The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Anyone want to guess what's going on here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Anyone want to guess what's going on here?

Not looking to be a smart ass, just want to see if anyone here can figure it out and why I may have gone this route to get some folks thinking about things to do with their Fits cuz I know some of you have an inordinate amount of cash weighing you down if you can buy $200 lug nutz and $2000 wheels

(Hint: This is not an N/A build)

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 06-08-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
You said not an NA so I'm guessing you're trying to increase comp ratio so that you won't have to slap a bigger turbo to get the power you want??

LOL. Not an expert here so I may be way way off here.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Not looking to be a smart ass, just want to see if anyone here can figure it out and why I may have gone this route to get some folks thinking about things to do with their Fits cuz I know some of you have an inordinate amount of cash weighing you down if you can buy $200 lug nutz and $2000 wheels

(Hint: This is not an N/A build)
Because you are planning on running a super small turbo or not going to be using pump gas.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Smile Well...

In order to get the best oil change possible, you likely disassembled the engine and wiped down all the parts so that not a single drop of the old oil was inside the engjine....

Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by onemiglandicho
You said not an NA so I'm guessing you're trying to increase comp ratio so that you won't have to slap a bigger turbo to get the power you want??

LOL. Not an expert here so I may be way way off here.
Great guess actually! You could also use the high-comp slugs to help off boost response and spool!

Originally Posted by Funkster
Because you are planning on running a super small turbo or not going to be using pump gas.
We have a WINNAR!

The plan is a blend of Methanol/Ethanol and 14.x:1CR with a big turbo and more boost than most people run fuel pressure! (Hint: Fit's run 52psi base fuel pressure )

I don't know what exactly it will be due to HG, decking the head, O-ringing the block and a big 'ol cam so I have to figure out my valve to cylinder clearances

Originally Posted by Blackbeard
In order to get the best oil change possible, you likely disassembled the engine and wiped down all the parts so that not a single drop of the old oil was inside the engjine....
LOL I actually bust out laughing when I read this

Not that OCD.. but almost

All good responses thanks for chiming in guys! I am trying to start some more lighthearted threads and get some brainstorming going.. or maybe a passerby will see this and PM me to get the ball rolling on their Fit.

I am hoping this new venture I've started will have compensation that will allow me to fulfill my wildest Fit fantasies.

The only problem is to make the cash I need/want to do it comfortably requires exceedingly long days, at least as I get up and running over the next couple months!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
We have a WINNAR!

The plan is a blend of Methanol/Ethanol and 14.x:1CR with a big turbo and more boost than most people run fuel pressure! (Hint: Fit's run 52psi base fuel pressure )

I don't know what exactly it will be due to HG, decking the head, O-ringing the block and a big 'ol cam so I have to figure out my valve to cylinder clearances
Rough idea of turbo specs?

I will be looking out for this build thread. Looking forward to one hell of a build and a lot of information.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
If you are using pistons that will raise the compression ratio as high as those will I'm thinking there is going to be some extreme internal modifications for strength in the bottom end, insane camshaft lift and timing and close to 100% alcohol fuel... If not you're building a diesel powered engine to use in light weight tractor pulling competition....

Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you are using pistons that will raise the compression ratio as high as those will I'm thinking there is going to be some extreme internal modifications for strength in the bottom end, insane camshaft lift and timing and close to 100% alcohol fuel... If not you're building a diesel powered engine to use in light weight tractor pulling competition....
Yup! alcohol only! ethanol/methanol... mostly methanol.

Check this out for bottom end:

I am talking to a guy who runs a shop in Greece about sourcing these.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Funkster
Rough idea of turbo specs?

I will be looking out for this build thread. Looking forward to one hell of a build and a lot of information.
There will be at least 2 turbos on this little 4-banger. Compounded.