Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

2015 Fit suspension recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:49 AM
2015 Fit suspension recommendations

Hey guys

I'm new to this for forum so bare with me.
I purchased a 2015 Honda Fit not too long ago. I want to get it lowered but I'm not sure which route to take I know there's springs and coilovers, one being more expensive than the other, but what I'm really going for is looks and increased handling. If anyone has any recommendations it'd be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ryc3
Hey guys

I'm new to this for forum so bare with me.
I purchased a 2015 Honda Fit not too long ago. I want to get it lowered but I'm not sure which route to take I know there's springs and coilovers, one being more expensive than the other, but what I'm really going for is looks and increased handling. If anyone has any recommendations it'd be much appreciated. Thanks
You get what you buy! Lol. I say don't cheap out on it esp with coilovers if you want the car to perform better, and also esp in the long run(ride quality, problems, and all that) I'm not saying buy top end stuff but do research and see what people say about different coilovers for your car and see if it would be the right type for you. Unless you're just tryina slam it lol. I have function form type 2's (Ge) and imho... I don't like it lol. That's just me. Too bouncy and rough. I took a little ride in a buddy's car(Ge) with bilsteins and I thought they were rode pretty damn good lol. If I would've known and researched more before I prolly would save couple hundred more and bought better suspension prolly the bilsteins, or would've done simple koni shock/spring setup. That's just me. Do proper research on coilovers for your car before buy so no regrats like me! Remember it's about what you want and what you like. Also progress RSB FTW! Lol

Old 11-23-2015, 01:04 AM
Thanks for your response! I'm having trouble finding coilovers for GK5 model. Do some older gen coilovers work on the new model? Or is there just not much of an after market yet?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by ryc3
Thanks for your response! I'm having trouble finding coilovers for GK5 model. Do some older gen coilovers work on the new model? Or is there just not much of an after market yet?
Different variety of coilovers might be hard to find since the gk model just came out. Not too sure. I've seen a thread somewhere saying about fitting Ge coilovers onto the Gk if you know what you're doing... But tbh don't risk that. I know for sure the buddy clubs are out for the Gk.. Not sure about other companies and lot of the fit guys tend to love them but you should make sure how they ride to see if it would fit you. Keep researching! One thing I learned with my past experiences with my Ge was to always be patient.. I learned that the hard way. Make sure you know what you're doing and what you're getting into esp with coilovers since they're expensive! I'm pretty sure you'll find answers somewhere in the forums about the Gk. I know tanabe has lowering springs out for the Gk

Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Also BC BR coilovers are out for the Gk

Old 11-23-2015, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just go springs unless your planning on going to lots of road race tracks where the coil overs are needed for adjustment..

Old 11-23-2015, 07:47 PM
^ yeah if you like the drop height of them. Check out the swift springs thread. Not sure about the gk but the Ge guys love em.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:30 PM
If you use your fit as a familly car, i would advise you not to buy buddy club coil overs. They are great and everything but your car will feel like a race car and it will not make everyone happy.

I did that with a pregnant wife and ....... had to remove and sell after just 3 months. I even removed my 17" and drove with 15s and still the ride was too harsh for long trips out of town.

Went with eibach springs , couldn't be happier now.

I'll probably try swift springs next and change my struts also. I have read a lot of good things about them on here. Eibach was the easiest and quickest for me being in Australia.