2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth, 6 Speed & Other Fit Musings

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Bluetooth, 6 Speed & Other Fit Musings

Had my new Orange Sport Navi MT for all of about a week now and the following things keep popping up as I drive around:

Bluetooth...

Given the Civic has a similar Nav with Bluetooth why oh why can't I have Bluetooth (from Honda) in my Fit? Pressure from the Civic brand manager to keep it out of the Fit perhaps? This is my first stick since the pre-cellphone days - guess what - its hard to drive a stick and operate the phone. My nav system has phone numbers...if only I could dial them via BT. Come on Honda - those of us who paid the ridiculous amount of money you wanted for the nav system would have easily paid an extra $50 - $100 to have you throw in BT. Only 10% of Sport buyers will purchase the Navi (estimated from Honda) - I 'll just go ahead and speak for most of us (all?) and say we would have liked BT as well.

6 Speed Trans...

First - let me say this is THE most fun to drive small car I have ever driven in this price range hands down. The gearing, suspension, etc - its a wonderful package as far as this amateur is concerned. That said unless there is some technical issue I am missing I see the heavy hand of the Civic brand manager at Honda being slammed on the table again. As I made my morning commute up a state hwy for 5 miles @ 3K RPM I just have to wonder where gear 6 is - I honestly keep reaching up to shift to this mystery gear. I would be curious if an extra gear at a good hwy ratio would have boosted the Fits hwy mileage significantly?

Rear Cargo Tray Plastic Liner From Honda PRICING...

Please (even with what I paid online at College Hills)....'nuff said.

M.I.A. Cool Stuff...

OK - now I am really nitpicking but as long as I am on a roll....maybe the panoramic roof wouldn't have passed NHTSA muster but I would still like one. Auto-temp climate control: again, my Fit Sport Navi is already going out the door at well over 18K could you just throw it in there and charge me appropriately thank you. I guess I would have taken the discs in back just because I would feel better calling it a "sport" with them rather than without. AWD - even here in Wisconsin I think I still would have passed so no big deal on that one - point: Honda.

All that said, I absolutely LOVE my new little car. I had to take it to work this morning in the rain and actually felt bad about taking it out of the garage. I vacumed the carpets when I brought it home just to feel better about getting it wet.

Backing out of the driveway this morning past my boring white 1999 Chevy Blazer, now demoted to teenage driver duty, I felt kind of bad for it as I wheeled past in my spiffy orange Fit. I cheered up however when I thought about the Blazers 16mpg average on my short drive to work vs what I am getting with my new Honda. Sorry Blazer - time to move on.

Curt

Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up I agree

Definately would like a 6 speed/Overdrive gear for hwy use.

Bluetooth, I'm gonna opt for the $20 wireless headsets, had a few before but they keep breaking. I was wondering if we can swap a Civic Nav unit in our fits and if the bluetooth, and steering wheel controls would work the same. But for the price of it $$$$ might not be worth it.
Hopefully some one hacks it. Supposedly Bluetooth, and other features are on the unit but have been disabled due to reliability issues or glitches (from what I read on a diff thread).

Skyroof or Moonroof should have been options, I'd pay more for a factory roof.
I'm thinking about this option 2008 Honda Fit with Hollandia TVS 940 Just not sure if I should get it as soon as I get the car or after the warranty expires. This is actually my first brand new car, after quite a few used cars, so I'm hesitant about doing anything that would void it. But its a Honda reliability is top notch.

Heated/Cooled leather seats.
and for the cargo tray, I wish they did something like they did on the Matrix with the hard plastic cover on the back of the rear seats, and the floor of the trunk, that would avoid any need for cargo tray.
Atleast throw in the cargo cover.

as I said previously
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yup!!! That's what I'm talking about, I'd even be happy with just the 6th gear overdrive for hwy.
I know this is an entry level Honda, and they're trying to keep the costs down, but I wished they offered more options. I'd be willing to pay more for factory sunroof, leather, etc.
I read an article in the Times, which said that even though Americans are buying smaller cars, they are still buying them fully loaded. The market is there obviously.

Regardless this car is wonderful, and I know we're nitpicking but we can always dream for more.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
The bluetooth module is a separate module by Johnson Controls. It is the same unit used in all USDM Hondas and Acuras that have Bluetooth. From another thread, my understanding is that the stock Navi unit in the Fit can take the Bluetooth module. What we don't know is if the software on the Navi unit needs to be updated (ie. using a Civic navi DVD for example). The other issue would be the steering wheel controls and the wiring of the unit.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
More BT Discussion....

Well now that I know how to get into diagnostic mode on the navi I guess I should go through all the screens, make a note of all the software/firmware versions, etc and then go to a dealer and compare to a Civic navi with BT.

Obviously the wiring/steering wheel controls could still be a huge issue.

Its a place to start at least.

Do you know if the other Honda BT versions can dial the phone number out of the POI database in the navi?

Thanks....

Curt