Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

how to get rid of the scratches on your car?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:42 PM
how to get rid of the scratches on your car?

damn..my jazz vtec is only 3 weeks old, and i already found 3-4 scratches and swirls on the bonnet, looks like few lines as don't know what caused it..maybe it's scratched by the god damn branches that falls from the tree..or those idiots that washed my car..but can hand wash scratch your car??anyways..do any of you have any idea on how to get rid of those scratches found on your car??i tried to polish up using wax..it still doesn't help..any suggestions???

Old 08-05-2006, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
i tried some swirl/scratch remover by Turtle wax, it worked ok i guess, but i have these damn scratches too in weird areas. It works better then nothing though

Old 08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
hmm i too have those scratches on my two month old fit and the paint looks horrible. i have people telling me its because i bought black. I like the black. other black cars do not look like this. - we have tried everthing and the swirls and scratches come back.

i am glad to see your car is red. i think we may have a paint problem? i am going to complain to my dealer, will probably go nowhere but i am really upset about this. what is the car going to look like in a year?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
um..well..my is not red, i bought the silver but even with silver u an see these god damn scratches man><..man my car is only 3 weeks old can u belive it?!?! at least your car is 2 month old...damn..does ur car have scratches within the 1st month??every time i lookes at my car and i see those scratches on the bonnet it make me feel so sad u know...><

Old 08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Nanowax by eagleone.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by tony2006
um..well..my is not red, i bought the silver but even with silver u an see these god damn scratches man><..man my car is only 3 weeks old can u belive it?!?! at least your car is 2 month old...damn..does ur car have scratches within the 1st month??every time i lookes at my car and i see those scratches on the bonnet it make me feel so sad u know...><
yeah, i know how you feel, i had them right away. everyone please take a look at the spot under the door handle.

you will see tiny scratches right there. i called my dealer on that right away and get this: he said: oh, thats cause you have nails....
duh. i am human. i dont even have long nails! its under all four door handles. tiny scratches. anyway he told me to call service - blah blah blah. then the rest of the car started to follow suit.

the hood has a few nice scratches from a bag someone laid there. hello? a bag? the "trunk" right under the H. there is a nice scratch - i didnt notice it until right after it was hand washed. thought they might have used a rough rag. but um, the bmw next to me looked fine!

there are a some dings - weird thing is one of the dings is outward. that is on the rear. no scratches in the dings.

and the swirls the darn swirls, has no one told honda how to wax a car? i wish i could get a decent photo but the sun gets in the way. i will try again.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
how do i get rid of these god damn stone chips on my car?

man, im sick and tired of gettting these bloody stone chips on the road..these god dame small stones keep on scratching my front bumper..i mean i can tolerate those minute stone scratches at least its not that visible..but damn..when i look at my front bumper this morning i saw a 2mm stone chip on the bumper and it looks like it has cut into the paint!! ...is there any way that i can remove those ugly stone chips???will meguiar's scrachX help to remove them??

Old 09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Meguairs Scratch X is a bullsh!t product... it couldn't even remove an ultra thin hairline scratch on my car. In fact, 90% of products fail to deliver on their promise. Best thing to do is call a body shop

Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by Unicron
Meguairs Scratch X is a bullsh!t product... it couldn't even remove an ultra thin hairline scratch on my car. In fact, 90% of products fail to deliver on their promise. Best thing to do is call a body shop

sometimes it really also depends on the user being able to apply it correctly. At times, a scratch might be too deep for any over the counter product to work at all. Usually those are scratches that are below the clear coat, in which case you need to take it to a body shop or work with some touch up paint.

But as far as chips, if they are past the clear coat...down to the metal, you need to use touch up paint, and buff it out. Best thing to do if you do a lot of freeway driving is to invest in a clear bra.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Best thing is to not tailgait, when your on someones ass the rocks kickup and slam into your bumper. When you back 50+ ft the rocks will bounce on the ground and slow down.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Scratch in the paint

Thought my car was safe in my carpooler's driveway, but returned at the end of the day to a 6" long scratch in the paint, rear bumper (Storm Silver Sport). I have touchup paint, but this is a narrow, deep scratch that I couldn't polish out -- tried something specifically to remove scratches as well as Meguire's wax -- and even a narrow brush stroke will be too wide to fill it in neatly. This looks like someone deliberately keyed it. Any suggestions on a good cosmetic repair?

Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
im really sorry to tell you man, but the descriptions you give...(paintshop time)
dont worry...its worse parking your car in the "best" parking of the Mall and when you got back, your rear of the Fit looks like an old bulldog..
thank God I have it all new now. bumper had a deep scratch that even peeled some plastic off of it, but the bodyshop masked it or something..you cant really tell the difference. New again.
Hope this is a relief for you. Good luck.

Last edited by fits_all; 03-02-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
My new Honda Fit Sport not even one week old has the swirls on it from the dealer who told me we don't have a machine wash your car we have a team of hand washers. Well these hand washers scratched the car pretty damn good. And I took it in and was given a rental for the next couple of days. I was pissed but the dealer seems to want to get things right. I'm also glad the day after I got the car I had to return for I forgot my Check book. If I would have waited a couple of weeks I bet the dealer would have said its not are problem??????? I look forward to getting my FIT back the loaner is a 4door Honda Accord nice but I'm a Fit type guy.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Removing swirl marks and micro marring.

damn..my jazz vtec is only 3 weeks old, and i already found 3-4 scratches and swirls on the bonnet, looks like few lines as don't know what caused it..maybe it's scratched by the god damn branches that falls from the tree..or those idiots that washed my car..but can hand wash scratch your car??anyways..do any of you have any idea on how to get rid of those scratches found on your car??i tried to polish up using wax..it still doesn't help..any suggestions???
There is an article from Team Integra about removing swirl marks and micro marring. It has two methods of fixing the problem, product suggestions, and a quick how-to for buffing out these problem areas.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
1 word....Eagle1

Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
This is my problem also and I'm into my thrid week with my NEW car, my dealer wants me to come back next week for another buffing. Which I will but I believe American Honda knows about this problem?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Unhappy Roof scratches

I'm so bummed, I noticed scratches on my roof yesterday. There are a whole lot of little scratches that make almost a full circle, like something round with an abrasive bottom was on the roof and then slid a quarter inch. I don't recall putting anything there... What's the best way to remove them? WIll claying and then waxing just that area help?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LizardKing
I'm so bummed, I noticed scratches on my roof yesterday. There are a whole lot of little scratches that make almost a full circle, like something round with an abrasive bottom was on the roof and then slid a quarter inch. I don't recall putting anything there... What's the best way to remove them? WIll claying and then waxing just that area help?
eagle1 nano wax?

Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I haven't noticed any swirling on my car....but scratches, yes! But that's because I have 5 cats, and a few of them like to get on my FIT (damb them) and they slip and slide getting up and down my car. Any recommendations on getting them to stay off my BOM (and don't say shot them, they are my babies)?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
i tried to polish up using wax..it still doesn't help..any suggestions???
You won't remove the swirl marks using wax. You need to use a polish, and typically by machine - not hand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to get rid of the scratches on your car?