11 STi stage 2 check. early 70's squareback yep. 90s Saab 9-3, early 2000's 325i, e46 M3. 72 Datsun 510. 64 comet caliente, ae86 with 20v swap coupe, I'm obsessed. I'm trying to keep it under control. My wife helps as well as my 4 boys. From March through October, we can be found at the baseball fields up and down the wasatch front. I coach my oldest boy's team. It's crazy. We're big baseball fans. Dodgers, Nationals mostly. Angels a little bit.

I wrote for myrideisme.com for a couple years as "hechtspeed". I'm a huge fan of the Bonneville Salt Flats. I've been going to Speedweek (and other events) since 2007 and I'll never miss a year until I die. The history and culture around the flats is incredible. One of my dream cars is a model A roadster or chop top coupe. I even got to write a few stories on MotorMavens.com. Antonio Alvendia is my man crush. haha Dude has some awesome AE86's and a killer orange early 70s SR5 Corolla.

JDM Legends in Salt Lake is one of my favorite places to drop by and get some vintage Japanese car culture in me. I love Eric B and his work. My other man crush. haha
I've got a pretty bad habit of buying Hot Wheels (mostly Japanese cars, I have all the AE86's, 240Zs, Hako and Kenmeri Skylines, EF Hatchback that just came out, Toyota 2000GT, Datsun 510's, e30 M3, etc.).
Pretty into airplanes as well. Reno Air Races is on my bucket list. I still build model airplanes here and there and my oldest just got a RC plane.
Name is Chris, I'm 36 (next week) and work as a Quality Engineer at a Medical Device manufacturing company in Draper. Well, I'm normally a super quiet dude, unless you wanna talk cars and then I can't stop. Hence this super long intro post. Probably info over load for most.
I hope I can help the FIt movement in Utah. Just read through all 38 pages of this thread today LOL. Looks like vtecfit1 did a lot of work and organizing meets and keep the thread alive. I see he doesn't have a Fit right now but says he will get another one. Anyway, I'll see what I can do with my busy family/work/baseball coaching life to get some car culture in me here and there.
Name:  titefit3_zps0bb4108f.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  45.2 KB
Name:  titefit1_zpsd2e5af28.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  54.5 KB

Last edited by Tite Fit; 01-02-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Any one up for "Pho Fridays"? Viatnamese Noodle Soup. There aren't any down by where I work, but I am able to get a long lunch on depending on meetings at work to drive up to 3500 South and Redwood. I usually eat at Noodle Saigon when I get some Pho.

Or In-n-out or good Mexican Food (not many in Utah that I've found yet).

Reason for my name "tite fit" I guess was because you know... "your ride is tite bro!" and I'm 6'3" and so its a tight fit in a fit. It actually isn't at all, but its a small car, so people probably think it would be a tight fit. There you go...
Chris

Old 01-05-2014, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
two questions Mr.tite
1: who was your salesman at Garff?
2: you wouldn't happen to have the stock radio out of that 98 civic layin around would ya?
I almost picked up my third fit yesterday but it was sold when I got to work or i'd be rockin a 2007 blue sport - grrrrrrr well when I snooze I lose!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Salesman was "Fast Eddie" Jeppson. He's workin on seeing if the mechanics misplaced my mats. I had them put the rubber trunk mat in the deal from the blue base I drove. There was clear plastic where the mats go when I drove mine and didn't realize there were no mats when I drove it home. I'll let you know if Eddie tracks down a set or if I need to buy some.
No civic radio sorry
Dude u gotta pick up another fit stat, this forum is full of crickets without you man! Lol

Old 01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Did the "JDM" yellow vinyl on the fogs today. I dig it.
Name:  yellowfoglight2_zps5f8d7a99.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  57.0 KB

Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
gd3 parts

I know there aren't a lot of first gen fit people that post up here but I have a friend that is selling some GD3 parts and I have them in my possession as he is moving to Vietnam for a year or so and asked me to sell his stuff. He knows I visit SoCal often to chill with the fit guys (and girls) so he figured I might be the best to help unload them
here is what I have and what it will fit and how much he wants for the stuff

a set of 5 rims w/tires 17"x7.5 gram light 57s 4x100 +40 - almost any Honda 4 lug - $1300
retrofit tommygun silver housing headlights - any GD3 - $240
project MU big brake kit with rotors and brand new set of pads (must have 17" wheels to fit) - any GD3 (running 17" wheels) $1600
JDM spec GD3 power folding mirrors with turn signals built in - GD3 only - $400
carbon fiber vented hood - GD3 only - $200
real mugen black w/red stitch leather seat covers - GD3 only - $600

I will post pics as soon as I get the stuff cleaned up and pics taken, if anyone is interested feel free to message me

Old 05-13-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit, Tite Fit. I had a 95 EX as well. I miss that car. Also had a 97 EX sedan. All solid, but the Fit is my favorite Honda to date. Maybe aside from the ITR.

Just changed replaced my brakes and got some summer tires. May be hitting up WOW this year for fun. Neighbor with an NSX might join. Weather is finally warming up.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I want to do a WOW in my Fit too. I need to look up the schedule and see when I can "fit" it in.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Anybody from Utah still here?

Old 07-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Still fit strong!

Yeah, I am lol! Have been for years now 🤣🤣. I'm located in the Riverton area and mob around in my grey Manual 2010 fit sport! Look for the purple wheels

Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
picking up my third fit in a couple weeks - miss the killer MPG - see if anyone posts up soon