Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Want GE8 engine mounts? Now or never...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Want GE8 engine mounts? Now or never...

Over at the CR-Z forum we are currently working with Innovative Mounts to get a set of poly mounts made for our CR-Zs and it was brought up that no options exist for the GE8. Chris at Innovative had been following the thread and had mentioned to us that it would be best to have a set of GE8 mounts sent in to them as soon as possible while he is still focused on the CR-Z project...

Does anyone have a spare set of mounts to send in to them?

Here's a link to the thread on the CR-Z forum:

Engine Mounts... - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

There are pictures of the prototypes towards the end of that thread.

Anyways, the best way to get this going is to call them up at 714-524-5246 and ask for Chris. If I remember correctly, the person who sends them in gets a free set of mounts...

Don't wait on this guys. Get something together soon...

http://www.innovativemounts.com/

Old 06-20-2014, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info Item9....

I saw the post over on CRZforums yesterday (don't get on too much lately).... and was actually wondering if they'd fit on the GE8, but I guess they wont.

Someone on here has to have some laying around... especially with the recent mods people have been posting up.

If this happens I'm in for a set....

Old 06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
I'm interested. But if Innovative won't drop $125 (yes all 3 mounts on ebay shipped) for R&D. How serious can they be about actually producing these?

Old 06-20-2014, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
If they do make them hopefully they will fit without needing modifications like the gd ones do. I spent so much time just getting the transmission mount to fit that I didn't have time to do the rear mount.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
I'm interested. But if Innovative won't drop $125 (yes all 3 mounts on ebay shipped) for R&D. How serious can they be about actually producing these?
You got a link for those?

If it's only ~$125 for all 3 (OEM?) I'll buy a set, and ship them off to Innovative myself....

I don't think it's a question of how serious they are, but how serious GE8 owners are. The CR-Z guys are about to get theirs, and they are serious.

I remember that issue with fitment on the GD3's...

Old 06-20-2014, 09:30 PM
How worthwhile is it to invest in developing mounts for a car, when there is so little enthusiasm for said car that no one will even send in $125 worth of used parts to get a set of $300 mounts for free? If no one will even do THAT, then what's the point of mass producing them?

Despite what I just said, whether there is massive interest in these or hardly any interest at all, the man designing them himself said to send them in... Send them in and they will make it. Done deal. This is only because the CR-Z mounts are being designed at this time. Wait any longer and you are going to be starting from scratch.

I started this process for the CR-Z almost a year ago and only recently has it really gotten rolling...

You guys should really be bickering over who is going to be sending them in...

PROCEED WITH THE BICKERING.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Not OEM, But here you go:
Roca Engine Mount Motor Transmission Mount Honda Fit 09 13 Manual 3pcs RC EM0074 | eBay

Sorry ITEM9 I do appreciate your effort. I am a bit cynical. I deal with product development and assume corporate procedure/sale/marketing will complicate things. It is cool that the designer is sharing his work/progress with you. Maybe these guys are small enough to crank stuff out.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
I hope somebody takes up the offer. For those of you that like to actually drive your car, the stock mounts suck for it. Hell, if I knew where my old mounts were, I know in storage, but where in the container I don't, I would send them in just because. I don't need mounts being that I have Alex Motorsports mounts (just solid filled stock mounts, but are WONDERFUL), but just to help the community some.

Though on that note, I am not sure if the North American and Japanese Fit share the exact part numbers for all 3 mounts. Somebody jump on this opportunity.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Not OEM, But here you go:
Roca Engine Mount Motor Transmission Mount Honda Fit 09 13 Manual 3pcs RC EM0074 | eBay

Sorry ITEM9 I do appreciate your effort. I am a bit cynical. I deal with product development and assume corporate procedure/sale/marketing will complicate things. It is cool that the designer is sharing his work/progress with you. Maybe these guys are small enough to crank stuff out.
Yeah man, I totally get it. I can be a bit cynical myself... I had lost faith for a bit on the CR-Z mounts, because not much progress was being made until recently. It took some other members from the CR-Z forum to keep it going...

Also, while those eBay mounts will probably work "ok", I'd still be wary of making a "copy of a copy", so to speak. Always better to measure off of the real thing. We don't want the GD3 situation again... But something is better than nothing...

Old 06-21-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have stock mounts available but I am willing to pitch in at least part of the cost to get this rolling. If it means getting a discount on the final product that is.

The stock mounts are incredibly weak. I was going to take mine out and fill them but this is a better option. Anyone else willing to pitch in?

Old 06-24-2014, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
there really is nothing to get to start rolling until you find a shop that will stock a handful of cores to provide this service. No one here is going to have their car sit for a week+ with their motor mounts pulled from their car. You need someone who can ship out and refund you a core charge when you send back your old mounts.

I have a friend that has done this for about 200 cars for another unloved aftermarket platform. I'll hit him up if he'd be interested.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
progress being made. going to put in a call to Chris soon.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07fit916
progress being made. going to put in a call to Chris soon.
Thanks for picking this up.

Seeing there's not much interest on here, I was just going to buy new OEM mounts myself and just send them to Innovative.

Definitely interested in a set.

It's funny, cause not sure how many remember the vid JDM DOHC SiR posted up when the GE8 was just hitting our shores, he was still in Japan at the time and noted how much this little engine moves around... I'd figure there would be more of an interest...

Old 07-10-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
They only need the engine and transmission mounts. The rear torque arm is the same as the CRZ.

Before you go buying new parts 07Fit916 was trying to buy some used ones.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
I was going to, but some unexpected home repairs set me back.

True about the rear mount... Aren't the MT/AT different though?

I've read on here that some have only done the one rear mount, and left the sides as is... when I mentioned that on the CRZ forums, it seems one person said that's not recommended b/c it will wear the others?
Any one know?

Old 07-10-2014, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
6mt crz=5mt ge rear torque mount. Same part numbers
but ge 5at and 5mt are different.

Can't speak on only running the 1 though

Old 07-10-2014, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I was going to, but some unexpected home repairs set me back.

True about the rear mount... Aren't the MT/AT different though?

I've read on here that some have only done the one rear mount, and left the sides as is... when I mentioned that on the CRZ forums, it seems one person said that's not recommended b/c it will wear the others?
Any one know?
Like I mentioned to 07Fit916, I am willing to split the costs of the two mounts. We can probably work something out with Innovative to provide a proportional discount on the sets of motor mounts.

CRZ 6MT and FIT 5MT rear torque mounts are the same part number. I think AT is different but I have not confirmed.

Considering how weak all the mounts are, I wouldn't run just one. You can get away with it on cars with stiff factory mounts.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I PM'ed you guys the latest.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
@07fit916 I just now saw this thread. I've been super busy with school, so I haven't gotten a chance to get on here in a while.

Is there any update on this? I have 2 brand new mounts that i'm willing to send in if needed. Please let me know as I was planning on filling these factory mounts!!

Old 07-11-2014, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
still working on sourcing the stock mounts. trying to get them from the folks who did that k20 GE a little while ago.

Quick Reply: Want GE8 engine mounts? Now or never...