No members in Western Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
No members in Western Pa.

I'm from just across the Ohio line in Youngstown. Your community has some very nice roads that need to see some Fit's running on them. I take a ride over in that area once in a while for the fun roads.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Ha, just noticed this. I'm in New Castle, PA, and yes there are some roads here that need to be Fitted. I've seen a few other Fit's here in town, but not sure they're members here. We need to find others and have some kind of meet/get together sometime, although the weather is kinda sucking lately w/ the cold.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately the weather is catching up to us and winter isn't far away, but we can have a meet in the spring!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds good to me. Any chance you're gonna try your Fit over at Beaverun next year -- maybe autox or one of their Flat Out days? I wanted to this year, but we had a baby in July, so the summer was pretty much shot once things all sorted themselves out. Next year though . . .

Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 AM
I've had my S2000 on Beaverun a couple of times and I would like to have some fun with the Fit there also.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitSam
I've had my S2000 on Beaverun a couple of times and I would like to have some fun with the Fit there also.
Good deal, something to look forward to then.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Im also from Youngstown. Im guessing your the same FitSam on fitowners.com. I havent posted there much since finding this site.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by QuackXP
Im also from Youngstown. Im guessing your the same FitSam on fitowners.com. I havent posted there much since finding this site.
Yes, that is me also. How long have you had your Fit and where did you get it?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitSam
Yes, that is me also. How long have you had your Fit and where did you get it?
I got it early in december and I purchased it from Classic Honda in Streetsboro. None of the local dealers said they could get a manual in until spring. Then last week one called said they had some autos and they could order a manual. There loss I guess.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I live about 35 minutes north of Mercer and work in Mercer--hope to be a Fit owner by end of February, have just put one on order. Unfortunately, not many dealerships in the area have them around to test drive. I am ordering an AT, but a little nervous after reading all the gas mileage posts...

Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
I forgot my friend is going to be putting a deposit down on one soon. So there should be three y-town fits on the boards.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thought I'd bump this to hopefully get some replies. The weather's getting nicer, we should set up a meet. spoon_fed has a topic here too about wanting to have a meet, so the timing seems right for one.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in the South Hills of Pittsburgh but my Fit still hasn't arrived yet. I put my deposit down on a SSM Sport five speed back on January 27th and Yenko Honda now tells me that the car may arrive in mid to late April. Originally it was supposed to be here in mid March to early April which would have been in time for the beginning of the autocross season with the North Hills Sports Car Club. Oh well.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
That's gotta be frustrating. I bought mine the day they released them last year, and afterwards I kept thinking things like maybe I made a mistake and should have waited, paid too much, etc. After seeing what people have to go through now to get one though, I think I actually really lucked out. Here's hoping it comes sooner than later for you.

BTW, where does the NHSCC run their events? I'm hoping to go to Beaverun for their casual autocross' events starting mid-April. Never tried it before, so thought they'd be a good way to start seeing you don't have to deal w/ SCCA rules etc.

Anyway, even if you don't have your Fit yet, if we can get some others for a meet, come out anyway -- get a jump start on things while you're waiting.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
The NHSCC runs at the North park swimming pool lot during the spring and fall. They generally follow the SCCA rulebook but are a lot more laid back. Here's a link to their website: North Hills Sports Car Club Autocross in Pittsburgh since 1957

I've been running with them off and on for a number of years in a bunch of different cars. Currently I have a beater '90 Civic sedan with an mpfi swap and a bunch of suspension goodies:

That's a shot of the how the car looked when I bought it, I've since buffed off the stripes and made it look pretty boring.

Before the Civic I ran a Toyota Starlet:

It as a great car but I had to sell it before I could swap in a 4AGE.

Way back before the Starlet I ran my 280Z which is now gathering dust in the garage waiting for me to install a turbo 280ZX engine into it:

I even used to run a formula vee up at Beaverun and in hillclimbs:

For the most part my Fit will stay stock and I'll just use it as a daily driver and occasional autocrosser but I wouldn't mind getting together with other local Fit people. Sounds like fun. Maybe you guys new to autocrossing should come out the NHSCC drivers school on May 5th. You'll learn all the basics and get a ton of seat time in for not a lot of cash.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
That's a very tempting offer, and maybe I will if I'm free. Thanks for the info too. I went and checked out their site and seems like a good time. Also found a link there to the RacePA forum which has been an interesting read so far. Hopefully, we can get some people together soon, though I haven't had any replies other than yours. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
All that we need here is for the rain to wash all the gravel and salt off of the roads, after that it would be great to get together with some of the Fit owners in this area.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, we got a dowsing Thursday, but still not enough to clear it all away yet. Soon, very soon though I'd say.