2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Mugen Exhaust ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Mugen Exhaust ???

I just got a 2009 Fit Sport and i have seen the Mugen exhaust and am courious is it worth the $700 for it? Does anyone have a sound clip or video clip of it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
No exhaust is worth $700 bucks unless it's header back or at least cat back from a baller company like Mugen. I believe this is only axle back right? I'd go with another company before shelling out for the Mugen name.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Thank you, Ill deff look around more. Any suggestions?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 AM
I was looking at the HKS. Does anyone know anything about it?

Still open to any suggestions

Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
For civic/integra/fit if u get the twin loop/oval type street muffler from mugen/spoon, they still worth some $ after a few years. BUT if u get the N1 muffler, u can't sell them for much coz they're everywhere. Everyone's got them so there's nothing special about those N1 exhaust.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 AM
or, just go to a shop and get them to make you a custom exhaust. it would be like a grand or so but much better than any axle or cat back

Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
thanks for the suggestion. but i was thinking something more diy. im starting fresh on my fit and i dont wanna give credit to anyone else =P

Old 08-03-2009, 01:37 PM
i have an HKS exhaust on my 07 fit. I like it. Its not extremely loud and its sounds just right cuz i can't stand those annoying loud exhaust.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
see, i would like something louder but i want it to be deep. but if i had to choose between quieter and deep or louder and higher pitched i would deff pick the deep one.

thankss

Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
You should check out this topic for exhaust clips:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...os-inside.html

It has just about every exhaust in it.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned
^those are for GD's..........

Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
i love college
tanabe medallion touring. looks oem and a deep tone

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
thanks you guys =] im so stoked!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
My Mugen exhaust was delivered on Friday but is not on the car yet. I bought the exhaust and other Mugen parts. I guess I'm kind of a Mugen whore as my s2000 has Mugen parts on it also. I was considering a Greddy or HKS exhuast if they have them and could have saved money as I can get a deal on those brands but I really like the Mugen stuff so I guess it comes down to what you like and what you're willing to pay. Good luck with what ever choice you make!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Wongawa
My Mugen exhaust was delivered on Friday but is not on the car yet. I bought the exhaust and other Mugen parts. I guess I'm kind of a Mugen whore as my s2000 has Mugen parts on it also. I was considering a Greddy or HKS exhuast if they have them and could have saved money as I can get a deal on those brands but I really like the Mugen stuff so I guess it comes down to what you like and what you're willing to pay. Good luck with what ever choice you make!
i think i might go with a buddy club one. i just havent looked up a price on them. would u mind sending an audio clip or video once u get ur exhaust on tho. i probably wont make a final decision for a month or two.

thx =]

Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondabRiTT
i think i might go with a buddy club one. i just havent looked up a price on them. would u mind sending an audio clip or video once u get ur exhaust on tho. i probably wont make a final decision for a month or two.

thx =]

if you want a raspy exhaust, then ok, buddy club.

but deep is not something i would use to describe the way their exhausts sound on fits.

the mugen exhaust for your car will probably sound good and have very decent quality.

i would suggest a tanabe axle back, the medallion series, as they are quiet AND deep, but the one for the ge is still in development.

however, there is more than one user on this site that has commented on the mugen exhausts they have purchased as some of the best sounding a 4cyl honda can get.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
if you want a raspy exhaust, then ok, buddy club.

but deep is not something i would use to describe the way their exhausts sound on fits.

the mugen exhaust for your car will probably sound good and have very decent quality.

i would suggest a tanabe axle back, the medallion series, as they are quiet AND deep, but the one for the ge is still in development.

however, there is more than one user on this site that has commented on the mugen exhausts they have purchased as some of the best sounding a 4cyl honda can get.

really?! cuz i watched/listened to LOAD of videos and i really think the buddy club one was one of the deepest. ill have to check out the tanabe.

i want something loud and deep. so if u have any suggestions thatd be great!

i really like the mugen but im gonna have to save up for it... so while im saving up i might as well look around huh?

=]

Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
i love college
exhausts sound different from car to car.. just make sure your watching fit exhausts when you make your decision

Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 PM
thankkks =]

Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
exhausts sound different from car to car.. just make sure your watching fit exhausts when you make your decision
keepitpg, has had two different ones on his car and myself and another utah fit have two other exhausts (all gd) and keepitpg" tanabe cat back is really deep and sounds great and way different than his videos, i'd wait till they have a GE version i think you'll like it!
you should post pics of your fit in your profile (you don't need a host) just load them from your computer, it's cool to see peoples progress

Quick Reply: Mugen Exhaust ???