General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

You know you're hooked on FitFreak when...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Talking You know you're hooked on FitFreak when...

Throughout the time I've been with this community, I catch myself thinking this and many of you have been on waaaay much longer than I have Just my thoughts...
  • It's becoming a big morning decision - java 1st, login 1st... decisions... decisions...
  • It becomes a bedtime decision as well - Let me check one more time...
  • You start checking before going to work, 1st thing when you get to work, last thing before leaving work and 1st thing after getting home.
  • think about posting, just to post
  • get irritated when people can't read your mind with your short often abbreviated posts with general questions of how people think.
  • start to think all posters should be in the same wavelength as you when it comes to something you're very familiar with.
  • start to feel the icon's expressions rather than the other way around.
  • start looking at usernames and automatically linking them to perceived personality and physical images in your mind.
  • the forum starts taking precedence over your personal email Inbox.
  • at the end of the day, you get more subscription update emails than your junk mail.
  • you start posting like you're carrying on a private personal conversation
  • you start reading all the posts on a thread like watching a soap opera on TV... and respond accordingly - sad, happy, excited, mad, sigh, laugh, the works...
  • the forum becomes your hang out - Friday evening and weekends...
  • becomes an outlet to rant and rave
  • start monitoring the activities and the sidebar like the stock market ticker tape looking for any slight changes
  • start willing your activities (like Yoda) % to eek out a few numbers over...
  • start cracking up over some posters shortcomings, knowing that you've done them yourself... Shhhhh, no one else need to know
  • you start broadening your horizons, not just on the car you so dearly love but also the different characters and perspectives of the posters here, to the extent of meeting up with some of them... then BAM! A big world out there all tied together by an itty bitty econobox called a Fit/Jazz.
  • get rid of your Fit - the reason why you joined in the first place, yet this has become home... to come back to...
Then you start reflecting out loud like me and start posting it for the public's amusement. Or maybe it's just me... NOT! Now chew on that for a while... and get a life! Oh yeah, me too! Enjoy!

Last edited by Subie; 08-20-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I am with you Subie

Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Laughing my ass off at this right here. Totally describes me. Accept the missing part....I take FF with me on my phone so I am never without.

Wait I thought they said wife and kids were your life when you grow up? Boy were they wrong on that one.

+rep sor subie......

Old 08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Participating in forums also helps to work our mind and keep it sharp 24/7.

They were saying that as we gets older, try to develop a brain intensive hobby eg learning a new language, learn to play chess, learn dancing or get involve in fitfreak.net because you need to read and understand other's views, think, construct proper sentences to express complex FIT thoughts to post meaningfully

Old 08-20-2011, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Laughing my ass off at this right here. Totally describes me. Accept the missing part....I take FF with me on my phone so I am never without.

Wait I thought they said wife and kids were your life when you grow up? Boy were they wrong on that one.

+rep sor subie......
Ha ha, you're worst then... never leave home without it. Yeah, wife and kids come first... WAIT... have to login first!

Originally Posted by Ric01
Participating in forums also helps to work our mind and keep it sharp 24/7.

They were saying that as we gets older, try to develop a brain intensive hobby eg learning a new language, learn to play chess, learn dancing or get involve in fitfreak.net because you need to read and understand other's views, think, construct proper sentences to express complex FIT thoughts to post meaningfully
Boy those "they" are all over the place. You're right Rico, but not just the mind. Keeps the ticker pumping faster too when you get slammed or burned on posts. Hey when the time comes, my walker will have PolyU rubbers with shift paddle brakes... Or an electric cart with built-in keyboards and HUD... posting between meds... Just kidding.

Thanks for stopping by guys...

Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Simply befuddles me as to why they have yet to put an icon next to your avatar I thought the "moderators" said they wanted everyone to hop on this forum feeling as if they had contributed to something for the betterment of this forum..what the hell are they wait'n for You deserved yours a long time ago!
I know I'll never get one becuz I have openly stated that they [moderators] are totally biased as to who "they" feel should get it....

Having said that, by read'n your post I think yur N2DEEP on this forum already ma'man!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
I think yur N2DEEP on this forum already ma'man!!!
Appreciate the pump up Vinny. I enjoy you guyz virtual company . Like you said https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...ml#post1014493 No loss on the icon sticky. Overall this is a great circle of Freaks here. " A symbol dies a natural death when it no longer means anything." Mahalo!

