Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

L15A running TD05H 14b + Water/Meth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
I was hoping you would get your power turned on and let us in on your tuning escapades..I have been walking and playing with the dog as I can during the heat of the day... I think It is making my brain and body function better. I'm hoping to get back up to speed on wrenching as I can, did a little bit today inside the car with a huge fan cranking full tilt through the open rear hatch.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Yea man moving around will help your joints and everything a ton. The best thing I ever did was buy a larger yoga ball to use to stretch at the end of the day as well as a chin up bar and a large dowel rod 6' x 1.5".

Sounds like the new dog is keepin ya busy!

I sort of took in a feral cat that kills rodents in exchange for food and attention. It now climbs all over my cars and hangs out with me while I am working. It also follows us in the house.

The last few days were pretty interesting. We had 80mph sustained winds come through my neighborhood and snapped 12" diameter trees in half:

I need to put a much larger tank on my generator though. Hardwired it into it's own breaker panel in the basement!

Because I have a water powered back-up sump pump I was able to use the generator to run two fridges, a tv, dvd player and some lights so even 4 days without power went by with a relative sense of normalcy..

Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Who around here has a decent camcorder with good sound pickup that wants to go for a ride in the next couple weeks?

Lyon? SB? Goobers? any takers?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, what are the odds of that. I've had a stray cat bugging me for the last few weeks. He even hopped in my hatch when the engine was out!

I was SOOOOO close to bolting in the turbo tonight. Really bored and nothing to do, even started playing with mounting the intercooler behind the upper grille for ultimate sleeper, but then called it off at last moment. I'm taking girlfriend's family up to six flags this weekend and with my luck I'll blow it up before then, even at the 6psi I was going to run. I even took the t28 out of the box and admired how much larger it is for a while.

It would be cool to help videotape for you but I lack a good camera and my 'active' free time hours are from 12am - 5am. It's fun riding around in the middle of the night in downtown chicago and up sheridan road through the north burbs. There's nobody on the road. I don't know how people drive during the day around here (but I'm glad they do).

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 06-27-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
In the 80s I delivered an USA Today route in Downtown Dallas when they first started up.. It was wild being the only person on the street in the wee hours and going into the empty board rooms of huge banks and corporations when they were completely empty... The last box I delivered was at Elm and Houston on the opposite corner from the Texas School Book Depository. It was sad to me that prior to Reagan being elected there was no such thing as homeless people on the streets but by 1986 they were sleeping on sidewalks from one end of the downtown area to the other.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Who around here has a decent camcorder with good sound pickup that wants to go for a ride in the next couple weeks?

Lyon? SB? Goobers? any takers?
I have one but it needs a CD. I have to see if I have a blank one. Would have to be a weekend. I work to much.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Dude, what are the odds of that. I've had a stray cat bugging me for the last few weeks. He even hopped in my hatch when the engine was out!

I was SOOOOO close to bolting in the turbo tonight. Really bored and nothing to do, even started playing with mounting the intercooler behind the upper grille for ultimate sleeper, but then called it off at last moment. I'm taking girlfriend's family up to six flags this weekend and with my luck I'll blow it up before then, even at the 6psi I was going to run. I even took the t28 out of the box and admired how much larger it is for a while.

It would be cool to help videotape for you but I lack a good camera and my 'active' free time hours are from 12am - 5am. It's fun riding around in the middle of the night in downtown chicago and up sheridan road through the north burbs. There's nobody on the road. I don't know how people drive during the day around here (but I'm glad they do).
Weird! It's kind of funny because it just sits there with this kind of curious/condescending look on its face like "what are you doing?" It did scratch the paint on my drivers A-pillar the other day when it slid down to get off.

I only really drive the car at night, so let me know when's good. Plus I wanna take a ride in the T28 powered pirate ship!

It sounds like you cruise through my area occasionally. I like taking the Fit through the twisty ravine bits of sheridan just north of tower, but that is a bit of a hike from my house if I have no reason to be there.

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I have one but it needs a CD. I have to see if I have a blank one. Would have to be a weekend. I work to much.
Weekends are cool and I have a ton of CD-R discs, let me know what works!

