2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Valley Trailer Hitch

Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Valley Trailer Hitch

It seems that the Hidden Hitch type hitches that most people have been installing are back ordered here in Canada. Has anyone installed this Valley Hitch? (I can get this one) Valley Class I Trailer Hitch Receiver V58630 : Trailer hitch bike rack and trailer hitches - etrailer.com (click on instructions) It is much smaller and seems to bolt to the bottom of the floor. I wonder if it will be strong enough (I'm only hauling a bike rack). It also mentions cutting out a part of the "skid plate"? Any thoughts. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm trying to picture a hitch on my lowered Fit I had a custom job done on my '92 300ZX for a bike rack. Worked out pretty slick with a spring loaded license plate frame that hid the receiver.

What kind of bikes are you hauling? Full suspension mountain bikes? Road bikes? Do you already own a rack? The reason I ask is that I was never happy with my hitch mount and full suspension mtn bike. A traditional, open "front triangle" on a road bike is "okay" but I had to finagle my rack arms quite a bit and was never real thrilled once my FS was mounted on it.

Are you trying to maintain cabin space or multiple passengers? You can easily stand two bikes in the back with the seats folded down and the front wheels removed. Just mount some fork mounts to a 2 x 4 and you're set. If you are uber tall you may have to lower the bikes seat or just pull it out.

Your other option if you need interior space is a roof rack. Yakima has what you need if that's the case...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Valley Trailer Hitch

I purchased the Valley hitch you mentioned for it's smaller size and ease of installation. I was WRONG. The fit of the hitch is not even close to what it should be. The holes don't align properly. In addition, you'll have to drill a hole into the trunk area for an additional mounting bolt. That bolt head is exactly where the jack fits.
The instructions state you have to cut the skid plate. Even if you do there is no way to re-install it.
I have been dealing with the company from which I purchased the hitch and directly with Valley to resolve the problem. Valley did send me a replacement hitch, but same problems.
NOT HAPPY with this item!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
I just installed the Draw-Tite model 24826. No problems that you speak of with the other model hitch.

Recommend anyone wanting a hitch, do not buy the Valley model. Go Draw-Tite.