General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you LIKE about your FIT???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Thumbs up What you LIKE about your FIT???

Listen, I hate the other thread. Let's help push the popularity of all generations of FIT's. State to others what sold you to buy the FIT vs the other models you looked at which you can share also. What was the feature in the model FIT (year/model) you were looking at that closed the deal for you.

If were going to have a Don't like thread, a thread like this should be here to balance that thread.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 12-03-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:10 AM
I'll start... I bought my Taffeta White 2013 FIT Sport because it was built in Japan rock solid. The large interior volume works well if I need to have my wheelchair in my trunk. The firm/responsive chassis feels like you're driving a go-cart you had as a kid. Last but not least was the fuel savings. I see +13mpg city/+9mpg hwy compared to my 2008 Acura TL.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Same reasons you stated.
Hondas made in Japan have fewer long-term issues.
Other than regular maintenance, zero issues.
It holds an amazing mount of stuff for being so small.
It's wider than most compact cars, which helps as I get older and turn into a fat ass.
Not fast, but fun to drive. Nice shifting automatic (I prefer stick but couldn't find one).
Easy to park. Short length means I can often park out of door ding range.
About 30+ mpg around town.
Sound system is much better than any of my other Hondas.
VSA option means the lead-foot wife can drive it in the winter.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:08 PM
It's just flippin' fun to drive!

Well, not just that - a number of other things, too.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
I'd rather not push the popularity of the Fit, I don't want people buying a 2015 because I'm gushing about my '12 (or Ms. 410b's '08, or my previous '08); as they're totally different cars. The pros of the '15s (whatever those are) are definitely not the same as the previous generations.

Things I like about my Fit(s):

'12:
-Styling (Exterior)
-Practicality
-Orange
-Made in Japan
-Steering feel/weight
-Gearing

'08
-GF loves it, that's the most important thing about it (For ME)

Previous '08
-Looked cool (when modified)
-Practical
-Better looking dash than GE
-Better trans feeling than GE

Common Between All Three:
-Made in Japan
-Some semblance of 'fun' in driving them in a spirited manner

Old 12-07-2014, 12:38 AM
All nice details. he 2nd gen cant get anymore popular bro. U do understand its not build anymore. What's here is here until the numbers drop as they get junked or totalled.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
All nice details. he 2nd gen cant get anymore popular bro. U do understand its not build anymore. What's here is here until the numbers drop as they get junked or totalled.
I know this. I'm saying, I'd rather the Fit go away entirely than see a bunch of '15s around.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Our son has owned a late 2008 or early 2009 (GE) five-speed Sport for six years now. We've owned the 2015 EX CVT for two months. For all intents and purposes, they're the same class-leading econo-box, with 1% or less difference in most of the dimensions. The biggest dimensional difference is the shift of the rear seat aft--he and his wife fit much better in our rear seat than we do in his. Subjectively, my wife thinks his Fit is the ugliest car ever built, but with the change in the front end, thinks ours is "cute." I just think the new one is a bit, shall we say, less distinctive. It looks to me like a Civic from the front and an Odyssey minivan from the side. The belt line is obviously higher, probably for improved crash protection, and from what I can tell, the seating is also a little higher to match that as well. The wife calls it our "microvan."

The biggest difference, and my favorite feature, is in the powertrain. It's stronger and far more refined. The DI allows significantly more compression, an amazing amount for 87 octane, which increases the torque and horsepower noticeably, as well as improves the EPA numbers. Outside the car, the DI is a bit reminiscent of my diesel, but inaudible inside.

With the smooth continuously variable valve timing, I've driven it like a diesel--to work and back never exceeding 2,000 rpm. It cruises at 75 mph dead-on at a quiet, relaxed 2,500 rpm, yet it can climb to as much as 6,500 rpm or so for maximum horsepower in the time it takes to floor the pedal. I find no lag at all in the CVT following throttle position. While it operates differently than discrete gear transmissions, you'll feel right at home with the CVT if you're a power boater. It sounds a lot like an outboard in operation.

The ride is also improved--probably as good as can be had for the price and weight of the car. The steering is quick and tight, about 2% less so than past models, but still quicker and tighter than an AP1 s2000. The new electric boost is stronger and requires a bit more finesse. There's a little bit more body roll, attributable in part to the omission of a rear sway bar. That'll no doubt be provided by the aftermarket but a slight boost in tire pressure also helps.

IMO, the fun to drive quotient is right up there with my 1997 Acura GS-R, with a whole lot less work commuting, and a lot better fuel economy. The fit and finish of our specimen is flawless, again, on par with my Acura. These are some of the things we like about our Fit. Our dealers are getting a steady supply now and they sell quickly. As I do as on a motorcycle, I wave at other Fit owners, and an increasing number of them are in GKs.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT

I like how light it is.
I like how much fuel economy I get.
I like how much power it makes.
I like how much space it has for such a 'little' looking car.

