Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: JDP Super-Fantastic Custom Fit SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE for GE8!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
JL Stealth box

JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL.

Heres a link to the box:

http://http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

Last edited by gavin-jarosz; 04-10-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by gavin-jarosz
JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL. [url]http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit
Thats only for GD3's not GE8's (ie For USDM Fit 08 and older not 09 and newer). Says right on the product page here:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
JL Audio already offers an aftermarket stealth box with a 10W3v3. As far as quailty goes you can't beat JL.

Heres a link to the box:

http://http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-stealthbox-honda-fit

Originally Posted by slimdizzy
Thats only for GD3's not GE8's (ie For USDM Fit 08 and older not 09 and newer). Says right on the product page here:

Car Audio - Stealthbox® - Honda - Fit
Eggggggggzactly!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by FyrFytr

Eggggggggzactly!
This buy is for GE8's though. Don;t know why your finding my post funny but whatever.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
My bad. I have an 08' GD3, thats what I was thinking of. I don't know why they haven't created one for the 09' and up's yet. I'll have to talk to my JL rep next time he comes in the store.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
My bad. I have an 08' GD3, thats what I was thinking of. I don't know why they haven't created one for the 09' and up's yet. I'll have to talk to my JL rep next time he comes in the store.
Please do as I would love to go that route but i'll take what I can get from JDP as well, they do nice work.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
If you want PM me some contact info, that way I can get ahold of you easier if I hear anything from them

Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slimdizzy
This buy is for GE8's though. Don;t know why your finding my post funny but whatever.
A poor job of 'cutting and pasting'. The ROFL was supposed to be directed at the post you were replying to. My post was quickly corrected, but not quickly enough.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Many of us, like myself, have been waiting for years for a stealthbox to install a sub like the JL unit made for the older version of the Fit. I've wondered why there hasn't been one made yet. There are plenty of Fits on the road, and I see many more GEs than I do GDs. Maybe JL didn't have much success w/ the model they made for the GD, and didn't feel it was worthwhile to make one for the GE???

Old 04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FyrFytr
Many of us, like myself, have been waiting for years for a stealthbox to install a sub like the JL unit made for the older version of the Fit. I've wondered why there hasn't been one made yet. There are plenty of Fits on the road, and I see many more GEs than I do GDs. Maybe JL didn't have much success w/ the model they made for the GD, and didn't feel it was worthwhile to make one for the GE???
Maybe so cause I even wrote to them inquiring about this. Ring made for the he and I neve got a response !

Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Very interested in this depending on price. What would be a good sub to get for this box though?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by FitIsGo85
Very interested in this depending on price. What would be a good sub to get for this box though?
Any 10" sub with a mounting depth of 5" should work well. I asked John if he would consider offering a subwoofer, packaged with the enclosure like how JL Audio does. But we both kind of agreed that people may prefer to choose their own subwoofer. Personally, I'm going to use an Elemental Designs 10" sub that I've been saving for this.

You can start with the list of subwoofers on Crutchfield: Component Subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

In regards to the JL Audio Stealthbox for the GD3...it's great that GD3 guys have this option. But in my opinion, the JL box isn't that great looking. It looks like a carpeted blob. Also, the JL stealth box is $600!

10" subwoofers start at $49 on Crutchfield, and Crutchfield isn't even known for having the best prices. John hasn't told me anything about pricing, but I'm sure you can shop around for a nice 10" subwoofer and buy this JDP box and you will be spending well under $600!

Let's spread the word on this sub enclosure so we can push this thing into production! I know I want one...I've been trying to persuade JDP to make this thing for quite a while already.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I'd most definitely prefer to have my own choice of subs. Whether it's due to sound, price, or simply using one that I already have, I think buying an enclosure only would be best for everyone involved, including the folks making and shipping (hopefully soon!) this thing.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
In, depending on price AND whether or not the top portion is cleaned up for the shelf to fit like stock.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have a link or suggestion for how I would wire a sub&amp up to an otherwise stock fit using an enclosure like this one?

Cheers!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Definitely interested depending on the price.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shmithers
Does anyone have a link or suggestion for how I would wire a sub&amp up to an otherwise stock fit using an enclosure like this one?

Cheers!
Just install a line output converter. It take a left and right signal from your factory radio and sends it through standard rca jacks to your amp.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
There's more to an enclosure than what size drivers it fit. is it sealed? vented? what's the internal volume? other vital parameters? what's it made of?

You can drop in a good sq driver in a wrong enclosure and it will sound like shit. You can also drop a cheap-no-name-brand driver and make it sound good in a properly parametered enclosure.

Also... in all honesty... I wouldn't call JDP as "excellent quality"... it's more of a "good/ok" in terms of fitment and finish.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
It's a sealed box, made of fiberglass. Internal volume has yet to be measured, but I think it should be similar to the JL Audio stealth box.

The box was designed so that the top shelf cover can still be used and it will not block the rear seat from reclining.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Interested, depending on price of course!

Quick Reply: GI: JDP Super-Fantastic Custom Fit SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE for GE8!