2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Wheel fitment!!!! Hella flush!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fatfit3
blown motor-shop forgot to put oil back in my car.
first totaled civic-i was rear ended.
second totaled car-my girlfriend was driving and a deer ran out in front of her.
Do your own work.If not, at least verify what they worked on. Do you even pop your hood?

I don't know what a "civic-I" is but it sounds too hella flush for me.

second totaled car-my girlfriend was driving and a deer ran out in front of her.
Next time, have your girlfriend run out in front of the deer preemptively.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Do your own work.If not, at least verify what they worked on. Do you even pop your hood?

I don't know what a "civic-I" is but it sounds too hella flush for me.

Next time, have your girlfriend run out in front of the deer preemptively.
yes i work on my own car now but i was 16 and that was my first car..i was not into cars then

i dont know what a civic i is either but i do know that if you would of read it correctly
you would of read I WAS REAR ENDED...

Let the thread die...i got the info i needed...if you want to know more about the cars ive owned PM me

Last edited by Fatfit3; 02-01-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
ey dogg, don't let dem hattaz kill yo game! hellaflush iz da hottest shit on da tuner scene since jdm racing altezza taillights and jdm shocker stickers............

peep my ride, kidd. i be da most hellaflushest mofo on da west coast.......

i be da only playa on dis site rockin' da burberry trunk on 16x10 -20 rotas..... finna' get mo stretch on dem tires doe cuz shit looks dirty in dat pic....... maybe 205/30/16 or sumthin, i dunno yet............ imma post a new thread an see if i can git sum help....

i jus came up on a roof rack foe hellacheap on craigslist too..... might be stolen but dass koo wit me save me dat cheddah knaw'm sayin...... new pix wen dat shit iz hooked up......

ey i almost forgot follow me on twitter doe @hellaflush_mofo_4lyfe...... deuces

/sarcasm

edit:
for the record
i have plenty of friends who run aggressive wheels. stance is important to them and while i don't share the same sentiment i have the utmost respect for their passion: diagrams, geometric math, and on-the-fly engineering make "stance" an artful science. it's just poser wannabe nut-huggers who don't do their own research that really bother me.

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 02-01-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
you guys are all useless. instead of bashing on the guy, why not just answering his fuckin question.

here man, to help you out a little, from personal experience, when my ge was on t1r s-coils, and with a little fender rolling and pulling, i was able to fit 17x8 +22 with a 205/40 tire. it was the most agressive i could go with the way i drive. (i daily my car 100 miles a day). only time it would rub was if i went over a big bump on the road.

this is my car on function/form type 2's, lowered more, 17x7 +25 205/40/17 carving lover souls.

here it is lowered all the way on the functions, 16x7/8 +10 205/40/16 24k gold dipped volk gtu's.

and here is my current daily setup, 16x7 +20 205/40/16 work rs-beta

hope these give you a rough look on wheel specs. if i were you, i'd consider going with a 17" rim. it'll be easier for you to get the look you're going for with a bigger rim. 16's will work, but it'll be hard to clear the tire/fender gap with just regular springs.

Last edited by TGIJoseph; 02-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
thanks again---im new to this whole thing but i think ive got enough info to pick my wheel specs..thanks again to anyone that chimed in with relevent information

Old 02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
im new to the forum and so far so good. thanks tgijoseph. your shits hella hard

Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Minor high-horse chiding...

I'm kinda disappointed in this thread. If this guy is using the term staggered technically incorrectly, big deal. Look up "staggered wheels" on google images and you'll see that LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE are calling it the same thing. Many of the people disparaging the OP used incorrect grammar and spelling while they criticized. Chill, Winston.

I like the look, personally. Some of these people like it. I don't like the mega camber pulled fendered tires too small for the wheel width look, but a little, done tastefully, I like.

