Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Anyone figure out what to put behind the plate yet, so it doesn't scratch the bumper?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought a front license plate relocator so I can mount my front plate,when i get it, on closer to the driver side of the grill to give it that JDMish look. It was like 18-20 bucks shipped

Old 11-22-2006, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
The first thing I did was pull off the ugly plate holder....and find the stupid hole! I drove my Saturn SL2 for over 14 years without a plate and never had problem here in South County.....at least 30% of local cars around here don't have front plates......Nothing I can do about that hole though!!!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitn in
The first thing I did was pull off the ugly plate holder....and find the stupid hole! I drove my Saturn SL2 for over 14 years without a plate and never had problem here in South County.....at least 30% of local cars around here don't have front plates......Nothing I can do about that hole though!!!!!
you can talk to JDMChris or ezikielwhore about how they took care of the holes in their bumpers. I think that the filled it in with some piece of plastic that was painted to match their cars. i actully called the the dealer to make sure that they didn't drill a hole in the front of the bumper.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 AM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Got pulled over for taking off the front plates on my Civic. Told officer that I was trying to get better air flow to my engine. Got away without a ticket, but later put it back on.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pokems23
Got pulled over for taking off the front plates on my Civic. Told officer that I was trying to get better air flow to my engine. Got away without a ticket, but later put it back on.
nice! haha

Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
I just bought a front license plate relocator so I can mount my front plate,when i get it, on closer to the driver side of the grill to give it that JDMish look. It was like 18-20 bucks shipped
Where did you get it?

Old 12-03-2006, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Devil Doc
Where did you get it?
could have been easily made, but being the lazy person that I am, I just bought a universal one one off ebay. I'm driving around with no front licence plate at the moment, not sure which looks better yet.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks For The Info...

Old 12-04-2006, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Devil Doc
Thanks For The Info...
NO PROBLEM BRO.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
well....i absolutely love my VBP fit BUT it is a cop magnet due to it's flashy color. I recieved 2 tickets w/in 2 weeks (i got one yesterday 12/6) for not having the front plate on. i told the 2nd officer that i got a ticket a week ago for the same thing n she's like "how come u didn't put it on yet" and im like "cuz i don't have the bracket when i bought the car they had 2 get it shipped from japan b/c the car is new" she was like "not my problem" what a trip....newayz i am currently looking for a jdm style bracket (i dont wanna make it like i did for my eg) so i might get the one from password:jdm cuz that one looks sexy!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Can You Please Provide A Link? I Can't Seem To Find It On Their Site. Thanks

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 12-07-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Waiting for plates on the front...no way to use screws - the screw would penetrate the bumper - No room for a bolt with nuts on the back. Anchoring at the bottom is an option - but it might flap around at the top.... Any thoughts?

Have you seen any chrome Fit license plate frames. I like the mugen carbon fiber from EBAY, but how many people know who mugen is?

Old 12-31-2006, 02:37 PM
when i bought my fit it came with a license plate holder that bolts onto the lower portion of the bumper here is a pix of it

its a honda product so you can probably get it at any honda dealership

and here is where it bolted to

so no holes in my bumper but right now im driving with no plate in the front and so far no cops pulling me over yet

Old 12-31-2006, 02:41 PM
oh noticed theres a hole on the top part of the plate holder i guess some dealerships uses it and some dont

Last edited by Elem3nt; 12-31-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check with the dealer to see if they have a different mounting frame. Your frame is different than what I have. We too have a black sport - stick. Tinted windows - with a 6" band in front. Silver pin striping above door handles (Friday job). Now, if I could find a chrome Fit license frame... My wife is the primary driver...her only complaint was no arm rest....I'll take care of this later.

Happy driving
RTK

Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
I finally fixed the front license plate problem. After geting 2 tickets i decided 2 just put the plate back on...but this time its going on in style!!

BAM!!

http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...D=all

check out my pix:

I bet people are gonna ask "so where do u mount the holes?" easy answer boyz n girlz...under the grill opening! i just took the bumper off n took the bracket and made 2 marks and drilled em and bolted it tyte (w/ threadlock of course) and im tellin u it's STRONG!

Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 AM
i was pissed as well when i went to take the license plate frame off, big ole hole right dead center. it looks like they did that to all the california one's so that we would HAVE put the license plates on it. I'm going to take my car to my body guy and have him fill the hole and make it smooth again. Might put the back plate on, but i dont want to put the front one on.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
unfortunately in california u need both plates. that is why i put the front one back on in style so it doesn't look bad. i actually like it!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kb8thekid
i was pissed as well when i went to take the license plate frame off, big ole hole right dead center. it looks like they did that to all the california one's so that we would HAVE put the license plates on it. I'm going to take my car to my body guy and have him fill the hole and make it smooth again. Might put the back plate on, but i dont want to put the front one on.
I actully requested for them not to drill the hole in the bumper. thanks to people on this site complaining about it, I called them a week before I was to be pick up my car and asked them to make sure that the thet didn't make any visible hole in the bumper. They gave me a bracket similar to the one that Elem3nt has pictures above^^ and i'd be willing to sell it if anyone's interested. PM me if interested.

anywhoo, I've been driving around with no front plate since I got the car in August but I think I might pick up the PasswordJDM one that Kevin has.

A kevin, did you notice if the light from you'r is blocked at all from the installation of the plate?.
and, Off topic but, kevin are you rollin' with the caravan to Eibach on the Feb. 10th? I wanna check out the plate relocator.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 01-24-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate