2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

bluetooth infatuation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
bluetooth infatuation

seems nearly everyone is clamoring for bluetooth in the fit but, having experienced quality and functionality of factory-prepped bluetooth from 3 separate manufacturers, i think the cabin of our car lets in far too much road noise for an integrated phone to work properly.

sure i miss the convenience, but there's no question i'm also saving myself the frustration and embarrassment of having to shout, repeat myself, and constantly apologize to others who either can't hear me or are made to repeat half their words.

sorry, but before honda makes bluetooth an option for the fit, they will need to first wrap ~50 lbs of sound-proofing mat'l around the car.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I use the AUX cord with my iPhone, and people hear me crystal clear. Not to forget it automatically stops my music to answer the call.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
I just completely forget about that and just use a bluetooth headset. 10000x better than any bluetooth attachement or accessory for the car.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
just use a bluetooth headset. 10000x better than any bluetooth attachement or accessory for the car.
Especially the "Jawbone" brand noise canceling models. You can roll down a couple windows and have your music on; caller won't hear it.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
I tried an aftermarket speaker bluetooth attachment and agree, the cabin is too noisy, so no I just use a moto headset and all is well, I do find it hard to hear peeps though, bu tI think it might be my hearing more than anything...

Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
I tried an aftermarket speaker bluetooth attachment and agree, the cabin is too noisy, so no I just use a moto headset and all is well, I do find it hard to hear peeps though, bu tI think it might be my hearing more than anything...
I got a Navi and also just use a Moto headset. It would have been nice if the Navi had bluetooth enabled, or some one haks it eventually, but with ll the cabin noise a headset might be better anyway. I also find my headset volume low, I think its the crappy quality of the newer moto's. I'll have my phone right in my pocket and the headset is staticky.

I gotta find a better bluetooth headset.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
the blueant or jawbone bluetooth headsets are by far the best available consumer bluetooth headsets. I personally have a blue ant one but I have friends who have the jawbone and swear by them as well.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Holy_Fit_Batman!
I use the AUX cord with my iPhone, and people hear me crystal clear. Not to forget it automatically stops my music to answer the call.
I usually do that when I'm not listening to music. I'm trying to figure out how to hook my iPhone up to the USB in the glove and also have it hooked the AUX port. Then I need to figure out a way to answer calls by just hitting the AUX on the NAVI screen.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Holy_Fit_Batman!

Total nube here. I have tried connecting my iphone and ipod to the AUX and nothing happens, with nothing connected to the USB. I am using a short cable purchased at Radio Shack (not sure what it is called) that worked in a friend's AUX in his Civic. What could be the problem? Any input is appreciated.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
you have to play your ipod for something to happen.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Also, make sure you turn up the volume on the radio. My Navi Radio turned the audio down when I plugged my BlackBerry in the first time.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BobsUrUncle
Also, make sure you turn up the volume on the radio. My Navi Radio turned the audio down when I plugged my BlackBerry in the first time.

I actually had to raise the volume substantially on the Ipod or Iphone that would be attached in the AUX. One draw back on using the AUX instead of the USB is that the radio controls do not work for choosing tracks or even skipping a tune.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 AM
I ended up just putting my music on a flash drive, and leave it attached to the usb. My iphone stays on the aux plug when I'm driving, that way I can listen to my music and switch to aux when I get a call.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
I don't talk on the phone when I drive. I also look down on those who do (just to give myself a superiority complex for the lulz). What the heck is everyone talking about so important that they need a device in their ear or in their car to talk even more? So obviously the lack of bluetooth makes me happy, it might have saved me $20 vs a Fit that would have had bluetooth in the radio if it came with it.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Just noticed that college hills is selling bluetooth add on. Looks factory.

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009 Honda Fit Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices

Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I don't talk on the phone when I drive. I also look down on those who do (just to give myself a superiority complex for the lulz). What the heck is everyone talking about so important that they need a device in their ear or in their car to talk even more? So obviously the lack of bluetooth makes me happy, it might have saved me $20 vs a Fit that would have had bluetooth in the radio if it came with it.
To give you an example, finding locations and landmarks that you're supposed to meet people at. You can easily get directions from google maps or what not, but sometimes it just doesn't tell you the whole story.

Texting is by far a lot more dangerous than talking on the phone.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM
The accessory add-on linked at College Hills above has a nice factory look, but still doesn't interface with the stereo. I ended up going with the Parrot CK3100 and it's working out great so far. I posted some details in the thread below, there are also a couple pics on the second page.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post659903

Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I just got my BlueConnect setup, and I love it.

Most people can't tell that I'm in the car when I'm below 50mph, and I'm told that the road noise is barely noticable even at 90 mph. Keep in mind my tires make a LOT of road noise, and Maryland doesn't have the best roads in the world.

The integration is pretty good. I like it.

Bernardi parts sells the Honda HFL option, which is the same device, with different (Honda OEM) plastics. My father was so impressed with my bluetooth install that he offered to pay me to install his. (At car-audio install prices too!)

I highly reccomend the Blueconnect/OEM Honda Hands Free Link.

Last edited by awptickes; 06-05-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
i'm interested in some pics.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
There isn't much to take a picture of, lol.

I've got a picture at home on the camera that I haven't pulled off yet. When I get home tonight I'll post it up.

It was an easy install, the headliner is really easy to cut through with a nice sharp exacto blade.

Quick Reply: bluetooth infatuation