2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Hands Free Link kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
OEM Hands Free Link kit?

does anyone know what its for? is it for blutooth? any instructions too? if it is wat i hope it is for i will be buying it.... Thanks!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...FREE+LINK+BASE

Old 05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
never seen this one before...

Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
bump.....?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
i called them... its actually not for the fit. It is only a remote control for the base system for other cars like the accord..... DAMN!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
It's for the nav-system.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I take that back, it interfaces with the Nav-system, but it seems like it might work without being hooked into the nav-system.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
hello 90crxfreak just want to share with you what i bought the other day , reg your question abt blutooth , ive bought a complete touchscreen,mp3,dvd,tv,nav,blutooth on mobile,usb hub,sd ram ,and it comes bolt on on oem radio harness socket so theres no cutting or so , plus it has a right screen angle so you dont have to worry abt d blurred vision when watching . though i know sound quality still lacks when you compare it to other brands , for now still waiting for some cash so i could buy speakers b4 installing it , good day to all .

Name:  Picture003.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  50.0 KB

Last edited by teamfit; 05-15-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by teamfit
hello 90crxfreak just want to share with you what i bought the other day , reg your question abt blutooth , ive bought a complete touchscreen,mp3,dvd,tv,nav,blutooth on mobile,usb hub,sd ram ,and it comes bolt on on oem radio harness socket so theres no cutting or so , plus it has a right screen angle so you dont have to worry abt d blurred vision when watching . though i know sound quality still lacks when you compare it to other brands , for now still waiting for some cash so i could buy speakers b4 installing it , good day to all .

i'm not sure i understand your post. could you post a link of the unit or where you bought it? i'd like to read up on it.

if you do want a factory option for bluetooth handsfree link, i think i've devised one. a lot of people on here have been installing the odyssey dome light with homelink in their fits, which also come with a sunglass holder.

Name:  3902c71e-a6a6-4a88-a315-6a2ccb46ae5.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  23.4 KB

i work at honda and was killing some time the other day and was looking through the accessories books for the accords and the odysseys and found this.

i haven't had a chance to figure out any of the details, but if someone wants to do the leg work, i thought i would bring up the idea.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:59 AM
sori but im not well in english is bluetooth handsfree link mean a device for mobile user ? who want to talk to the other mobile phn freely without holding there mobile phn ?or who want to play music from there laptop thru there car radio w/out usb ?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
handsfree link is for the cell phone to be used through the factory stereo system without wires. not to stream music unfortunately.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
this tread seems to have taken a turn into different directions.... can anyone tell me what that thing in the link is FOR.........

Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 AM
oh ok well this is it ,i just thought this might help ,it has everything including blutooth
Name:  Picture028.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  60.8 KB

youll just change ur front radio panel
Name:  Picture023.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  48.9 KB

this is what i mean of came with orig factory harness plug so no cutting of wires
Name:  Picture026.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  Picture025.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  45.6 KB

Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 AM
90crxfreak: That handsfree link device is actually bluetooth. It's a combined speaker and microphone. I just bought one, so I'll be sure to post up a DIY when it gets here.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 AM
It's made called BlueConnect, and it's made by a company called AutoIntelligence. They make it to provide OEMs with bluetooth integration that is self-contained.

AutoIntelligence - BlueConnect, Bluetooth handsfree car kit

According to the manufacturer, it will install directly into the Fit.

When the device gets here (it gets shipped Monday) I plan on installing it, and documenting the whole process.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
I saw this too while trolling the parts sites. Does the BT interface take place of the sunglasses holder?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
on the one that i posted (for the odyssey and accord) yes.

on the in dash dvd/nav/bt/ thing that teamfit posted, obv not.

and on the "factory" (in quotes cause it's made by AutoIntelligence) option shown by awptickes there is no sunglass holder. it actually kinda looks like it takes the place of the map lights, but maybe you can install higher on the headliner.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
and on the "factory" (in quotes cause it's made by AutoIntelligence) option shown by awptickes there is no sunglass holder. it actually kinda looks like it takes the place of the map lights, but maybe you can install higher on the headliner.

That's because it's up to the car-maker to make the parts needed to integrate it. AutoIntelligence sold this bluetooth unit to more than just Honda. It's like people who sell picture windows, they don't offer to sell you a wall with a hole cut in it.

Besides, the Honda way to put bluetooth into the GE8 is to cut a separate hole in the headliner:

Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
The AutoIntelligence unit does not hook up to your radio. It will not mute your sound system.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I just installed the Parrot CK3100. I love the OEM bluetooth in the BMW 3 series and wanted as close to that as possible for the Fit. I've tried headsets, and considered rechargeable car kits and the Kensington LiquidAux BT, but chose the CK3100 for the following reasons:

-On whenever the car is on, off when it's off (no need to manually turn it on or off, no fear of it answering my calls when it's in the garage)
-Doesn't need to be charged (I never remember to charge until I need it)
-Auto-connects with my phone whenever it's on (iPhone 3G)
-Mutes the radio, only one button to answer
-Has caller ID (both on its LCD display and by audio voice tag)

It also pulls the phonebook data from my iPhone which the BMW OEM didn't do with my previous phone (haven't tried the iPhone). It doesn't use the OEM radio display, but the display unit is fairly small and stealth.

I went with the plug and play harness from quickconnectproducts.com. Installation was not bad- I followed the glovebox and radio removal instructions shown and linked in this thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-fit-base.html

The Parrot control box combined with the quickconnect harness amounts to a pretty big birds nest of wires, thankfully there's a lot of space behind the OEM GE8 radio. I decided to mount the control box behind the lower glovebox, on top of the HVAC air return box, hoping this might be a bit cooler than behind the radio. From there I ran the wires for the display and mic across the lower dash, thru the center console, and under the steering column. I mounted the display to the three switch blanks under the driver's side cupholder, and ran the mic up the A-pillar where it clips to the headliner right where it meets the A-pillar trim.

So far so good, I'll update after I've had a chance to use it for a while.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
I have been considering the CK3100 also. It seems to be a good choice.
Please show us a picture of your install.

Quick Reply: OEM Hands Free Link kit?