Old 08-21-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
When there are people you consider close friends that you've met through the site

Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 AM
When you get to open your PMs and Email everyday to chat with people on several continents about their Fit/Jazz and how to make it faster.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
When there are people you consider close friends that you've met through the site
And real jerks too.... Damn I am glad that annoying GBaby kid is gone..

Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
When you get to open your PMs and Email everyday to chat with people on several continents about their Fit/Jazz and how to make it faster.
Man I have been thinking about that car you are selling... Do you think it would make it down here??

Old 08-21-2011, 02:15 AM
I would drive it down there. I would be deaf when I got there though haha

Bear in mind it is my old race car.. no A/C.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
I have bucks put away for some stuff that I'm no sure is going to come my way now though there was a deal made.... I may just be paranoid ... If This deal goes right I may still be interested in your monster but someone might beat me to it... I'll PM you sometime with questions... If I could mount a rally scoop on the roof I could drive it a few months a year W/O A/C.. Just something to mount some serious lighting and exhaust control valve on for late night runs on farm to market roads or when I have my Fit down for more work on it.... My medicine is making me stupid and drowsy... Hopefully I will get a PM by tomorrow about my deal.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:05 AM
I hear ya on that. Hope it works out.

She's been put back to street duty though. So still fast but comfortable.

The original plan was a friend of mine intended to pick it up as a winter car. So it's back on stock suspension and currently on wheels with some winter tires.

Rear seats and interior panels are removed. Front interior panels/carpet/dash/speakers/blower (with excellent heat!) and some lexus floor mats are installed currently. The car has a sunroof, front and rear wipers as well as wiper fluid squirters all work

I installed some fog lights as well.

I'd be giving it away with a bunch of OE replacement parts including an alternator, MAS, BOV, some heat shields, etc. That is in addition to most of a snow performance meth kit if you want it, some bigger cams, a walbro gss317 fuel pump and some other stuff I am forgetting.

First thing I would do is re-wire the fuel pump with thicker gauge wires and a relay using the stock trigger switch which is easy on this car and the holes are still there from when I had my double pump setup in the car.

After that I would buy a boost controller, a wideband and a dumped-wastegate oxygen sensor housing, set it to ~17psi and call it a day. You'll be moving about 325whp on a 70*F day. Make sure to turn it down a bit in the winter, but you'll have a better idea just by watching the wideband swing toward the 12s as that air gets colder and denser. You'll be running out of pump and maxing out injectors if you try and run that boost in the winter, but you'll see more timing as the stock maps are SUPER aggressive, but fuels maps run super fat to counteract it..

Stock block with an SFI approved ATI crank damper and a Moroso Oil pan of higher capacity. Considerably bigger than stock Mitsu (16G) turbo from the Evo 3, good for north of 425whp if you get some bigger injectors and something like a chip or ECMLink V3 Lite.

Though I would recommend spending the $90 bucks on ARP headstuds which are easy to install for insurance if nothing else.. stockers would do it, but knowing you you'll be addicted to the power in a hearbeat

Just pull the valvecover and do them one at a time, cams can stay in and everything!

Then Voila! You have a motor that is stout enough for some people to push 660awhp and a couple have even managed high 9sec runs!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/rizzotti-racing-talon-first-stock-block-dsm-in-the-9s_2085769.htm

We can talk more tomorrow, I'm gonna go pass out now. I have to send another FF member some pictures I promised him tonight of the Fit single turbo stuff, but didn't have time because of the woman lol

Old 08-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
when you have a blog site here like me. check my title too.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:39 AM
glad to know i'm not the only one... i'm trolling this site looking @ various post almost all day long.... hey, wait... do i have no work? then why am i sitting at my desk everyday??

Old 08-22-2011, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
hey, wait... do i have no work? then why am i sitting at my desk everyday??
Heheh K, do you have a "boss alert" shortcut key on your desktop? Might want to add one if you don't.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 AM
When you look at the same threads and convince yourself that they are new and that you havent read all 24 pages more than 1,000 times... lol

im constantly looking on the Fit Shoes thread hoping more Taffy Pics pop up =)

Old 08-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Subie
Heheh K, do you have a "boss alert" shortcut key on your desktop? Might want to add one if you don't.
alt-tab works just fine...

Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
alt-tab works just fine...
noice tip. thanks for that lol!

but im usually typing from my smartphone at the office while im waiting for coffee to brew (like now. )

Quick Reply: You know you're hooked on FitFreak when...