oh my God...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation oh my God, Seattle people...

wow. just wow. I'm away for a couple of months and this section has become a ghost town.

WHATS UP WITH THAT WASHINGTON PEEPS??????

The past month I've seen a handful of different fits driving around. I've cut down my commute in my car due to me working in downtown seattle and I DON'T want to pay for parking. That, and my work has given me a free flex pass, cost covering up to $4.75

I know I wanted and few others wanted to meet up this summer sometime but alas, I've been busy with finding a job and getting a supra up and running. Being with 2 car "clubs" isn't easy.

If any of you wa peeps out there want to have a meet n greet some time this fall (seeing as summer is done around here), shoot me a pm. I'm currently looking for spots in the seattle/tacoma area that are easy to get to and good for a car meet.

Heck, if we get enough of us together, maybe we can start doing annual/semi annual fun runs, dyno days, drag days, show n shines... I'd love to start organizing some of this stuff, but I need to have a decent head count of how many of you out there are willing to show to these on a regular basis. I know we all have lives and things pop up. Hell, this year alone the supra meets that I've been going to, btoh in the fit and in a supre, have been small in comparison to last year.

If you guys dont want me to start this kind of stuff up, shoot me a pm and I'll shut my trap about it if I get enough negative pm's.

Last edited by scorpmatt; 08-10-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, 24 views and no replys. sad day this is.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
I viewed, but I think I'm far enough away to preclude joining in your meet.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
lol, you never know exwrx... at a couple of the supra meets we had someone from new york and denver, so anything is possible.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Maybe we should combine Washington and Oregon but that would just make you and me. ;p

Old 08-18-2007, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
LOL! yeah, maybe

I've seen some NW area people post elsewhere but here, we need to point em to here.

btw, saw a blue sport yesterday with the license plate GR8 FIT.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:52 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
fit meet

I'm up for it. I'm trying to stand out from other Fits, so look out for a Milano fit with black painted honda rims, exhaust tip, and skunk2 decals on the side skirts.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 AM
If we can get a few more people, maybe we can arrange a meet.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
i'm also down for a meet. Hope you guys dont mind a stock fit like me

Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like to be part of the meet. The east side of the state sucks, seen a few fits around but all people who don't look like the type who are into car meets lol. But a trip over to the west side would be fun, just need to wait a while first. Still broke from a recent trip to calgary.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
alright, good to hear from some of the people in the area!

driving home from everett tonight saw alot of fits on 405. too bad mine is in the shop for speedometer issues.... just have to force myself to drive the supra around...

Well, I'm gonna start cooking up some ideas for meets, will start planning something if I can get at least 10 people confirmed to show.

Now about that number 10 I posted... it doesn't have to be 10 fits, it could be 5 fits with 2 people per car.... although having 10 or more actual fits would be sweet, just meeting some of the local owners is good enough for me, no matter what you drive to the meet.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, I've got some ideas for centralized meets but I need a good idea from our friends in the south, to the east and to the north (canucks included) on how far they are willing to travel.

I know of a few good spots in Tacoma, one or two in Issaquah, a really good one in Centrailia, a few in seattle, at least 1 good spot in everett/marysville, a good fun-run area by Monroe...

So we have alot of options. I am digging up more areas for "fun-runs" (trust me on this, the stock fits (at least the sport 5at) can keep up with 2nd and 3rd gen supras on fun-runs so don't get scared of that term) so we can have some good fun with our cars.

If you have any ideas please post them up here, pm me, or send me an email, scorpmatt@gmail.com is the best address to contact me at.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'd consider meeting up as well, since I'm new to the area.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Hey nyancey, what part of everett do you hail from? My gf lives in that area... off of 204th by the hewitt ave. tressel (it's a commute and a half if I go 5 most of the time ) and I've got a friend that lives in northern everett, off of exit 195 (going north on 5).

everyone, what are your thoughts on a centralized place? is seattle good for you? kent? tacoma? olympia? issaquah? centrailia? everett/marysville? I know I can find at least 1 place for minimum 10 cars to meet up and get to know each other. a few of those place also have decent roads for fun runs so come on, voice up!

no pressure.....

Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
meet!

Anyone catch the Spoon Fit at Fastlane on South Tacoma Way. It was selling for $30,000!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
no... crap i was by there today getting the fit back from the shop too... dealer and GPS say that my fit's speedo is near 100% accurate!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scorpmatt
Hey nyancey, what part of everett do you hail from? My gf lives in that area... off of 204th by the hewitt ave. tressel (it's a commute and a half if I go 5 most of the time ) and I've got a friend that lives in northern everett, off of exit 195 (going north on 5).

everyone, what are your thoughts on a centralized place? is seattle good for you? kent? tacoma? olympia? issaquah? centrailia? everett/marysville? I know I can find at least 1 place for minimum 10 cars to meet up and get to know each other. a few of those place also have decent roads for fun runs so come on, voice up!

no pressure.....
I am just on the other side of the tressle near Lake Stevens. Technically it is in Everett, but I am closer to Lake Stevens than I am to Everett. I see Fits pretty regularly on I-5 and 526. I have a VBP Sport with a FitFreak.net decal on the back if you ever see one up in that area.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm in Mountlake Terrace. I'll be getting married in a little less than a month so would be open to a meet some time in the fall.

On another forum I saw a little map where people could imput their location (or relative location). It gave a good idea of where people were clustered.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nyancey
I am just on the other side of the tressle near Lake Stevens. Technically it is in Everett, but I am closer to Lake Stevens than I am to Everett. I see Fits pretty regularly on I-5 and 526. I have a VBP Sport with a FitFreak.net decal on the back if you ever see one up in that area.

Nice, I think I've seen your car up there before... but who knows.

Gil554, I'm pretty sure that this will become a fall meet by the way things are panning out. The map you are talking about I've seen before but it's name escapes me.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm still here.. just been doing other stuff outside and etc..

Quick Reply: oh my God...