2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally pushed my GE8 (AT) to the absolute limit :p

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
I finally pushed my GE8 (AT) to the absolute limit :p

Warning: Follow speed limits and road rules at all time!

PS: This is pretty long and boring so press <- Backspace button right now if u have an ADD Also, if u r a kind of person who says "Fit is not a sports car!" "U r stupid" "That's not right!" then don't even bother to read it because I don't care about ur opinion...

Some of u guys know that I'm in a car group that does long cruises once a month here in Orlando. We had a 200 miles round trip cruise (Orlando to Palm Coast) yesterday and I gotta say GE8 is a lot more fun if u push to the very limit!
I finally took Tork's advice and took my rear seats out (Took me only 5 mins...) and I gotta say that was the best thing I did to my car... My car's personality changed as soon as I took them out...
Also I took Texas Coyote's advice on putting octain booster top of premium gas so I bought a STP one for s&g and it added even more fun to it...
I was the first one driving in the line just because I've been doing that for past 1.5 yrs plus I knew the roads that we were driving (*cough* *cough* *Valentine one* lol) . Just fyi, order in the line was my super mild modded 10 GE8 AT (100HP est), modded 09 Toyota Corolla S AT (130HP est), mild modded 07 Subaru RS MT (170HP est), stock 04 Honda S2000 MT (200HP est), and heavely modded 05 Subaru WRX MT (300HP est). Since only 5 cars showed up we decided to do an "idiot cruise" which we saddly go over the speed limits on the roads. Everyone was very disappointed about me not driving Z4 anymore and expected a very slow cruise...
When we got to the SR-11 (45 miles of 2 lane country road that only deers live) I started to treat my GE8 like a rental car. I shifted gears at 7K+ rpm (yes, it does go over the limit ) every single time, and slammed on break as soon as I see a car coming from other direction. BTW, the PRM intake is SOOOO freaking loud at 7k rpm!!! lol Here's some fun facts for u guys, if u r at 80mph and shift from "D" to "S" mode, it will change to 4th gear (not 3rd) even though u can go up to 90mph+ with the 3rd gear no problem. The best part was that the Corolla couldn't keep up with my GE8 so other 3 cars had to pass him lol AND I ended up putting so much distance between me and the RS, other 2 cars had to pass the RS LOL. I haven't done any suspension or brace works, but GE8 kept up with curvy roads at very high speed. When we stopped for the first time at a gas station, I asked people about my car and everyone said "Dude, this ain't no grocery getter!" lol Everyone was shocked that my little grocery getter performed so well in high speed driving. ALSO everyone was suprised that I still managed to get 23mpg+ avg on 40 miles of pure crazyness when the WRX guy ended up getting 10mpg. The worst part was that at 110mph, car doesn't wanna go faster... I stepped on the gas as hard as I could at 4th gear, but the car didn't go any faster... Well it was getting faster but it was like 1mph every 30 secs... and when I was driving 100+mph, I could feel every little rocks on the surface and feel every little wind.
On the way back to Orlando, we took very easy and followed the speed limits (which I do all the time ) because we were so tired spending 4 hrs at the beach and having some GOOD Chinese food.
As soon as I came back to Orlando, I reseted my ECU by unpluging the battery for 20 mins because the tranny shifted at 3500+rpm automaticly due to freaking the ECU out lol, and it came back to my normal 2200rpm shift after.
All in all, I FREAKING LOVE MY FIT! lol Again, it becomes a totally different animal if u push it to the limit. I had more fun with my GE8 than my old Z4 even though it is slower. Just there's something about this car that makes me smile every single time
Thanks for reading

Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
please be more careful out there, 110mph

on a side note I'm guessing there may be a fuel cut-off like on most cars...last I read according to calculations the fit should have a top speed of 122 mph but that was for a manual....I'm not sure if it matters what the drive train is though.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
i have yet to max out on my car, fastest ive driven it was 115.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
I guess I suck. Fastest for me so far is 95!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
lol...my car hasn't been above 120kph

Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
sounds like you had fun. The fastest I have ever gone in my Fit is 90. When I was younger and stupid I took my neon up to 110 on the freeway.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Sounds like fun. Yea a lot of people don't give the fit enough credit in the twisties. It wont go mote than 110 BC its limited.. at 110, there's still rpm left, but ecu is a kill joy lol pics next time!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:33 AM
I tryed once and according to my garmin 765t I maxed out at 183 km/t or 114 mph speedometer said 195 km/t or 121 mph

Last edited by micwic; 05-24-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh my... 110 sitting in a car, with a glass and metal enclosure and four wheels on the ground... Sounds exciting. Really, sounds exciting.

