General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2010 Honda Fit....Disappointing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
2010 Honda Fit....Disappointing!!!

Went on the Honda website to hopefully see something AMAZING...got garbage! I already have a GE...what I saw...was a GE!!! There was nothing that stood out as far as the standard features. It all looks the same as the GE minus a few details (i.e. no MT with Navi). The only plus is that Honda got smart and realized if they offer Mugen accessories they'll make more money. Granted, the Mugen Fit looks effing hot, but may border on ricey for some (if you tend to not like the "Dual Exhaust" look ). Really disappointing...

What do you guys think?

Ryan

Old 09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Well, gee whiz, what did you expect? Honda redesigned the car from the road up for '09, and you expect big changes again for '10?

Honda is not big on annual change for the sake of change, and I expect the current Fit to roll for the next 5-6 years with little change. Of course, VSA will become standard on all in 2012 (federal mandate).

Still, I WAS expecting maybe a different color or two, at least.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
2010 fit

maybe redesigned in "09, but,I think traction/stability ctrl. should be offered,in Canada(not avail."09) here,on the 2010s.To myself,I get the impression,that Honda is a very ARROGANT company,and on their Canadian web sight,I think is done p*ss poorly.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
You guys make me laugh. I'm with Gary, quit your whining.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
It's pretty common. It's not like the 50's-60's where the sheet metal was changed every year.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Personally (and that's all that matters anyway right...) I would have been bummed to see a MT Sport Navi with sunroof in 2010, would have been a serious dilemma for me. With the new 2010 lineup, no such issues... Maybe in a few years when the new Fit or other uber-Honda is released with a sunroof it'll be time to donate my car to Jr.

I'd like to see traction-control too, but it's also one of the reasons I bought the vehicle I did, I believed in it enough to actually pay extra for it. That said, glad it'll be standard in all cars shortly, it will help save lives.

Have fun!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skytanker2003
Went on the Honda website to hopefully see something AMAZING...got garbage! I already have a GE...what I saw...was a GE!!! There was nothing that stood out as far as the standard features. It all looks the same as the GE minus a few details (i.e. no MT with Navi). The only plus is that Honda got smart and realized if they offer Mugen accessories they'll make more money. Granted, the Mugen Fit looks effing hot, but may border on ricey for some (if you tend to not like the "Dual Exhaust" look ). Really disappointing...

What do you guys think?

Ryan
I gotta tell ya...I really liked the GD. And I wanted white. Which wasn't available for 2008. No white = no sale. No matter how much I like the colors and pearls and metallic, MY car has to be white (visibility).

Then I saw the GE. Yeah, it comes in white, but I was so disappointed in the appearance change. I liked the GD. Scion's first boxy xB, loved it. They changed the styling, and I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Liked their xA too, but that was discontinued, and the xD is not for me. I liked my old VW Cabriolet, it was an 86, liked the boxy style, VW changed it, and I wouldn't buy it now.

I was looking at the article over on Time, about the "10 most exciting cars of 2010".
Kia Soul - The Most Exciting Cars of 2010 - TIME

And here's what I'm seeing...they are all looking alike. Why do they (manufacturers) even bother making umpteen different cars, if they all look alike?

Check it...the recently restyled xB and new xD (just grabbing little google images here):

From Time:
Kia Soul:

Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Short window space, flattish roof, side bar, fog light...

They say that's "exciting"???

Next, do you have any idea what a major pain in the bum it would be for Honda to totally change the style for the 2010? Not so much for people who would buy the 2010...but for the orphaned people with 2009 models, who would have the "one-year model". Parts would skyrocket. We'd be waiting for ages for parts to arrive.

The only thing they should have changed is that darn interior fabric from Hades.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
The rumors over in Europe is that the Jazz is going hybrid in 2010.
Just waiting for comfirmations in the next months...

Old 09-04-2009, 07:10 PM
excuse my ignorance

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Well, gee whiz, what did you expect? Honda redesigned the car from the road up for '09, and you expect big changes again for '10?

Honda is not big on annual change for the sake of change, and I expect the current Fit to roll for the next 5-6 years with little change. Of course, VSA will become standard on all in 2012 (federal mandate).

Still, I WAS expecting maybe a different color or two, at least.
Im new. vsa???

Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by skytanker2003
What do you guys think?

Ryan
I think I should roll my eyes on this thread. What do you expect? Dramatic change after a year of the new body style? FYI, the GD style lasted for about 8 years before Honda changed to GE body style.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by FIT410S
Im new. vsa???
VSA = Vehicle Stability Assist

"Defined: Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) is Honda's trademarked name for a version of the Electronic Stability Programme, which can assist vehicles from skidding (understeer and oversteer) and mantain control by individually braking each wheel and even reducing engine power to provide stability."

