Any Local Fits Up for a Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Any Local Fits Up for a Meet?

Vallejo/Fairfield/Vacaville/Dixon/Davis/Sacramento Fits are invited to the forum. My name is Alan and I'm new Fit owner, 750 miles new to be exact. I'd like to meet with local Fit owners from the mentioned cities. If you are interested, hit me up on this thread or PM me. Let me know, because I'd like to be able to network and meet up with the Fit locals as far as performance parts what works and doesn't works, suspension set ups, body kit upgrades, etc. Looking forward to hearing from you folks!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
I would be interested in a meet be nice to meet some local fits.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 1LegitFit
Vallejo/Fairfield/Vacaville/Dixon/Davis/Sacramento Fits are invited to the forum. My name is Alan and I'm new Fit owner, 750 miles new to be exact. I'd like to meet with local Fit owners from the mentioned cities. If you are interested, hit me up on this thread or PM me. Let me know, because I'd like to be able to network and meet up with the Fit locals as far as performance parts what works and doesn't works, suspension set ups, body kit upgrades, etc. Looking forward to hearing from you folks!
Welcome to the forums! Don't forget about the Bay Area sub-forum---We are planning a meet in the San Jose area for January specifically to compare and evaluate after-market suspension. So far, we have about 13 Fitfreaks who are willing, and a park to use for assembling the people, photos and food, and a loop of freeway and mountain roads for test rides of the modified and stock vehicles. If you are up for a 2-3-hour drive to get here, you are welcome.

More power to you in organizing a meet for Sacramento area Fits. So far, that has not worked out in your area, but there are more Fits there now than there were for the last attempt last June.

Last edited by manxman; 12-24-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the offer Manxman! I've done a bayarea meet before but with BMW 5 series and that drive down just for a couple/few hours of meet kinda sucks. That's why I wanted to start one in Sac, one hour away versus 2-3 hours. Plus I work in Sac which works out better. I already have Bap who replied back. I'll see how it turns out, especially more and more people in the locals here are driving Fits. I may join you guys down the road, once I have all my upgrades in order! Happy holidays to everyone and happy new year! Alan.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Banned
By comparison, our last few meets have been all day affairs, and usually involve a feast. I'm not sure what the January meet will bring, or if it will happen- no one has been active in picking a date yet. I will wait until after the holidays to try to kick this back into gear. The purpose of this meet may help you decide, from actual experience with other springs, what kind of upgrades you want to buy.

My Paintball team used to play against the Fairfield FD and PD at a park in the area, just outside of town. From Boulder Creek, it was about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Come down the the BA meets man, its beyond worth it. Awesome people, great food, awesome drives at cool locations. Its definetly worth the drive from fairfeild.

Tyler

Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Manxman, then you know that kind of drive, add it up as round trip, it's more than enough to do it once a month. I commute to Sac 5 days a week with 100 miles round trip each day. I assure you gas it's not my concern but the time spent just on commute alone. I'm in the Air Force here at Travis and we have a local paint ball games on base every weekend. Let me know if you're ever on base to play.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Come down the the BA meets man, its beyond worth it. Awesome people, great food, awesome drives at cool locations. Its definetly worth the drive from fairfeild.

Tyler
We'll see. Like a I said to Manxman, I've done many bay area meets and man that's a lot of drive.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Banned
The Bay Area Suspension Fit meet is now scheduled for 1/26, with 2/2 as back up in case of bad weather. We will test drive & measure customized suspensions vs. stock Fits over a loop of freeway and mountain roads, with a HUGE BBQ picnic in an open walled roofed pavilion at Vasona Lake Park in Los Gatos. All SJ Valley Fits are welcome. Please post on the Bay Area sub forum "Pick A Date-------" thread if you can come.

Thanks--
Dave

Old 01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
anyone in sac area interested in a meet?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Bap,
Where are you in Sac? I work near Northgate. I'm trying to get a few more folks to meet up. Do you have any Fit friends in the area?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
I am up in Rocklin and no I do not know any one with fits around here.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
What color is your Fit? Mine is silver. I don't come down to Rocklin that often and when I do I'm usually at the Galleria. Hope to see you around then.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
mine is SSM I live about 5 minites from the galleria.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bap
anyone in sac area interested in a meet?
I'm from Sac

I got my Fit two months ago. Any one else interested in a Fit meet?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
I don't know I have been asking that same question for some time now!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
BAP & Ms GD3, let me know what weekend is good for you guys. We could shoot for coming weekend?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
This coming weekend is good for me as long as we do it in the morning I work the late shifts.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
I doing something saturday but sunday I am down.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
Morning is great for me

Quick Reply: Any Local Fits Up for a Meet?