2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creaky clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Creaky clutch pedal?

Any of you MT owners experiencing this?:

Clutch pedal upon take up feels like it's creaking, but there's no creaky sound. It only happens while the engine is on and you're in gear. The lower the gear the more you feel it.

It's starting to get annoying.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I have a manual, but don't have this issue. I only have 2600 miles on mine, though, and having owned manual Hondas in the past, I know it's only a matter of time. Check the pivot point on the clutch assembly and make sure it's not all dried up.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Does checking the pivot point require disassembly of anything or just squeezing yourself down by the pedals?

My 08 Accord also had this problem. The dealer told me it's coz it's a high performance clutch and a lot of power. Bull crap. Now my Fit has it. I can't be the only one!!!! Help!

Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Does checking the pivot point require disassembly of anything or just squeezing yourself down by the pedals?

My 08 Accord also had this problem. The dealer told me it's coz it's a high performance clutch and a lot of power. Bull crap. Now my Fit has it. I can't be the only one!!!! Help!
lol yeah you gotta watch out for those Accord power monsters!!

Honestly I'm not sure on the Fit assembly, but it usually only requires squeezing under the dash with a good flashlight.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
^i live in Los Angeles, GE sport 5spd as well. I have 25,000 on my car...i am not experiencing what you are describing.

but i did feel that when I had my previous car, is300. i had it checked and a mechanic said it was the weather and another said it was normal.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
mine make a slight noise but it sounds like its from the slave cyl

Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
If I'm the only one on Earth experiencing this on my last 2 Hondas, I either have a super sensitive left foot, or I should play the lottery. Or both.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
^forget the lotto..hit up vegas! haha.

how many miles do you have on your car? does it happen EVERY time or just randomly? if it happens pretty consistently, then have the dealer check it next time you're there. Sierra does a pretty good job at diagnosing. but im pretty sure you're fine. no leaks anywhere right?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM
My Civic does this. In some situations the creak is audible even. Haven't noticed it on the Fit...I'm at ~24000 miles.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM

You're looking for the clevis. It's the pin the pedal pivots on and is held in place by a spring clip on the end. Lube there, whit lithium is good to use. Comes in spray, real handy, go lightly.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
My Civic does this. In some situations the creak is audible even. Haven't noticed it on the Fit...I'm at ~24000 miles.
Okay, lol, but did you get rid of it? (and how?)

Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
You're looking for the clevis. It's the pin the pedal pivots on and is held in place by a spring clip on the end. Lube there, whit lithium is good to use. Comes in spray, real handy, go lightly.
Thanks, I'll try that. But just FYI, this has been an intermittent thing. It was strong when it was months old, disappeared, came back mildly, and now back to strong.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Okay, lol, but did you get rid of it? (and how?)
Heh...never even tried to fix it...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Mine too, I can't hear anything, but can feel it through my left foot.

I guess I'll try to squeeze my fat @$$ under the dash with some grease one of these days.....

Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
mine did this like a few months after a i owned it, and it did it for about 1 month, now its not there anymore.. idk what causes this.. but it seems to occur when its like humid outside.. but iam not 100% positive.

i haven't had this problem in months.. its like it slowly went away, at first it was kinda embarrising cuz it was like a new car and people are like "whats that squeeky sound?"

Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
mine did this like a few months after a i owned it, and it did it for about 1 month, now its not there anymore.. idk what causes this.. but it seems to occur when its like humid outside.. but iam not 100% positive.

i haven't had this problem in months.. its like it slowly went away, at first it was kinda embarrising cuz it was like a new car and people are like "whats that squeeky sound?"
Mine doesn't make any noise, but you may be on to something about the humidity. Here in L.A., it's never humid, except for a few days for the past few days. It's even raining today. And the pedal has been acting up recently. Maybe it has more to do with barometric pressure?

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
That is a huge coincidence!

I am having the same problem and it just happened today! Mine does have a creaky sound to it though. It happens when I am slowly releasing the clutch but not when I do it fast. In my case it has nothing to do with the climate. The climate here is pretty constant.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Ok now wait a minute...as I stated in my first post, this trait ONLY happens while IN GEAR while you're MOVING. It does not occur while idling or the engine is off.

So does lubing that pivot point still make sense? Does this point to something more internal?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Next thing in is the clutch master cylinder. Pedal pushes a rod that goes directly into the master cylinder.

In gear and moving, as when you're in second and shifting to third you depress the clutch, shift and when you release the clutch you hear the noise. If it's coming from inside the cabin it's most likely pedal related.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
No noise, just creaking FEEL upon take up.

Quick Reply: Creaky clutch pedal?