2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Color?!

Taffeta White or Midnight plum pearl?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Your car, your choice!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Subie
Your car, your choice!
True. Pretty much split 50/50. Haven't seen too many plum fits running around. Well compared to white at least.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Wonder why they don't offer the pearl white.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RUNUMHARD
True. Pretty much split 50/50. Haven't seen too many plum fits running around. Well compared to white at least.
White if you like low profile, stealthy and don't like keeping your car showroom clean and waxed. Little dirt doesn't show as much.

Plum if you're an attention-getter type and like to keep your car always waxed up. Can't hide the dirt.

Just my take. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 AM
White if you like low profile, stealthy and don't like keeping your car showroom clean and waxed. Little dirt doesn't show as much.

Plum if you're an attention-getter type and like to keep your car always waxed up. Can't hide the dirt.

Just my take. Good luck!
Thanks! That's kinda why I ruled out black. Too much work and you see every little imperfection. So it looks like white 60/40. Lol!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:15 AM
Banned
LOL you can't even make up your mind over the color on your own car????

Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by loudbang
LOL you can't even make up your mind over the color on your own car????
Just looking for some positive input.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 AM
RAH
5 Year Member
Can you get the Plum off the lot? When I recently purchased my 2013 Fit (I got a "Metallic Metal" - dark gray), they didn't have any Plums and told me I would have to "commit" to it if I requested it - i.e. if I didn't like it when it arrived, I was stuck with it. And they didn't have a similar color in any other car on the entire Honda lot. So I decided it was too risky. I got burned many years ago ordering a car in an unseen color and HATING it when it arrived - Yikes!

So, unless you can SEE it, go with the white, IMHO. I didn't even consider white when I bought mine, considering it probably too hard to keep clean, but I've seen several around town and think the color works very nicely on the Fit.

Last edited by RAH; 06-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
As I have posted elsewhere, I will never own a car that isn't white due to all the traffic on the roads. Insurance is high enough; I want to be as visible as possible with all the idiots out there. White looks just as nice all polished up as any other car color and it won't show the dirt as much when it isn't perfectly clean. Unfortunately the only white car I have is the one I bought new. When buying a used car, especially a Fit, it is tough to find a white car. Everyone on cars.com seems to want to unload their black car; probably because it is black and has been in numerous accidents because they are harder to see at twilight and at night. My Fit is the very common metallic orange which also seems to stand out on a crowded road for some reason.

Last edited by BurntZ; 06-25-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 AM
RAH
5 Year Member
Concerning car color and accidents, it seems to depend on where you look. A lot of q/a postings on the Internet do say white is best, but a New Zealand study:

Car colour and risk of car crash injury: population based case control study

says: "We found a significant reduction in the risk of serious injury in silver cars compared with white cars ... The risk of a serious injury in yellow, grey, red, and blue cars was not significantly different from that in white cars." (I removed a lot of stat info in that quote. Look at the link for the whole thing).

So, I think this should be only a very small factor in deciding what color to get.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
I have an alabaster silver car and touch ups are fairly visible because the silver metallic sparkle looks different from a brush than a gun. White I believe is easier to touch up with better results.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
I had really no choice in the color because I wanted a manual transmission 2012 Fit Sport in May 2012. The problem was Honda lost money on each Fit due to the exchange rate so it was limiting imported cars. So the dealer told me to list 4 to 5 colors in order of preference white was first, red was last. I ended up with red and really like it now.

If you can not decide I would go through the photo sections of the different colors. See what people have done to their cars to see which colors look good with different wheels, mods, etc. You may say now that you will leave it stock but that can change rather fast.

Good luck with your chose.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Easy to Keep Clean

Go with the Storm Silver. It's pretty easy to keep clean and looks Good.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM
just picked up a brand new midnight plum Fit Sport last Friday. Looks great! So I may be biased with my color choice...

Old 06-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by RAH
Concerning car color and accidents, it seems to depend on where you look. A lot of q/a postings on the Internet do say white is best, but a New Zealand study:

Car colour and risk of car crash injury: population based case control study

says: "We found a significant reduction in the risk of serious injury in silver cars compared with white cars ... The risk of a serious injury in yellow, grey, red, and blue cars was not significantly different from that in white cars." (I removed a lot of stat info in that quote. Look at the link for the whole thing).

So, I think this should be only a very small factor in deciding what color to get.
Never even thought about it as a safety feature. But that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for all the input guys!!!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RUNUMHARD
Never even thought about it as a safety feature. But that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for all the input guys!!!
It's really not that complicated (infinity X infinity).
Vanilla or chocolate, cone or cup - now that's complicated!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
It's really not that complicated (infinity X infinity).
Vanilla or chocolate, cone or cup - now that's complicated!
That's an easy one. Vanilla cone or chocolate cup. Bwahahaha

Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I had three color choices, White, Plum, or Orangeburst. We really wanted PLUM, but the upkeep was just not ideal for a car that will be driven 100 miles on a daily basis.

Then it was Orangeburst, I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted it and still regret til this day I did not just shoot for it. But then again, Orangeburst was a 2012 color.......soooo.......... =X

We got White for the ease of upkeep, and white tends to have a cleaner look and more subtle I suppose. Can't really go wrong with any color. Of course it's all personal choice. I personally wanted another color because we already have two white cars, and now three.

Blue Raspberry is a neat color too! I guess I'm just blabbing at this point.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Fit is a small car,
so if you buy Taffeta White, it will help make the car look just a little bit larger

White is also like a blank canvas,
you can add some carbon fiber parts on the car (wing/lips/trim/mirror cover), it will look nice (black and white contrast).

you can add some red color part (red brake caliper or change the rear tail light to the one with more red color) it will look nice

you can add black wheel, silver wheel, gold wheel, all will look nice on white car.

you can add some yellow color part (yellow brake caliper, tow hook in yellow), it will look nice too.

so I think white is the easiest color to have if you plan to modified (with different color contrast) your Honda Fit.

I personally think that the other nice color for Honda Fit is the JDM Pearl Yellow
or the JDM Pearl White,
but unfortunately both of them are not available here in US.

Quick Reply: Color?!