3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Get another Fit in the future, if you need to replace your GK?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Get another Fit in the future, if you need to replace your GK?

Just curious on what GK owners think of their Fit so far. As for me, I probably would not get another Fit and just switch to the Tesla Model 3/Y.

Even right now, if I have to get a new car, I would pick up the new Civic instead of the new Fit.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
If I had to replace my Fit tomorrow, I'd probably move to something more fun.

Maybe Golf R

If Subaru would bring back the Hatchback WRX, that would fit the bill perfectly.

Highly unlikely I'd buy another Fit right now. I'm on my second (GD3 Sport, now GK EX-L) and ready for something different.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
I'm torn because for the price point the Fit gives you a lot for the money. So far it's been reliable and hasn't stranded me, but the quality control leaves a lot to be desired. I've also spent more time at the dealership getting warranty claims done on this car than any I've owned. I guess time and mileage will tell me if this is going to be a long term car for me. This is also my first Honda and so not sure if I'll go with the brand again.

All my previous cars have been Toyotas and they've been 150k+ cars. They were still roadworthy when I got rid of them, just thought it was time for a replacement. Currently also have a 2004 4Runner with 135k and I can see getting 200k+ on that vehicle easily.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
I'd certainly look around again, but there's not much out there that catches my eye right now. The Scion tC was the other option I had considered when I got the Fit, and it's a dead brand now.

That said, a Cosworth Vega is still on my bucket list!

es

Old 09-16-2016, 07:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fibrepunk
Just curious on what GK owners think of their Fit so far. As for me, I probably would not get another Fit and just switch to the Tesla Model 3/Y.

Even right now, if I have to get a new car, I would pick up the new Civic instead of the new Fit.
I would get another GK. It's the wife's car and she likes it.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
I'd almost certainly get another GK, but I'd check out the Fiesta ST first.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Get the Fit for mileage, interior space/configurations, rear seat leg room and the ST if those don't matter and you prefer the upgraded driving experience with more power and stiffer handling. If I didn't have either, I would seriously consider a GTI for a blend of both (at least until the warranty was about to expire ).

Old 09-16-2016, 10:34 AM
I imagine it depends on how you're doing financially. If you're going down, heck yeah, get a Fit. If you're going up, heck yeah, get a Porsche.

I'm looking at a Porsche right now.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'd look, but for the money, I'm not finding anything that has the economy, space utilization, and is as much fun to drive in the same package.

My only issue is the number of quality/fit & finish issues I've had with this '15.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:28 PM
I got my 2016 Fit LX for several reasons and nothing about it or other cars has changed my mind. I would get another one in a heart beat.

Last edited by Wdoney; 09-16-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
If you elect to stay within the Fit price range the choice gets a bit harder. If I couldn't get a 6MT I'd look around a bit for a Mazda3 hatch or maybe the Corolla iM ... very conventional.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:18 PM
I like the Fit and would probably get another unless an electric subcompact comes along. I like an efficient car with room and the Fit is ideal.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
I'd get another, if I was allowed to take my Progress rear anti-sway bar, Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust, and aftermarket shift knob outta the old one. Great improvements over stock...

Old 09-19-2016, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
I would not get another Fit as long as they are sourcing parts from the Phillipines and assembling them in Mexico. Nor would I recommend another Honda until Honda gets their head out of their behind and fix the QC process.

I miss the Honda of the yester years where they were built to last, high quality engineering, and had fantastic customer service. Now it just seems like they are banking on their reputation.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
If I needed another car tomorrow I'd probably still get a Fit because there's nothing to match it in the price range and features. I'm not looking for a mini muscle machine like some of the posters here (who can talk about Fits and Porches in the same sentence?) For mileage and storage there's not much out there like it. I am kind of gambling on Honda's reliability history and our 2016 Fit appears to have been built in Japan (so the door sticker says) so maybe we were lucky.

For me the alternative would have been a Subaru. I really like a station wagon model and Toyota doesn't do that anymore. Living in a snowy region I'd prefer a bit more clearance than the Fit offers, but the Subaru's don't rate quite as highly in terms of reliability (Consumer Reports car edition), plus the mileage isn't as good.

I don't know about quality control but my other car is a 1981 Corolla and I can tell immediately there's a bunch more plastic on the Fit. The only thing breaking on my Corolla is stuff made of plastic but when I look at all the other cars on the road they too are made of plastic so I don't think there's anything better at the price point, and almost nothing comes close to the Fit's mpg.

Last edited by Limmie; 09-19-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Westie

I miss the Honda of the yester years where they were built to last, high quality engineering, and had fantastic customer service. Now it just seems like they are banking on their reputation.
Along with every other manufacturer...6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Perhaps I got "lucky" buying our '15 with some mileage on it, perhaps the original owner had every lil niggling QC problem fixed before unloading it. No outstanding recalls on it, and it's been outstanding, so far, other than that which casn't be "fixed," the ridiculously geared 6th gear, but, that's neither here nor there, 'tis what it is. It's the only car in this class that "pushed all the right buttons" for us.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
It's the only car in this class that "pushed all the right buttons" for us.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
I've gone through many fits in my time. If i needed to replace my 2013, at this point I'd look for another 2013 with fewer miles. Not into the way the newer ones look or drive. I also have a 1988 M3 but that just sits in the garage. My Ford Focus was built last week and is on its way from Belgium, but that'll be more of a track car and not a daily driver. Honestly, I really don't see anything better than a honda fit for an everyday car. I do hope they go back to the fits roots for the next iteration. Eventually I won't be able to find low mileage 2013s and I'll be forced to get a newer model year, thankfully that time hasn't come yet.

Last edited by club968; 09-20-2016 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:34 AM
I would not get another Fit. Not because it's a bad car just because I would want to start a new project. I look at an HRV or go back to Subaru and by s manual Crosstrek. If Bmw would ever bring the 1 series hatchback I would most definitely get that and call it a day.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wat 'projects' are there to do on a HRV and crosstrek? kinda too ordinary to begin with, no?

Quick Reply: Get another Fit in the future, if you need to replace your GK?