I have 185 55 16s on the stock wheels on the front, 205 50 16s on stock wheels on the back. IMO, it looks much better. I've reversed them; the look is a little odd but the handling is fine. I, too, would like to fill the wheel wells out more flush, I'll prolly go with 195 50 16s on 16x7s for the front and 205 50 16s on 16x8s for the back. The new tire size comes in the next couple weeks, I'll post some pics.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Wow. Lot of drama in this thread, and I understand both sides of what's going on in here. While I understand there are "hellaflush" haters, I think its more about the fact that you didnt take the time to do the research yourself and learn. After you do the research, and then when you get stuck, that's probably the best time to ask questions. Not to be a dick or anything, but if you did the research, you wouldn't have asked that question. Or maybe you would have asked a similar question, but in a different way.

I'm not going to give you any specs, because ultimately you decide where you want your wheels to sit... not me, not anyone else on this forum. Figure out where you want the outer lip to sit then do the math and take measurements. Then double check your math, then take the measurements again. Then don't forget to factor in the tire size and the kind of stretch you'll have. And don't forget that each tire stretches differently. And your suspension. And your allignment. And your fenders/quarters. That should help with the measuring part.

The questions I do want to ask (which is more important than your future wheels specs) are:

Where is your car going to sit? and How are you going to get your car to sit properly without having the wheels/tires hit anything? This is the million dollar question. Once you answer this, you're golden.

Personally, I'd rather be slammed to floor with normal spec'd wheels than have aggressive wheels on a car that doesnt sit properly. While aggressive fitting wheels are nice IMO, if your car doesn't have the stance to back it up, it's going to look like shit. And even worse if you do get the stance you want, and it rubs like a mofo and you can't correct it, FAIL.

Now before you answer this question to yourself, your car and to your potential new wheels, do the research first, then if you need help, I'd be glad to be of assistance.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, here's my car. To the guys new to wheel fitment, I hope I can spark some thinking in you by saying this.

When I drive, I don't rub at all... but in this picture the fenders/quarters are sitting on the sidewalls. *cue jeporady music*

Last edited by danielg; 02-13-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Name:  108SN.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  126.5 KB

Name:  wTwrz.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  207.6 KB

Name:  hcUuj.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  185.6 KB

Stock springs, the tires are 205 40s, going with 215 40s to correct the height. The wheels are 17x7 with a +42mm offset.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhyneba

This picture looks like it is from the "Cars" movie, has it's hand out, and is politely saying; "after you..."

~SB

Old 02-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by danielg
Wow. Lot of drama in this thread, and I understand both sides of what's going on in here. While I understand there are "hellaflush" haters, I think its more about the fact that you didnt take the time to do the research yourself and learn. After you do the research, and then when you get stuck, that's probably the best time to ask questions. Not to be a dick or anything, but if you did the research, you wouldn't have asked that question. Or maybe you would have asked a similar question, but in a different way.

I'm not going to give you any specs, because ultimately you decide where you want your wheels to sit... not me, not anyone else on this forum. Figure out where you want the outer lip to sit then do the math and take measurements. Then double check your math, then take the measurements again. Then don't forget to factor in the tire size and the kind of stretch you'll have. And don't forget that each tire stretches differently. And your suspension. And your allignment. And your fenders/quarters. That should help with the measuring part.

The questions I do want to ask (which is more important than your future wheels specs) are:

Where is your car going to sit? and How are you going to get your car to sit properly without having the wheels/tires hit anything? This is the million dollar question. Once you answer this, you're golden.

Personally, I'd rather be slammed to floor with normal spec'd wheels than have aggressive wheels on a car that doesnt sit properly. While aggressive fitting wheels are nice IMO, if your car doesn't have the stance to back it up, it's going to look like shit. And even worse if you do get the stance you want, and it rubs like a mofo and you can't correct it, FAIL.

Now before you answer this question to yourself, your car and to your potential new wheels, do the research first, then if you need help, I'd be glad to be of assistance.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, here's my car. To the guys new to wheel fitment, I hope I can spark some thinking in you by saying this.

