Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

The Official Reputation System Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
The Official Reputation System Guide

The reputation system is a simple way to show other members that you have helped others in the past and/or if you are a good poster or not. You can rep someone for almost anything you want to ie a nice picture, good sale, good info, helping you out. Whatever you feel that person deserved reputation for. You can also give negative reputation if someone says something you feel is wrong or whatever you feel like that was negative. The rep system is very easy to use and here is the step by step guide to +rep or -rep.
-First off to rep you click on the icon next to the permalink number of the post for that member that you want to rep 9(top right of post). When the next screen pops up you can either approve (+rep) or disapprove (-rep) that post and then put a short comment why. After you have given a rep to someone you cannot rep the same person till you rep 20 other people so you cant go rep crazy on one person.
-To check your reputation you can click on your user cp button and under your subscribed threads is your rep area. In that area there will be a number that says your reputation. This is your invisible reputation. It will also show you the last ten people who have repped you. If there is a green tic-tac next to the post that means they +repped you for that post. If there is a red tic-tac next to the post then you were -repped for that post. If it has a gray box next to the post then that member has no rep to give or take which i will cover later. Your post count will go up or down whatever visible reputation number the person who repped you has at that time ie: i now have a 5 visible reputation score so if i repped someone there invisible number would go up or down 5 points.
-The visible reputation. Every member has a tic-tac under there location on each post weather it be green , grey , or red . Green means that they have positive invisible reputation. Grey means they have no reputation and red means that they have negative reputation. The number next to the green tic-tac is how many positive reps that member has. In order to get a positive visible reputation score you need to have one of the following things.
-10 invisible reputation points= 1 visible rep.
-After the initial 10 invisible you need to get to 50 invisible for each next point ie 50,100,150........
-The system also allows you 1 visible point for every year you are a member of FitFreak.
-Last but not least every 1,000 posts on the forum you also receive 1 visible rep point.
-For members like myself with 3 green tic-tacs that means that they have over 200 invisible reps giving them the third tic-tac. You are given one by default but each tic tac past that is 100 invisible reps making it 200+ for me thus far.

Since now everyone has a good understanding of how the system works and how to rep here are some of the rules of repping.
-You can only rep 10 people a day before you are maxed out for the day.
-You have to rep 20 different people before repping the same person twice.

With all this said you cannot affect anyones reputation unless you have a invisible rep count of ten or higher. You can still rep but it will not affect the user in any way.
Also you need to have atleast 50 posts for reputation to be visible for you. In other words if you have 10+ invisible reputation but only 35 posts they will not show up until you reach your 50th post.

That is the reputation system in a nut shell. As the info changes, added info, or questions please feel free to post up. Otherwise i am always available for PM's to help if this is to confusing. I hope that i helped in making the reputation system easier to understand and usable for all the members but remember not to abuse the system otherwise it is very easy for Admin to turn off. If you enjoyed this then feel free to rep+ or rep- me for this write up. Below is a picture that i borrowed from osborne that shows what you what your latest reputation received screen looks like in your user cp

Hope this new edit helps out members more then before. Thanks for your time and have a great day. haha

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 07-31-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: updating pics and info.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thanks jd! Nice write-up.

**jdjohnson9 for Fitfreak.net Moderator**

Old 04-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Big thanks to Josh for this excellent write up. Im going to be refering many people with questions to this thread.

Tyler

Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
hahaha i bet you are going to get alot of positive reps for this post, or was that your plan all along? hahaha brilliant!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
btw, i would have positively repped you but its too soon since the last time i repped you and it wont let me.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the comments. I like the jdjohnson for moderator one. haha. I guess we will have to see about that one. It wasnt my plan to get a ton of reps out of this but i did want to see the rep system go mainstream and people using it besides the few that were hanging around the first rep thread. Hopefully this stirs the pot a bit and get some new people in the mix

Old 04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
man...this has enlightened a whole new era of rep points.

haha i get a bunch of reps, and i dont even know why. i just found out how like 2 weeks ago...so i understand it now.

good write up.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 PM
lol
excellent write up!!

+rep FTW

lol

Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I can see that there are many members who have read this. Please by all means post up and let me know if you liked it or if you have any questions about the system

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
so wait, whats a rep point?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Nice thread!
I will try and refer people to this when the occasion presents itself.

(edit) whoops...just kidding, guess I can't rep you yet....heehee

Last edited by Snap Fit; 04-22-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: pure embarrassment
Old 04-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by billmus86
so wait, whats a rep point?
Rep point is the same as rep power i just use point cause power just sounds silly when your trying to describe the system. haha. Sorry for the confusion. haha

Old 04-22-2008, 01:05 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Rep point is the same as rep power i just use point cause power just sounds silly when your trying to describe the system. haha. Sorry for the confusion. haha
lmao
dude i was completely kidding lol

Old 04-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by billmus86
lmao
dude i was completely kidding lol
I kinda figured that but i thought about it for a sec and then looked and i never used the word power once so i could see to some that it could be confusing. Especially to the completely new members which this was aimed at. haha. Im tempted to edit it and change it but i think they will get the idea none the less. haha

Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Nice job dude! well put.

now your thread is complete:
Good info
Pleased the Mods
got STICKIED
...and now cavie187 has posted on it.

it's epic!

EDIT: You may want to add info on earning additional tic-tacs past 2.

Last edited by cavie187; 04-22-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by cavie187
Nice job dude! well put.

now your thread is complete:
Good info
Pleased the Mods
got STICKIED
...and now cavie187 has posted on it.

it's epic!

EDIT: You may want to add info on earning additional tic-tacs past 2.
Haha. Nice. I went through your PM you sent me and i am in the middle of updaing it now. Thanks for the help bro.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Haha. Nice. I went through your PM you sent me and i am in the middle of updaing it now. Thanks for the help bro.
Not a problem man, It was a great writeup to start, all i did is run spell check. lol

Old 04-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by cavie187
Not a problem man, It was a great writeup to start, all i did is run spell check. lol
Im getting off work in a few minutes so the editing is gonna have to wait till later today but i will have to get the tic-tacs saved somehow to it, the spelling/punctuation, and maybe a pic or two of the rep screens. Then it should be perfect

Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Excellent resource for information.

Just think kids, someday if you're nice and polite, you might be big and strong and have big rep too!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Original post updated with more info and pictures to help understand everything a bit easier

Quick Reply: The Official Reputation System Guide