Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

LED domelight on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member
Arrow LED domelight on ebay

does anyone know if this will fit the North American Fit?

eBay Motors: 12 LED DOME LIGHT HONDA ACCORD CRX CIVC CRV DEL SOL FIT (item 160065955348 end time Dec-28-06 22:44:30 PST)

I got the specs of the dummie bulbs and they are:

1. t10 wedge
2. ba95
3. t10 x 28mm
4. t10 x 31mm
5. t10 x 38mm

... these are acording to the seller.

I know that the dome light size for are cars are DE3175 but is one of these dummie bulbs it's size? are they just called a diffrent bulb size?

I was also interested in getting one for the hatch (168 bulb size). same question for the hatch light.

thanks in advance,
Jamesge

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 12-28-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
sorry, can someone please move this thread to the Fit lighting forum.

thanks and sorry again.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:55 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
4. t10 x 31mm
That should work.
I was also interested in getting one for the hatch (168 bulb size). same question for the hatch light.
The assembly in the auction looks to be 2.4" long, so it probably wouldn't fit in the hatch light.

Unusually for eBay LEDs, this design appears not to suck and not to be terribly overpriced.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kps
That should work.

The assembly in the auction looks to be 2.4" long, so it probably wouldn't fit in the hatch light.

Unusually for eBay LEDs, this design appears not to suck and not to be terribly overpriced.
thanks man. i'm gonna order one right now. i'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Master FitFreaker
yea let us know how it will work compare to the JDM one

Old 12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
yea let us know how it will work compare to the JDM one
will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
thats almost exactly what I got in my car , i paid alittle more than that and it came in blue..

Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
and while i'm at it, has anyone heared of this manufacturer? bought these bulbs? good/bad brand? (would get HID's but I won't be able to afford them for awhile)

thanks in advance,
James

Old 01-01-2007, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
ok finaly had a chance to install this thing and I have good news and bad news.

Good
: Set comes with dummie bulbs for Dome light and Rear hatch light and fit fine.

Bad
: Actual LED set is too thick (padded backing) and long to fit in to both the dome light and the hatch light.

BUT : I found a solution that required a little modification. I removed the padded backing and cut the LED circut board in half. I used 6 lights for the dome light and 6 for the hatch light. I had my brother rewire them (he's an electronics genius). Each of the 6 LED boards now have one 101 ohm resister and two circuts with 3 LEDs each. To make the LED Borad fit even better in the dome light, I bent the clips (that hold the original bulb in place) flat and just soldered the wires directly to them. I also soldered them for the hatch light as well. It's not dark enough outside to tell yet if it's brighter or even as bright as stock but I sure hope so.

Notes
: Didn't even need the Dummie bulbs since I soldered the wires directly negative and possitve for each light source.

I'll get back to you guys with an update of how bright when it's darker out.

-james

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 01-03-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
so are you saying that if you just take off the backing, this will fit into both the dome and hatch light? i.e. if you were to buy two, modify them both, you can just use the dummy bulbs and fit them in?

Old 01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
kps
The lights are set up in series so I just had my brother rewire them ( he's an electronics genius) and took off the 4 resistors so that no volts are held back(to hopfully make them brighter since there's only 6 lights now).
I don't follow this. 12V won't light 6 white LEDs in series. If they're in parallel they'll be very bright... briefly. Usually there would be two or three (for white; more for most colours) in series with a resistor to help decrease the variation in current with voltage (which will vary from around 11.5V to 14.4V).

Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
I think the light output is just slightly less then stock if not the same.

Originally Posted by arsonall
so are you saying that if you just take off the backing, this will fit into both the dome and hatch light? i.e. if you were to buy two, modify them both, you can just use the dummy bulbs and fit them in?
you have to take off the backing and remove at least 2 of the bulbs to make it fit (it's too long and too thick). and if you plan on using the dummie bulbs then you'll have to do further modification to the housing of the dome light cause there won't be enough space for the LED circut bored to fit.

Originally Posted by kps
I don't follow this. 12V won't light 6 white LEDs in series. If they're in parallel they'll be very bright... briefly. Usually there would be two or three (for white; more for most colours) in series with a resistor to help decrease the variation in current with voltage (which will vary from around 11.5V to 14.4V).
Sorry, you're right. I asked my brother and he said that each 6 LED board has one 101 ohm resister and two circuts with 3 LEDs each. hope this clears everything up.

^^updated^^

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 01-03-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM
kps
Sorry, you're right. I asked my brother and he said that each 6 LED board has one 101 ohm resister and two circuts with 3 LEDs each. hope this clears everything up.
That makes sense; was just checking you wouldn't toast them with a few minutes' use.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:26 PM
the best solution seems to be to cut and wire correctly for use in both locations, correct?

this one board, if cut in half and correctly wired works well for both dome light and hatch light?

would you prefer a different output at either location; i would do this if the lighting seems adequate but pretty much makes the lighting look LED, would you suggest doing this?

also, do you suggest the soldering method you used, or are there other solutions, the dummy bulbs seem to not be or real use, correct?

Last edited by arsonall; 01-03-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added question
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up It's good to go!

the best solution seems to be to cut and wire correctly for use in both locations, correct?
yessirrrrr
this one board, if cut in half and correctly wired works well for both dome light and hatch light?
yessirrrrr
would you prefer a different output at either location
nope, i'm very happy with it. I can see everything.
i would do this if the lighting seems adequate but pretty much makes the lighting look LED, would you suggest doing this?
YESSIRRRR, I would totally suggest doing this. it's a way cheaper alternative to the similar LED dome lights that some venders sell here on Fitfreak + you get an added bonus, you get a hatch light as well. haha . The only draw back is that it's not exactly a "plug and play" application. other then that, i'd suggest this LED dome light to eveyone, As long as you don't mind doing a little work.

Go out and get it guys!

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 02-21-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kps
That makes sense; was just checking you wouldn't toast them with a few minutes' use.
thanks for helping me clarify this.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
and while i'm at it, has anyone heared of this manufacturer? bought these bulbs? good/bad brand? (would get HID's but I won't be able to afford them for awhile)

eBay Motors: H4 CUZO JAPAN HYPER HID WHITE LIGHT BULBS XENON 9003 (item 180068866288 end time Jan-04-07 17:06:36 PST)

if look towards the bottom, it come with a lifetime warranty that even covers bulbs that blow out.

I swear, Ebay is the devil, I spend so much money there.

thanks in advance,
James

Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
never heard, seen, or bought any of these bulbs, but it seems fine, doesn't say what color temp. is resembles, though, are they "hyper white" or bluish. what is "hyper white exactly" 6000K?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Master FitFreaker
any pics of the product???

Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
any pics of the product???
Ill try to get some tonight. (we're talking about the dome light right?)

Quick Reply: LED domelight on ebay