Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
sol you are a douchbag if you would learn to read you would know whats goin on now. sorry im not goin to pretend that i like the car cause im a truck a Chevy truck person not an import person. but i do enjoy customization and figured id try something new. so get over your self. if you have noticed me and cr4zy3lgato have got things straight now and i have appoligized for makin yall pissy. but now im just askin for some help on some info about some sites so i know where to go cause i dont have any idea. so if you want to say im of topic you might want to learn to read. if you would just be helpful like cr4zy3lgato that would be nice.
cr4zy3lgato i know this is a set back but come on i was tryin until this sol guy is still wanting to be a db after i put everything back and tryin to have some interest in these car cause it is customization.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member

Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 96Chevy350
sol you are a douchbag if you would learn to read you would know whats goin on now. sorry im not goin to pretend that i like the car cause im a truck a Chevy truck person not an import person. but i do enjoy customization and figured id try something new. so get over your self. if you have noticed me and cr4zy3lgato have got things straight now and i have appoligized for makin yall pissy. but now im just askin for some help on some info about some sites so i know where to go cause i dont have any idea. so if you want to say im of topic you might want to learn to read. if you would just be helpful like cr4zy3lgato that would be nice.
cr4zy3lgato i know this is a set back but come on i was tryin until this sol guy is still wanting to be a db after i put everything back and tryin to have some interest in these car cause it is customization.
: rotfl:

Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
so damn true i will admit it started in a different direction. got it on course i changed my way at this like you said i should do and right back off we go cause of one person.
so lets see if we can get this back on course.
I dont know anything about imports so i dont know of any sites to go to for exterior mods for a 09 fit. anyone got any sites thet use or where is a good spot on this site to go to and read and find what im lookin for. thanks

Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
at this point if your not gunna be of any help just leave this shit alone im bein the bigger man and dropin the shit you obviously cant

Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
I've had lots of American cars. That's why I have a Honda.

And I also know how to read, as well as spell, use punctuation,
capitalization, and I even know how to express myself in complete
sentences. I think we learned that in maybe 3rd or 4th grade.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:23 PM
seriously yall i try to do right apologize for a bad start try to start over and get the form topic back on track and yall just keep being little girls. and by the way this is a form not an essay for college so who gives a shit about grammar, and punctuation, and spellin. obviously yall dont want me here so as soon as yall help me out the faster im gone or do yall not get that cause your mind is as slow as you car

Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 96Chevy350
get that cause your mind is as slow as you car
damn... again with the attitude! you can't apologize and then attack again! If you are mature, then you should let your pride aside and just ignore the haters!!! god, i should'nt have to explain that... all i see is whining from every side... haters gonna hate... so... big deal! I love my car, and i would'nt trade it for a corvette or a viper... and i know people who love muscles will disagree... i'm not going to argue about that... i have my reasons, you have yours... god why does everyone has to act so bitchy??? who's trying to make a point? I will gladly help anyone who asks me cause i know it might help a lot more people...

@chevy: i'm not your mom i won't tell you what to do, but if you start to respect our cars and the members here, i'm sure that many people will be ready to help you! but understand that it would be easier if if you did a little research on your side to... you've got a huge data bank about possible mods, you just have to look...

BTW you could appreciate the car for what it is, it's not all about big wheels, big engine, big payload... we don't love our cars because it's economic... there's a ton of other reasons like cornering, reliability, etc.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
i get where your coming from. and i was tryin and they keep draggin me right back into it. im gunna ignore them for now on. and likes ive said ive tried to do some and i cant find much in way of stuff for fits. i find civic, accord, and prelude our the ass. and other problem is i dont know what i can trust. never dealt with import sites. just truck sites.
Note where im from Texas. we dont care about economic friendly and great gas mileage. and for us it is about payload, torque and horsepower because there is still sooo much agriculture here its a need. We still drive big SUV's and truck even when gas was $4 a gallon for regular. the saying is true Every things Bigger in Texas! HAHA
and there is points to both side both have their strengths and weakness but if you know what your doing you can make a truck handle like a car and you can make a fit damn fast. those guys that put that GSXR1000 motor in to a smart car DAMN thats fast!
Thanks for you help cr4zyl3gato and bringing me back in to check after they drag me back in.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
You're welcome

Now back to topic, you can go on sites like hondafitness, tirerack (great for wheels, tires and brakes), h-fit, zeta, king motorsport, etc. Ebay can be a great place to shop too! Just use your head, if a deal seems to good to be true, then it probably is... Have you tried browsing the for sale sections??? there is always lots of great stuff on there... and it's cheaper!

But as i said, the best resource remains this forum, there are a lot of members with creativity and new ideas and sometimes they use common materials so you get good looks for a fraction of the price, look for "painting rear valence" and "DIY front lip"

Good luck!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
You mentioned projectors and HID, check out theretrofitsource.com pick up some legit bi-xenon projectors and retrofit the car. Opening up the headlights you will have the option to endless possibilities and it will end up 100% better looking than any of the aftermarket projector headlights on the market.

Try to ignore the homoness around this forum, its everywhere.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
You mentioned projectors and HID, check out theretrofitsource.com pick up some legit bi-xenon projectors and retrofit the car. Opening up the headlights you will have the option to endless possibilities and it will end up 100% better looking than any of the aftermarket projector headlights on the market.