When I drive, I don't rub at all... but in this picture the fenders/quarters are sitting on the sidewalls. *cue jeporady music*

HANDS DOWN CLEANEST FIT i'VE SEE FOR THE NEW MODELS... BUT i CAN NEVER DRIVE THAT THING AROUNDLOW LIKE THAT... I;M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT OFF SET I NEED TO DO THAT HELLA FLUSH FOR MY O8 FIT. I LIKE THE XXR 501 RIMS BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS PERFECT OFFSET. SPRING DROP TIRE SIZE TO THAT STRETCH LOOK. CAMBER ADJUST AND BLAH BLAH SO ON....

Old 02-21-2011, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F-IT!!!
HANDS DOWN CLEANEST FIT i'VE SEE FOR THE NEW MODELS... BUT i CAN NEVER DRIVE THAT THING AROUNDLOW LIKE THAT... I;M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT OFF SET I NEED TO DO THAT HELLA FLUSH FOR MY O8 FIT. I LIKE THE XXR 501 RIMS BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS PERFECT OFFSET. SPRING DROP TIRE SIZE TO THAT STRETCH LOOK. CAMBER ADJUST AND BLAH BLAH SO ON....
Seriously? Did you even read my post????

Ridiculous.This is the type of behavior that gives people like me (who take wheel fitment seriously) a bad name. I spend a lot of time taking a stand on the subject because the majority, if not all, the people I talk to who are into the subject are educated - or at least willing to try and educate themselves.

When I read a comment like this, I think to myself - Why should I help someone, if that person doesn't want, or hasn't taken the time, to learn in the first place?

AND TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

/end rant.

PS. To everyone who talks crap about the "hellaflush" crowd, I officially understand.

Last edited by danielg; 02-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danielg
Seriously? Did you even read my post????

Ridiculous.This is the type of behavior that gives people like me (who take wheel fitment seriously) a bad name. I spend a lot of time taking a stand on the subject because the majority, if not all, the people I talk to who are into the subject are educated - or at least willing to try and educate themselves.

Why I read a comment like this, I think to myself - Why should I help someone, if that person doesn't want, or hasn't taken the time, to learn in the first place?

AND TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

/end rant.

PS. To everyone who talks crap about the "hellaflush" crowd, I officially understand.
LOL... Seriously... LOL

~SB

Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TGIJoseph

Oh my, that's pretty.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Dope fit. By any chance are ou friends with Corey tgijoseph?

Old 02-24-2011, 03:05 AM
what wing spacers are those? home made? if so, what did ya use? that's the best wing mod i've seen so far...awesome photos by the way....car looks like candy. where my jolly ranchers?

Last edited by Tencho; 02-24-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Yo!

Ignore what ever answers you get about people hating on hellaflush or what ever you do what makes you happy..everyone thought red wheels on a white car looked good and some didnt. Same $h!t different story. I have a GD3 with gold xxr 522's 15x8 +0 offset
You need to give it camber or you'll end up having something like the blue civic...aaaaloooooottttt of poke <--you dont want that or if you wana use 17's go for 17x7 this was before i went into the flush look

Last edited by Puertorican Jazz; 05-02-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
This subject is very touchy. ALOT of reserch will be needed to achieve what the purple or white fit have done. They are true wheel whores who know about aggressive fitament. Purple is on coils he said that, and his coils cost more than xxr rims alone. Not to mention his work ballers. The white fit is on air, hence his gorgeous stance. Lowering, wheels, offset, tire sizing, fender rolling, and fender pulling reserch all those for the perfect stance. Its a hard game, and can totally make or more likely break the look of your ride. Good luck.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Hella flush you tube vid funny as hell!! I didn't even pick up on this fad either. Are flat face rims a fad too?

Quick Reply: Help!!! Wheel fitment!!!! Hella flush!!