Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Next Level Performance...Tri-Phase Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Exclamation Next Level Performance...Tri-Phase Module

Texas Coyote posted on this mod.

I saw it listed on eBay at a substantial savings off their main URL (Next Level Performance) and had to try it!

I'm a gadget freak.

Grab a cold one and some .

Four wire hook-up...E A S Y.

The SECOND HARDEST part was deciding where to install the Tri-Phase Module. Keeping it hidden was my objective! (She often complains that I spend too much time with my second love, my VBP GD3 )

Where'd I put it?

!

The HARDEST part was routing the wire bundle through the fire wall...

Hooking up the four conductors was a cinch...
The IAT sensor is at the rear of the air intake (see pic).
Cut red/yellow and connect to red from Tri-Phase.
Connect red/yellow to ECU to black from Tri-Phase.
Green, from Tri-Phase, goes to 12VDC+.
White, from Tri-Phase, goes to ground.

The red/yellow is very short and tight. Leave enough to crimp the supplied connector!

Wire tie everything securely...

What I did with my extra wire, since I had already crimped on the terminals...

Semi-clean install!

I really haven't had a chance to "stomp it" yet, but Next Level boasts satisfaction, or your money back. I think I'll keep it.

Later, @ ±17 hp

Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
o man i want to hear results on this gadget! nice tutorial on how you hooked it up!

oh yeah, do they supply you with everything to crimp the wires and cover them like you did? i wouldn't be comfortable cutting the car's wires

Last edited by suketoborudo00; 11-13-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
what does this gadget do?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00
o man i want to hear results on this gadget! nice tutorial on how you hooked it up!
Thanks!

+1 for you.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
what does this gadget do?
Next Level Performance

(Its in the above tutorial )

NO REP for you!

Last edited by theloxmyth; 11-13-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo : )
Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
i dont know much about the g-box, but it sounds like a scam, kinda like the electronic turbochargers that they sell on ebay, its basically a miniature fan in an intake...i could be entirely wrong, im just curious as to how they override the ecu to adjust the AT shift speed, and i doubt that every application is a 20 hp upgrade

Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
i dont know much about the g-box, but it sounds like a scam, kinda like the electronic turbochargers that they sell on ebay, its basically a miniature fan in an intake...i could be entirely wrong, im just curious as to how they override the ecu to adjust the AT shift speed, and i doubt that every application is a 20 hp upgrade
I'm just a loxmyth

>> Next Level Performance

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
you should dyno your car and see if there is an actual increase in horsepower, otherwise i'd sue the crap out of that company, since it says gauranteed

Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
you should dyno your car and see if there is an actual increase in horsepower, otherwise i'd sue the crap out of that company, since it says gauranteed
Hm.

Can I still sue, even if they promise a refund if not satisfied?!

From one business owner's view, it seems like a great company policy!

IM<HO!

Old 11-16-2008, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
What the hell is this thing???

Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 AM
its one of those IAT sensor scam boxes,the same thing is all over ebay for like 30 bucks.
eBay Motors: Honda Accord CRV CRX Civic DelSol Element FCX Fit S2000 (item 370114264176 end time Nov-19-08 00:04:12 PST)

Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
its one of those IAT sensor scam boxes,the same thing is all over ebay for like 30 bucks.
eBay Motors: Honda Accord CRV CRX Civic DelSol Element FCX Fit S2000 (item 370114264176 end time Nov-19-08 00:04:12 PST)
I have had one in my car since September 06. If it is a scam, I want to get scammed the same way on every thing I spend money on. If you are not satisfied you can send it back for a refund, so how can it be a scam? Believe me, if it was a scam I'd be warning everybody here.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I have had one in my car since September 06. If it is a scam, I want to get scammed the same way on every thing I spend money on. If you are not satisfied you can send it back for a refund, so how can it be a scam? Believe me, if it was a scam I'd be warning everybody here.
Hi, Texas Coyote!

I feel the same way.

Since installation, I've noticed improved shifting on my A/T Base Fit.

I went to Tionesta, Pa this weekend, and its a long way up the mountains of Pennsylvania.

My A/T shifted better than it did before. So much so that it didn't hit the high revs (down shifting) that it probably would have without the Tri-Phase installed!

I did not hesitate to use my after-market cruise control, even on the steep mountain roads, and I still got 35.6 mpg to and fro!

I fill my tank to the top of the filler tube, to keep my readings accurate. Yes, I fill it the whole way to the top, till I see it can't take any more fuel, for accuracy.

I am a happy boy.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for substantiating what I originally posted knowing that anyone that was to try it out would like it. Do you feel scammed???

Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Thanks for substantiating what I originally posted knowing that anyone that was to try it out would like it. Do you feel scammed???
Nope!

I think I'll keep it.

Thank you for your "heads-up" on this one!

+1 Rep for you!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
get a dyno done and then i will believe.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
get a dyno done and then i will believe.
I profit not one bit from whether you purchase it or not.

I guess Next Level isn't as savvy as our new leader?!

"Now I don't have ta worry 'bout paying my taxes, or my mortgage!" - A quote from an ecstatic voter

Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 PM
just saying these things have been around for a long time and have been proven to be a scam. so more or less i am trying to say to other people i wouldn't buy into this unless some one can prove it is worth while.

from what i understand these cause your ecu to either make your car run more leaner or use more fuel usually use more fuel and the only way that can benefit you is if you are running a set up that is causing you to run dangerously lean this is supposedly a quick fix to that.

so to the average person that is not running dangerously lean this does absolutely nothing could potentially even be dangerous.

i am in no way a expert so don't crucify me if i am wrong about this one product or several but that is usually the case.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
just saying these things have been around for a long time and have been proven to be a scam. so more or less i am trying to say to other people i wouldn't buy into this unless some one can prove it is worth while.

from what i understand these cause your ecu to either make your car run more leaner or use more fuel usually use more fuel and the only way that can benefit you is if you are running a set up that is causing you to run dangerously lean this is supposedly a quick fix to that.

so to the average person that is not running dangerously lean this does absolutely nothing could potentially even be dangerous.

i am in no way a expert so don't crucify me if i am wrong about this one product or several but that is usually the case.
No problem!

Two votes for "Its OK!" (Texas & Loxmyth)

Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
The thing that makes me scratch my head is that they never state exactly what it DOES on the website... and what do the switches do? And where are the dyno test sheets to prove these gains? So it alters signals (appears only to be wired into the IAT sensor, which has little effect on fuel and timing), and so it's "tri-phasic" or whatever. It claims 17HP, and increased fuel economy. If this were the case, why wouldn't Honda (or any other manufacturer) have done this from the start?

I'm really trying to be optimistic here, but it's starting to smell funny.

Nothing that alters only the IAT signal can add 17 Hp. The IAT sensor is part of the density adjustments (hence the speed-density fueling computer our cars use -- speed is calculated from TPS and RPM, density from pressure and temperature). Altering the inputs to your computer can be useful, but I don't see 17hp on a stock motor. The IAT sensor also has nothing at all to do with the AT shifts.

I really want this to be true, but I don't see it. Anyone have any more info on this? Maybe take one apart to see what it's made of?

Quick Reply: Next Level Performance...Tri-Phase Module