FIT-Vendor Sponsored Group Buys and Sales Organize group buys to get discounts. Only Forum Sponsors may post group buys in this sub-forum. Forum Sponsors will have "FIT Vendors" in their user title and have gone through a screening process by FIT Freak staff.

Trunk garnishes by iKONA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
hmm I just ordered a rear garnish form the guy. I have seen some complaints about the guy but I copped them up to a miscommunication or delay being blown way out of proportion. Does seem as though Ikona does take on way to many projects/jobs at a time and that might be contributing to the problems. Hopfuly I wont have any issues and get my part in a resonable time.

Last edited by MNfit; 06-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
what do you call that thing on your hatch that goes over your bumper? (the thing just under the license plate)

Where can i get one? how much is it?
Name:  1000700.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  49.3 KB

Old 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Alright, yes anyone can contact either me or Sid 6.7 to get any issues any one might have resolved. Ikona has said that his internet is down and he is still waiting for it to get fixed.

If you believe this or not please be patient in the mean time while he is not here. Please refrain from any bashing or anything of that matter.

I will be going to see Ikona today to pick up a rear trunk garnish which is what benmunger is asking about in the picture above and also a set of fog light covers. I will talk to him in person and let him know of any issues at hand and also that he needs to get on asap to update everyone.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
you sir, are a great mod. good job man

Old 06-03-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Just a ProTip for iKONA: Public libraries have free internet access. I'm guessing some of these people would have kept their complaints off the board if he had thought of this and kept up contact.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
you sir, are a great mod. good job man
i agree fully, great job

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I just about considered my trunk garnish a right off,

Its been half a year since i ordered and nothing but replies with promises of its shipping next week... tommorows... tonights.

The time its taken i could of walked from ontario across usa and back.

The only thing that im impressed with is he replies almost instantly.
I'm not bashing just stating my situation.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned
^ That is inexcusable from my behalf... So plain and short (this is to everybody still waiting) We will have them out asap! We have been working on making several garnishes this week so this new week all we have to do is match them with the orders and ship. If they need to be painted then they will be painted, if they need to be primed they will be primed.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Only 10 days LOL.. I have been waiting 4 months and I saw another post of a year wait!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Same boat here.. 4 months, but at least u get instant replies to email! LOL I don't even get that.. I just want my money back!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hey MikeW1980, are the FF mods helping you out here? When was the last time you heard from iKONA and have you got your money back? I'm just curious what's going on, if iKONA is actually ignoring you he should be taken off of the FF vendors list.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Hey MikeW1980, are the FF mods helping you out here? When was the last time you heard from iKONA and have you got your money back? I'm just curious what's going on, if iKONA is actually ignoring you he should be taken off of the FF vendors list.
Dude, shut up, you can't jump to conclusions like that--purely a moderator decision, I still haven't received mine but it's not like I'm about to have a hissy fit like the rest of you filing claims, blowing whistles, and what not.

It's all custom fabrication and this guy has a life it's not like you are ordering a pre-made part ready to ship from some company, you should have known that going in. I figured 2-3 months wait time and right now I'm at 2 months.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
I wish i had you guys' patients.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned
Im PMing mike right now. Tekxoid thanks for standing up for me The only reason it took so long for your order is because it was a pre order for the lower garnishes. Which your order is heading out this week

Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
PMed You! Thanks for the update!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TekXoID
Dude, shut up, you can't jump to conclusions like that--purely a moderator decision, I still haven't received mine but it's not like I'm about to have a hissy fit like the rest of you filing claims, blowing whistles, and what not.

It's all custom fabrication and this guy has a life it's not like you are ordering a pre-made part ready to ship from some company, you should have known that going in. I figured 2-3 months wait time and right now I'm at 2 months.
Naw, dude. You shut up. I didn't jump to any conclusions.

I don't care who is telling the truth it just doesn't make sense to me we couldn't find out what was going on. That guy has been posting for daaays that he isn't being responded to. My response was as much to shut him up if he was full of it as it was to make sure he wasn't telling the truth.

Maybe you should try reading my post again.

Last edited by secondspassed; 06-16-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
For anyone here who hasn't gotten their money back, file a paypal dispute and immediately escalate it to a claim. Paypal will get your money back. It might take them about a month but you do have some rights here.

To those of you who stated this is a custom part, I would ask you to read back through his original posts on this product. He states there is a 2 week lead time for this product and by this time you would think he would have leaned down his production process enough to make them even faster or hired more employees to pick up the slack.

I'm surprised the moderators have let this thing go on this long. The only people who seem to have any luck here are the people who live within driving distance and can address their issues in person with the guy. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get their money back, receive responses, etc. I feel sorry for everyone who has had a bad experience with iKona. Fight it through paypal, let it run it's course and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
heeeeere we go! I wanted some of these products but chose to wait to see if it turned out like the Scion deal....and what do ya' know, it did. Some people are getting their parts, some aren't.

I will say though, when I actually see that there are shelves with product on them...I will send my money. Not before though.

Hopefully he will get his head out of his ass and finished what was promised.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I wish i had you guys' patients.
I'm glad they don't, could you picture someone with this little patience as a doctor?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
i wont bash, but i did finally get my piece, ordered it a week before easter, ask me anything else on this thread, i plead the 5th

Quick Reply: Trunk garnishes by iKONA!