The first time you find a deserted backroad, with no settlement for miles (easier out west than in Florida) and exceed 130 on a motorcycle... that's an exciting feeling. You think you felt the wind? How? You think you felt every rock in the road? You have no idea.

Cars are boring now. Boring and disconnected.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Not everyone can Have the pleasure of owning/riding a bike, so They make do with what they have.. of course there's way more adrenaline pumping things in the world than driving a fit 110.. try 130 on the back wheel. .

Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
Oh my... 110 sitting in a car, with a glass and metal enclosure and four wheels on the ground... Sounds exciting. Really, sounds exciting.

The first time you find a deserted backroad, with no settlement for miles (easier out west than in Florida) and exceed 130 on a motorcycle... that's an exciting feeling. You think you felt the wind? How? You think you felt every rock in the road? You have no idea.

Been there done that, so I know how you feel

Old 05-24-2010, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
I dont want to push the fit hah, i hate putting it over 5k going up a huge hill. I think ive gotten it to 80-85. But yeah it could be a rev limiter. Usually you would know when that kicks in due to it knocking down your rpms, or decreasing your power for a second.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah, but your risk of death from hitting a rock on a motorcycle vs. a car are much much higher.

The Fit has officially been compared to everything now. Wait, we are still waiting to hear about how it doesn't do good off road compared to someone's truck. Sports cars generally aren't.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member

Oh my... Some people just have to hackle no matter what the topic is. I have mad respect for bikers but people like this guy makes every bikers look like a douchebag. U have no idea. Hacklers r stupid. Stupid and should be hanged...

Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Yeah, but your risk of death from hitting a rock on a motorcycle vs. a car are much much higher.

The Fit has officially been compared to everything now. Wait, we are still waiting to hear about how it doesn't do good off road compared to someone's truck. Sports cars generally aren't.
LOL I agree. I can't wait until someone compare Fit to a Lambo or even Veyron lol
If u want, I can't compare my GE8 to my Xterra off road edition after driving on 10" thick mud

Old 05-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Lol..some people just Always feel the need to be better than others. Glad u enjoyed your day with the fit.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
To the OP nice story!
I enjoyed the read.
One suggestion I would say to do is lower your car. Of course it will help with the handling but it will also help with drag at high speeds. I noticed a huge difference at high speeds after I lowered my car. Car was more aerodynamic (less wind uplift) and wasn't as affected by cross winds as much (lower center of gravity). I've had mine to 115mph (AT) fast enough for me. Even though I've had my past car to 140mph and a 2001 vette to 160mph.
Keep having fun...but of course in moderation

Last edited by Committobefit08; 05-24-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Sorry guys, reading it again, it comes off way more douchey than I meant.

Glad you had fun!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden

yeeeea, sureeee

YouTube - Aaron Cook (Jazz) SS8 (Bartons Line) Wairarapa Rally 2007

YouTube - Aaron Cook (Jazz) SS1 (Horoeka Rd) Wairarapa Rally 2007

YouTube - Aaron Cook (Jazz) SS4 (Manuhara Rd) Wairarapa Rally 2007

YouTube - Aaron Cook - Honda Jazz - SS13 Rally of Otago 2008

and i agree. 130 in a car will never ever compare to 130 on a bike. cars are boring compared to bikes but thats just a fact of life.

Last edited by kelsodeez; 05-25-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
ur dumb.
Okay tough guy. You posted some rally vids. Hardly what we call "off road" here in Texas. I can show you plenty of lowered cars, miatas, minis, ANYthing rallying.

See you in the mud.

Quick Reply: I finally pushed my GE8 (AT) to the absolute limit :p