I am still sorting out a oil return line leak anyways so it may be a little while. I already made a few shakedown passes at 8psi on the new hardware but it started to piss oil all over my new SS downpipe

Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Hello
noob question
but what is the future potential of the GE engine for
tuning=more power? is the engine LIMITED? is engine/tranny good enough
or only an engine swap is the way to go if you want more than 200Hp for the GE?
thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 AM
There are several GEs making more than 200whp with the L15A some stock some built.. At least two that I know of are making about 250whp. Both have internal mods, but that is not to say you need them, as they went that route from the beginning.

Both of those are doing so under far from ideal conditions. Meaning hot humid environments, crappy/inconsistent fuel, restrictive exhausts, small intercoolers, small turbines with internal wastegates that creep and create turbulence, etc.

There is no defined failure point for either engine. There is no such thing as a boost limit either.

5 psi on one turbo/supercharger is not the same as 5 psi on another. I personally would not swap engines unless I was going with a straight line drag car and was looking for a reliable 500whp (with a ton of extra torque) or more.

The parts exist to make a 500whp L15 as well, but that is prohibitively expensive for most, and I would just swap at that point and make that 500whp on a stock K-series.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Lyon, Goobers, SB...

Are any of you around this week/weekend for some tuning pulls?

Even better I would like to see what Lyon's T28 GE would do on 10psi vs. the Laser on 10psi with the S259... so maybe we can get a couple Chicago FF members together?

My GD is going under the knife after I finish getting the DSM's fuel system sorted and install yet another intercooler/charge pipes and the new meth system. So I am hoping that by fall the Fit will finally be boosted too.

Turns out that after selling my big injectors, buying a MAF sensor from an Evo 8 and re-doing my charge piping.. my big fuel pumps had failed. The windings were shot on the Bosch and the donated Walbro pump ingested debris from the old tank.

So while I am waiting on the new stuff in the mail I have been tooling around on the 450cc injectors, stock pump (re-wired) and the Evo MAF.

Any one interested?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
I'm interested.... Are you going to do anything about the monster truck stance? You need moar looow....

Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
LOL

I have a disgusting amount of parts locked up in storage waiting to go on the Fit. Once the new fuel pumps show up for the DSM and are installed, I will be putting the GD under the knife.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Lyon, Goobers, SB...

Are any of you around this week/weekend for some tuning pulls?

Even better I would like to see what Lyon's T28 GE would do on 10psi vs. the Laser on 10psi with the S259... so maybe we can get a couple Chicago FF members together?

My GD is going under the knife after I finish getting the DSM's fuel system sorted and install yet another intercooler/charge pipes and the new meth system. So I am hoping that by fall the Fit will finally be boosted too.

Turns out that after selling my big injectors, buying a MAF sensor from an Evo 8 and re-doing my charge piping.. my big fuel pumps had failed. The windings were shot on the Bosch and the donated Walbro pump ingested debris from the old tank.

So while I am waiting on the new stuff in the mail I have been tooling around on the 450cc injectors, stock pump (re-wired) and the Evo MAF.

Any one interested?
I am interested, where Union Grove or do you have a secret lot that is big enough for some pulls? I do not know if I have to work on Saturday but if I do I am usually done at 2 o'clock and can be to the grove by 3-330.

I am on vacation in two weeks and going nowhere so I am available then too. Got my sons car to the tuners and it was the map sensor. I feel kinda stupid but it was a new motor and a mechanic built it so you would think that would not be a issue. Tuner said motor is OK.

Here is some info I found about VE and map sensors. Its a Honda motor so I like that. https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/...PDF?sequence=1

O2 and emissions Honda motor https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/...PDF?sequence=1

Old 07-08-2011, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
Great articles!
Thank you a lot.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 PM
So just to revive this, I was offered a career opportunity starting next month so with any luck I will be able to get some serious progress on the compound setup.

Also jazzista I will have pictures for you tonight, been kinda hectic the past few days! So I apologize for the delay! If you have any specific shots you want let me know I have everything laid out on my desk at the moment.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Congrat on your chance!

On my side, these are days where I leave at 07:00 am and I'm back at 09:00 pm, so I'm really under pressure and had no time to read/write on FF, nor to check mails...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Heres some of the pictures jazzista more to come shortly!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Down pipe outlet:

I'll be providing you two wastegates as well, I will have the gaskets and oil lines for you as well. More pics on the way..

Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 PM

Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Are there any other shots you needed?

Quick Reply: L15A running TD05H 14b + Water/Meth?