Old 09-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The CARS program was very good for the Fit:

Honda Division sales of 151,814 set a new August record, up 19.6 percent,
driven by car sales that increased 33.2 percent to 100,895. Two Honda vehicles
posted all-time record months: the fuel-efficient Fit with sales of 13,593, up 194.1 percent, and the CR-V with sales of 30,284, up 58.3 percent.

American Honda Reports August Sales | Reuters

Why would they want to change a good thing?

Also, this thread says the Fit Hybrid has been canceled, waiting for a link:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/47956-fit-cancels-hybrid-expected-crz-rolls-spring-2010-a.html#post740281

I'm definitely NOT a CRZ consumer.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 09-05-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Fixed copy and paste of Fit stats
Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
This shows that auto buyer behavior can be influenced by public policy (e.g. Fit up 194%, light trucks down 0.4%). I'm not a fan of the CAFE standards approach to improving gas mileage of the fleet -- a fuel tax would be much simpler, and probably more effective, but politically difficult (impossible) because it's a "tax". If I were running the world, gasoline tax would increase by 5 cents per month for 3 years, then level off. This would make the change gradual enough to minimize disruptions, but inevitable enough to change behaviors over time. That said, it's never going to happen.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Selden
This shows that auto buyer behavior can be influenced by public policy (e.g. Fit up 194%, light trucks down 0.4%). I'm not a fan of the CAFE standards approach to improving gas mileage of the fleet
While I am quite happy with my Fit and decision to purchase it, had I been able to get a larger cargo vehicle, I would have gone for it. However, I had a budget, and I suspect that is the same for many participating in the C4C program.

I turned in a Ford Aerostar (a category 1 truck) for the Fit. I do need a cargo vehicle, but it simply wasn't in the budget right now.

The C4C program was public policy that influenced a purchasing decision that is at least twice as energy efficient as my former vehicle and similarly environmentally friendly as far as emissions go, but it was a personal economic decision, not a public policy decision that influenced my choice of a smaller vehicle.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Hmmm...I guess I should spell out what I meant...I never said that they should have completely redesigned the whole car. I understand it would not be economically sound to R&D a brand new body/chassis for an econobox like the Fit, but would it hurt Honda to add some useful optional features, like a sunroof as Roland mentioned or day/night mirror, bluetooth, leather and/or heated seats...anything we've been complaining about "should be in the new Fit"? These are not major mods/changes. I mean, I would pay extra for a sunroof as an accessory, as I know many on here would! Why didn't they just market the Mugen Fit for 2010 and keep the '09 Fit marketed as such? Just skip a year or two of the '09 Fit. If I'm not mistaken, that's what Mitsubishi did when they brought out the Evo X? I mean, that's basically what Honda did, so why don't they market it as such, rather than including a link to view the 2009 model Fit on the website. Obviously this is a moot point as the Fit has already come out, I am just throwing my opinion out there. I'll try to keep it to myself next time.

Last edited by skytanker2003; 09-04-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
I can't believe you can't get a manual with Navi. I hate how companies do that, it's like when I was shopping for a Nissan Cube, manuals are either the base model or S, their crappy CVT is all you can get in the SL or the Krom version, so it really limits your choices.

Anyway, how much is the Mugen Fit going to run, I don't see that listed on the Honda site.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Why would they want to change a good thing
exactly! Why mess with success? It could lead to horrible results.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flyin172s
Anyway, how much is the Mugen Fit going to run, I don't see that listed on the Honda site.

It's not a Mugen Fit exactly, but they call all the additions/accessories "Mugen", so if you use a Fit Sport and add only the Mugen interior/exterior parts (no other accessories) it adds up to about $23K. Not too bad a deal, I guess, for all the Mugen parts you get.

Last edited by skytanker2003; 09-04-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
A smart marketing move would be to add some accessory pieces to the existing list of offerings.. stereo upgrades, seat extend kits, horn upgrade kits, sun roofs, REAL spare tires, splash guards for Sports (even if they are not good looking..just for winter)..stuff like this would let us keep refreshing our 09's.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
I can't believe you can't get a manual with Navi. I hate how companies do that . . .
On one hand, I agree with you - I think manual transmissions should be offered on EVERY model, and it be required that you know how to drive one to get your driver's license.

But on the other hand, you can't necessarily blame the companies. They have to set up their production lines with the combination of features that the most people are going to buy. So don't hate the companies - hate all the people that don't drive a stick.

Quick Reply: 2010 Honda Fit....Disappointing!!!