UTAH FITS anything goes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm in SLC right now and I'm a bit worried cause I can't find any apartments. I thought I did find a nice one, City View Apartments, but I'm reading reviews on them saying it's a bad place. Then again, keepitpg rents elsewhere that received bad reviews too and he said it's actually good there. Tomorrow is my last day and I don't have a place yet. I also looked at University Heights, but can't find anything on that place.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joro
I'm in SLC right now and I'm a bit worried cause I can't find any apartments. I thought I did find a nice one, City View Apartments, but I'm reading reviews on them saying it's a bad place. Then again, keepitpg rents elsewhere that received bad reviews too and he said it's actually good there. Tomorrow is my last day and I don't have a place yet. I also looked at University Heights, but can't find anything on that place.
sorry i took so long to reply i've been busy moving/cleaning my apt. did you find something? if so where at? if not where you thinking? maybe patrick will speak up, but he doesnt get on here as much since he doesnt own a fit anymore.
i'm in cali now and looking for a place also, i need a job too but i'm sure things will go better since i'm actually here

speak up fit freaks!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM
i love college
how is cali? like it so far?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm headed out to SLC on Wednesday next week. I was able to find a place about a block from school. I just need to walk up this steep hill to get to campus...I thought I was done with SF type hills.

I hope you found a place in Cali.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Again sorry for the delay in posting, but I've been busy and still don't have the Internet so I'm posting on my iPhone.
I did finally find a place in simi valley, it's so nice here, the weather has been below average so I hear but it's supposed to heat up this week to the mid 90's - I found a 2 bed 2 bath house with a huge back yard and a pool, it needs a little TLC, and some cleaning up but it's hella better than the apartments I was looking at.
I'll be un Utah in a month or so to pick up a few things, and drive the CRX down here (Cali) so the crew should get together while im up there on the weekend just to keep up, this means you too Jared, and Patrick! Just because you don't have a fit anymore your one of the OG's and know all things Fit!

Pipe up peeps and we'll plan something

Last edited by vtecfit1; 08-16-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
Wow noone wants to get together? Well I'm still shooting for tha weekend of sept 11th - I'm coming to get the Rex and put the TE37's on the fit and drive them both back to Cali. If I don't see anyone then so be it and I hope all is well!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I just got internet for my apartment yesterday so I haven't been on this site. If I'm not busy with school that day, then I'll try to come.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-magazine.html

check out this thread and the pics then notice the guy lives in salt lake - f**k me for moving and having both cars in cali now

Old 10-24-2010, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
ok if i dont find a job in the next week i'll be forced to move back to utah, i have been here for three months and i'm out of money! i have applied for over 40 jobs and interviewed for 6 and seem to run into employers that want guys with families and morgages and dont want to take a chance on a single guy like myself. i found out my old apt. is available and talked to my ex landlord and he is holding it for me till nov 15 if i want to move back, he's even willing to keep my rent the same (he had it in the paper and on the internet for a little more)
so i suppose i need to make a few dollars (day labor) and a decision soon, and stick with it.

hope to see more posts here it might encourage me to just come back

Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 AM
It snowed today and I don't have snow tires...I also don't have any winter footwear so I think I'm going to be having a hard time here for the first week.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
It snowed today and I don't have snow tires...I also don't have any winter footwear so I think I'm going to be having a hard time here for the first week.
if you want snow tires, i can send you to Larry H. Miller Honda on 4646 s.State St. in Murray = see Dani in parts for a good deal and tell her Steve sent you in there(she will take care of you) you can call her in advance if you'd like - 801-268-5555 (remember ask for Dani)

i should be back in salt lake in the next couple weeks (i hate leaving here) if you can wait and i can set it all up, as for your delemma on the winter footwear - well just get a good pair of Doc Martens the soles dont freeze and seem to grip really well in winter snow (too bad they don't make snow tires - they might be better than bridgstone blizzac's, then again Nothings better than blizzac's)

Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't mind waiting if you think my tires will be fine for now and the weather forecast doesn't look bad. Though I may just call if I see that there will be snow within the next 10 days.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
your car is new right? if so you really could get by without snows all together if you're strapped for cash, but if you need tires them its a good idea to just get snows, just ask myself and patrick we both picked up snows last year and it was night and day from the all seasons, jared picked up some great quality all seasons and seemed to do just fine last year but he said the snows he had the previous year were better.

Last edited by vtecfit1; 10-28-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, my car is new and I think it only has less than 2000 miles on it. I guess I can try without snows for now, but I'll let you know if I can't handle it. I just need to be able to get as far as Best Buy and back from the U of U.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Utah Fits is dead!

i realize it's winter and it's "tits ass freezing " and the whole get together thing is kind of a long shot till we see better weather, but come on guys, we can still converse (sp) i drive my fit all the time and see others doing so also, so we all still love our cars right?
i just have to say that VSA is so kick ass in the snow, i have the worse tires on my car (because i tracked it and burned all the tread off the OEM tires) but i have not gotten stuck once! i have been pushing snow and still gotten to my destination, i will admit i hate the ABS kicking way too much for my taste but not much i can do about that except drive a little slower and anticipate better.

post up peeps!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
la de da la de da de da de da hello hello helllo hello hello shit there seems to be an echo in this thread

you guys are lame!!!
thanks for keeping this going .i..

Old 12-31-2010, 04:35 AM
I don't come here that much because of school and I'm in California right now.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Wow...so my rear view mirror cracked some time last night I think. Did it just crack cause of the cold weather?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...so my rear view mirror cracked some time last night I think. Did it just crack cause of the cold weather?
if you're talking about the one inside then it should be covered under warranty, if it's an outside one and there is no visible damage to the housing then it also would most likely be covered under warranty

swing by larry h miller honda and i'll have it looked at, tell me what one it is and i'll have one on the shelf by tuesday, so if it is under warranty you won't have to wait for it to be ordered

Larry H Miller Honda
4646 s. state street
Murray Ut 84107

parts (ask for steve) 801-268-5555

Quick Reply: UTAH FITS anything goes