Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Washington Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/washington-community/)
-   -   Hurricane force winds rock the northwest (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/washington-community/19247-hurricane-force-winds-rock-northwest.html)

scorpmatt 12-10-2007 01:24 AM

Hurricane force winds rock the northwest

People, the northwest was rocked early this past week with hurricane force winds on the coast and coming inland aways.

My sister and her husband were trapped in the town of Pe Ell all week, only able to leave town just yesterday. Thankfully, the water only rose to the edge of the sidewalk and didn't get into their homes, or the majority of the homes on part of their street.

They live roughly a block and a half from the Chealis (sp?) river.

Anyone of the Fit people have damage from this winter storm "hurricane"?

SpokanejdmGD3 12-10-2007 01:31 AM

Luckily for me I am on the other side of the state but I have lots of friends over that way. None of them were any worse off than it sounds like your sister was. Stuck at home for some time but no need to evacuate their homes or anything.

Scary to think this is just the beginning of the season too.

big Fit 12-11-2007 09:11 PM

storm of a century

Good post. Yes I-5 got flooded and did you see the pictures of the wharehouse property? The trees where broken like tooth picks... It is kinda like the st helens eruption... People will see that stuff a hundred years from now. I did not get any damage... but I was impressed.
I hope WA state gets snow in the puget sound area

scorpmatt 12-11-2007 11:49 PM

We've had snow here a few times, last time it actually stuck good then melted after a couple hours. :(

bigg_kidd 12-12-2007 06:42 PM

hope your sister and her family ok by now after the storm. i live around the hill area on the eastside, the only bad thing was my garage and my drive way was flooded. however, i did my part, i went down to IKEA and dropped off quite a few items from my home that we no longer needed and hopefully they could go for some good use for the victims of this storm. Hope everything is going fine so far.

nyancey 12-14-2007 12:41 PM

Didn't see much flooding up here in Everett but we did get a bunch of snow about two weeks ago that stuck around for a day and a half. The Fit had no problems in the snow, but there probably wasn't more than two to three inches on the ground.

scorpmatt 12-14-2007 06:02 PM

You must have stayed out of the areas near the center of the convergience (sp?) zone. :D

I was up there just after the storm and there was nice water all over the place, near the center of that zone. :)

Fitftw 12-16-2007 12:56 PM

man...i dont know if im lucky but here in the Tacoma/Federal Way area we only had heavy rain during this time and a little snowfall that didnt even stick. Hope all you guys are doing fine though