Yes, I like everything about it.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I loved our '08 Fit (basic version), and almost decided against selling it, when we purchased our 2015 EX Fit. Considering the excellent MPG and the fact I loved shifting gears (which my daughter hated), I debated selling it, but in the end, decided I did not want to pay insurance on it every year.

Besides that, we already had the '07 Honda Odyssey that we could not live without (family vacations, etc). If I was going to take a long road trip, it would be the newer '15 over the older '08, with out hesitation. If I was just running down to the local store, I would take the '08, because shifting gears is fun.

My Wife on the other hand, drove the '08 fit daily back and forth to work. However, for medical reasons, she started having problems holding the clutch in during heavy traffic (rush hour). To remedy this we purchased her the Mazda CX-5/automatic, which appealed to my Wife BECAUSE it was made in Japan (not sure that will be the case next year).

Point is, each car has it's advantages and disadvantages, depending on your personal situation. I don't think one is better than the other, and I certainly don't criticize anyone for making whatever decision they make on which car to buy.

Last edited by Vanguard; 12-07-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
I can take the family and some stuff in it, or I can take a bunch of stuff.

It's light enough that it's peppy despite having so few horses.

It's so low powered that it can't burn much gas.

Getting a manual doesn't relegate you to the "no options" line.

It's a Honda.

It's cheap.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
What do I like about my Fit? Let me count the ways:
I have liked the way my '07 MT Sport drives
for two thousand eight hundred seventy nine days
(and counting)

It's a blast to go fast on every twist and turn
Shift those gears, forget all fears, and feel the burn!

I like the way my Storm Silver baby looks
even when covered with dust
She's carried me on all kinds of roads
and still no hint of rust.

I like the way she's huge inside
and swallows all my gear
Just right for an epic 4,433 mile trip
Hiking in Utah, earlier this year

When the wife said some household doors
needed to be replaced
I drove my Fit to the Home Depot store
waved my Magic Seats, closed the hatch,
and still had extra space

Practical, economical, reliable, and fun
Is there a better overall automotive package
anywhere under the sun?

Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM
It is sex on wheels

Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM
It was cheap and cheap to drive.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 AM
2012 Sport AT taffeta white 33K miles. Just picked it up last weekend. Have been shopping for a frugal yet fun to drive car for a few months.

Pros over 2015: Made in Japan, Non DI engine, Non CVT trans, Volume Knob. These are personal preferences of my own.

Pros in general: Very roomy and comfortable for 2 people to take a trip. Lots of storage and pockets and compartments, dash and layout are smart and easy to read. Easy to park and maneuver.

Pros over other econos: Yaris etc. Doesnt feel like an appliance. Sporty interior and exterior. Yaris in canada and other countries have the RS models and other sport models but USA does not. Fit/Jazz is worldwide success.

Bought this for me but wife already wants to sell her forester. (good for me).

Old 01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by krismoriah
2012 Sport AT taffeta white 33K miles. Just picked it up last weekend. Have been shopping for a frugal yet fun to drive car for a few months.

Pros over 2015: Made in Japan, Non DI engine, Non CVT trans, Volume Knob. These are personal preferences of my own.

Pros in general: Very roomy and comfortable for 2 people to take a trip. Lots of storage and pockets and compartments, dash and layout are smart and easy to read. Easy to park and maneuver.

Pros over other econos: Yaris etc. Doesnt feel like an appliance. Sporty interior and exterior. Yaris in canada and other countries have the RS models and other sport models but USA does not. Fit/Jazz is worldwide success.

Bought this for me but wife already wants to sell her forester. (good for me).
+1 to all your points

I would also add that parts and maintenance for the car are very inexpensive which I love

Old 01-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I know this. I'm saying, I'd rather the Fit go away entirely than see a bunch of '15s around.
That's got to be the dumbest statement ever. You got what you like and now nobody else should be able to do the same?

Old 01-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Wink Love this ride

My '08 Sport sacrificed its entire, dynamically disintegrated front end in an unavoidable collision just to protect my physical well-being. Kudos Honda! I was sold on the 2015 EX as I test-drove one off the lot, experiencing the distinctively 'nimble' balance of power and inertia. We took delivery in 8/14, and I swapped the stock tires for a set of Yokohamas to regain that preferred traction and ride. Above all, I am left-handed, and the left-handed drink holder makes the 2015 MY car! I'm from the Atlanta area, and since August, my wife and I have seen only a total of 4 2015 Fits (5, including a test driver) on the road. What's the big secret??

Last edited by Fitster C.; 01-22-2015 at 09:20 PM. Reason: re-position emoticon
Old 01-23-2015, 01:17 AM
....and, I like the way the 2015 Fit EX feels and looks like a shrunken CRV which, for us empty nesters, is a perfect Fit.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
What I like about my Fit (09 sport) is that it has been the lowest maintenance car I have ever owned. I have just followed the maintenance scheduled and never had one repair that I have had to do on the car. I have 113k miles on it and look forward to taking it to at least 200k.

Quick Reply: What you LIKE about your FIT???