Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

wafflemelon and stingystanos' 2008 Fits

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:39 PM
wafflemelon and stingystanos' 2008 Fits

Hey all! Finally got around to taking a couple pictures pre-mod, both of us are waiting on bodywork/engine work to be done before we start with bigger purchases. So for now, we have stock 2008 Fits, mine being the sport model and his being the DX (with a possibility of him purchasing the sport body kit).

By next summer these will be totally different cars while remaining daily driven. I will post any mods I do to this thread. Ill post some pictures of the mods I have already done on a different day (third brakelight, plastidip emblems/foglights)

Looking forward to some cruise nights when I get the ball rolling on my car.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm, I didn't know Canada got Black Berry Pearl DX models.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Where in Ontario?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Where in Ontario?
905, Niagara region.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to building a Fit. I am in Oakville.

You installed OEM fog lights? How did you wire them up? I did the same thing cut my bumper installed fog lights but couldn't not buy the wire harness.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Welcome to building a Fit. I am in Oakville.

You installed OEM fog lights? How did you wire them up? I did the same thing cut my bumper installed fog lights but couldn't not buy the wire harness.
I didn't no, all I did was unscrew the cover and plastidip'd it black, stingystanos on the other hand will potentially be installing the foglights unless he buys the sport bumper.

Me and him are hoping to start a Fit meet somewhere in the GTA, it seems most Fits in Ontario are from gta/toronto.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wafflemelon
I didn't no, all I did was unscrew the cover and plastidip'd it black, stingystanos on the other hand will potentially be installing the foglights unless he buys the sport bumper.

Me and him are hoping to start a Fit meet somewhere in the GTA, it seems most Fits in Ontario are from gta/toronto.

I agree. A lot of Fits in the area. I'm trying to get a meet together down in Port Credit by the lake. Great parking lot there right on the water by the light house. Near hurontario and the Starbucks.

When you do install your lights let me know what you use and how you wire them. I can't find OEM wires anywhere. They were discontinued. Also, cutting the bumper is really easy to do. Sport bumpers are fairly priced at $300 or so unpainted. I cut my bumper and installed my lights. Sadly no wires so they do not work lol.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:28 PM
I agree. A lot of Fits in the area. I'm trying to get a meet together down in Port Credit by the lake. Great parking lot there right on the water by the light house. Near hurontario and the Starbucks.

When you do install your lights let me know what you use and how you wire them. I can't find OEM wires anywhere. They were discontinued. Also, cutting the bumper is really easy to do. Sport bumpers are fairly priced at $300 or so unpainted. I cut my bumper and installed my lights. Sadly no wires so they do not work lol.
Thats too bad because I use my fogs a lot, they work great, especially driving to Port Colborne at night which I do quite often. Have you gone to any wrecker yards to take the fogs/wiring from a Fit? I am not 100% sure about the process but I assume you would have to splice into the headlight wiring.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I have gone to several wreckers. The downside is that there are only 5 gd3s in the wreckers and they are in London. I been there. Wires were already taken. I do have aftermarket wires but they do not plug into the fuse box properly. I have a switch and everything. I guess I'm going to have to splice into the headlights eh?

Old 07-29-2014, 03:33 PM
I have gone to several wreckers. The downside is that there are only 5 gd3s in the wreckers and they are in London. I been there. Wires were already taken. I do have aftermarket wires but they do not plug into the fuse box properly. I have a switch and everything. I guess I'm going to have to splice into the headlights eh?
Any factory airboxes in them? lol

Old 07-29-2014, 04:10 PM
I would think you would have to, with mine I have to have the headlights on for the fogs to work. I am going to hit up some of the wreckers here for some things, I will keep my eye out for the fog wiring.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
I would think you would have to, with mine I have to have the headlights on for the fogs to work. I am going to hit up some of the wreckers here for some things, I will keep my eye out for the fog wiring.
Do you have a switch as well? I have a legit button to sit right beside my mirror controls on the left.

Also cannot recall if I saw any air filter boxes. Was a long time. Worth the drive though.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Do you have a switch as well? I have a legit button to sit right beside my mirror controls on the left.

Also cannot recall if I saw any air filter boxes. Was a long time. Worth the drive though.
No, mine is on the turn signal arm along with the headlights, I suppose they changed it to a switch after the GD3s.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Don't get a sport bumper. If you want the sport look, just put a sport lip on the base bumper.

The car looks much better sans fog lights.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to FitFreak!

Sport models come with the fogs from factory that's why the switch is built-in on the signal arm. Base models on the other hand can get the fog light kit as an accessory where the switch is a push button one that goes right beside the side mirror adjustment switch. I bought mine from a member here for a really good price, last time I remember he still had 2 kits left. His username was E=MC2, or something like that.

Keep the base one as it is, not a lot of modded base models around.

Hope to see more upgrades soon!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Welcome to FitFreak!

Sport models come with the fogs from factory that's why the switch is built-in on the signal arm. Base models on the other hand can get the fog light kit as an accessory where the switch is a push button one that goes right beside the side mirror adjustment switch. I bought mine from a member here for a really good price, last time I remember he still had 2 kits left. His username was E=MC2, or something like that.

Keep the base one as it is, not a lot of modded base models around.

Hope to see more upgrades soon!
He likes the aftermarket yellow fogs, but last time I spoke with mr stingystanos he was having second thoughts about it. You are right too, seems to be pretty much all Sport models modded.

I am going to get some other pictures up soon, have been doing small cheap things while save for some big stuff. Although I did buy JDM tail lights from frui7cak3 on the forums, hopefully be arriving in a couple days. Very excited to get those on the car, love the looks of them.

Last edited by wafflemelon; 07-30-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Can always go a J's front lip. Personally I don't like the sport body kit. I don't like how honda says this is how a fit will look. I rather customize it how I see fit. But eh it's up to you. Sport bumper not worth the price when the bumper is the same minus a cut out for fogs.

I have figured out my wiring I believe. Will most pics. Using aftermarket wiring harness with it's own relay. Just gonna solder right into the head lights. Without the switch pushed in fogs won't work. Mission accomplished. Kinda like having to push a button. I can rig it without a button. But screw that haha.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
So you're the culprit that bought the lights! I was going to get them after I come back from holidays, but you beat me to it. Oh well. You'll love those tails for sure, I have yet to change mine to legit JDM ones.

Mine is a base as well and just added the fog lights as accessory, double wrapped them in yellow 3m film to protect from rocks in the winter time.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
So you're the culprit that bought the lights! I was going to get them after I come back from holidays, but you beat me to it. Oh well. You'll love those tails for sure, I have yet to change mine to legit JDM ones.

Mine is a base as well and just added the fog lights as accessory, double wrapped them in yellow 3m film to protect from rocks in the winter time.
Haha, one and only, sorry! They just look way too good, especially for something that isnt aftermarket, wish the USDM Fits came with them.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, one and only, sorry! They just look way too good, especially for something that isnt aftermarket, wish the USDM Fits came with them.
Nooo! Don't wish that! If that happens then all the Fits will look the same.

Quick Reply: wafflemelon and stingystanos' 2008 Fits