Try to ignore the homoness around this forum, its everywhere.
Smeister, a member on this forum does the retrofit, and his job is amazing... maybe you should try to contact him, but i'm not sure if he does GE8 (2009-up) 2007 & 2008 are GD3...

If you don't want any down time, buy a set at a place like bernardi, handa, hodapartsdeal or college hill honda... then you will probably be able to sell the other kit on here!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
Smeister, a member on this forum does the retrofit, and his job is amazing... maybe you should try to contact him, but i'm not sure if he does GE8 (2009-up) 2007 & 2008 are GD3...

If you don't want any down time, buy a set at a place like bernardi, handa, hodapartsdeal or college hill honda... then you will probably be able to sell the other kit on here!
Just do it yourself, no need to pay someone else to do something that you can do in an afternoon, or a weekend depending on your skills.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member

this thread is the best

Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
thanks yall. im gunna do some digging on here and else where. and thanks for the ideas.
and gd3vbp will do. ill ignore the homoness. yall two have been the only helpful ones and hopefully theres more of yall.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Lightbulb Cars, trucks, etc

I started with modifying lawnmowers, go carts & dirt bikes in the early 70's. At the time I owned a new 71 Honda CL175, went to a Honda SL 350 modified for street duty, then a Honda 305 Dream, 7 modified VW Beetles (outrun some Camaro's. Porsche's and BMW's & got 31 MPG, 26 city), a Chevelle SS396, (3) 78 & 79 Trans Am s, an 82 Caprice that I used for towing that would outrun & out corner most cars, an 88 Honda CRX that would run 128 MPH all day long & get 31 MPG, a 1980 Mercedes 300D that ran on 70% vegetable oil, and currently a 72 351 C Mustang Grande (for you U.S. car haters, it has 336,000 hard hot rodding miles on it and I've never had the heads off of it) and a 2007 Honda Fit.
NOTHING I have owned ever stayed stock, I've always looked for what can be done to improve power, efficiency and handling. Those three can go hand in hand. Many times it's a matter of figuring out what the engineers intended or would have liked to do before the "bean counters" said "Hey, we don't care how much that would improve the vehicle, it cost too much to do it that way".
Example: 88 Honda CRX: In Europe it had a double overhead cam (20 more HP in the upper RPM band) because it needed more power for the unlimited speed limits.
Here it was promoted as an economy car. Solution: improve the existing heads flow or obtain a European head and timing belt set up.
BLING, well, that has never been me, especially if it is at the expense of any one of the priorities.
I have questions about these Fits but I also do my own thing and research.
Increase volumetric efficiency (air intake system, headers, exhaust, get shocks, sway-bars, for handling, etc). It's the same for ALL gas/diesel powered cars. Just the vehicle limitations, implementations, manufacturers, and custom work are different. The goal, have a vehicle that suits you, is the same. Then their is the question of cost to implement. Doing your own work (and have something else to drive if you don't get finished on schedule? Or paying to have it done? Would what you want to make economic sense (or does it even have too)?
Unfortunately there are many that have a narrow FOCUS because their mind is like a parachute that won't open at the DRAG strip. It's failed because a mind only works properly when it is open. Most of these guys know that.
A few are obsessive/compulsive whiners. They don't care if there is cheese with the whine, they'll just whine about something else. IGNORE THEM.
Find your own way among the 95% of the good guys that are here.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
so basically you're asking if you should do it yourself or have it done? i think that doing the installation yourself is very important, and for many reasons, theirs the bonding experience, then there's the reward after hard work and there's also the fact that you will know for sure that it's been done right or at least you will know what has been done... you will also have a better knowledge of the car... this all depends of your limitations, but i always try to do all the work i can on my cars

i don't have a Fit anymore, but i did lots of research on the car and had modified lots of stuff so ask away if you have other questions, i'll be glad to help

oh and welcome to the forum

Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Basically I wanted to let 96350Chevy know that an engine is an engine and a trans is a trans. They may be metric, the materials may be different but the idea is the same. If you own an off brand U.S. Musclecar (say a 69 Pontiac Grand Prix) parts the implimentation of ideas is harder than say, a 96Chevy350 Truck. Same with the Fit. One needs to find people like yourself that have empirical knowledge and add your own knowledge and research to come up with what it is you want.
My question is now that I have installed 195/70/14 Michelin Harmony tires and one rubs slightly at full hard left lock, what is the stock 14" wheel offset. This way when I order my alloy wheels I can get an offset that won't rub. I had no problem finding out the offset of the factory 15 & 16 inch alloy wheels but I have been unable to find the info for the 14" steel ones that are on my car. I have been told to look on the rim but I am in S. Korea & the car is in Guam. I had hoped to order the 14" alloys in time for them to be waiting for me when I get there for Christmas. Without this info I will have to wait until I can personally look at the wheels. Of course I will only be there for 2 weeks, so the chance of my being able to get the info off of the car and order the alloys to be delivered to Guam before I leave are slim.
Thank you for your quick response, Take Care.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
This thread is a year old LOL

Old 11-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I still got info I could use.

Quick Reply: help