Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Buerkle Honda, St Paul, MN

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Thumbs up Buerkle Honda, St Paul, MN

Picked up my new MR MT Sport last Friday. Just as ordered. The only con was a VERRRRRYYYY long long wait - 6 full months!! They only get about 3 Fits/month on average, and maybe one MT every other month...

Original sales guy was not the most responsive fellow, but he's gone now. Once I called and talked to the sales manager, they were quick to keep me appraised to the car's status, and they were right on the mark.

Points for being/having:

1) Very responsive once I talked to someone other than my original salesman;
2) No BS in the sale process. I didn't get any extras, but I didn't have to do a song and dance to do a straight MSRP purchase. The staff were very knowlegable, and were patient with all my many questions.
3) ZERO pressure for any extended warranty, undercoating, fabric protection, meteor deflectors, etc, etc. All they did was mention that an extended warranty was available, and if I was interested, they'd tell me more. I said no thanks, and they didn't raise the issue again. Much appreciated.
4) The destination charge was bumped up since I placed my order. I was waiting for me to try to to charge me the new destination charge. Nope - they gave me a credit for the difference without me even mentioning it. Honest folks, these people.

The only bummer was the was the loooonng wait,but that's more Honda, not this dealership. These folks will see my business again when it's time for another car.....

Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Also forgot to mention that they gave me a very fair trade in value on my car, well above the kbb 'trade in value', and just a few hundred below the kbb 'private party sale' value. Again, no haggling necessary and it only took about 10 minutes for them to look it over when I came to pick up the car. They gave me a good number and I took it (fwiw, it was a Mazda)

In reality, the net to me was very close to the 'private party' value, since the trade in was deducted from the car price - If I add in the amount I saved in taxes from the trade in, it just about netted out.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi there, I'm also thinking about trading in my 00 civic stock.
I was wondering how much did you pay, who did you talk to & how much did they give you for your car?(yr make model, miles & condition)

How long have you had it?
good bad review so far?
are you on honda-tech.com much?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Charlie Moua
Hi there, I'm also thinking about trading in my 00 civic stock.
I was wondering how much did you pay, who did you talk to & how much did they give you for your car?(yr make model, miles & condition)

How long have you had it?
good bad review so far?
are you on honda-tech.com much?
Straight MSRP - 15720, if I remember right. The car I had was an old Mazda 626 that had a bad muffler, and was starting to rust, incuding a bit of water coming thru at the top of the windshield on the passenger, and starting to burn a bit of oil. All that said, the car never failed me and continued to run well. As I said before, they gave me about 3/4 of the way between the trade in value and private party sale value for a vehicle in that condition - I called it 'Fair'. The amount they gave me came off of the sale price, such that the tax that I didn't have to pay made almost all of the difference off of the private party sale, and the process took about 10 extra minutes.

I've sold all of my prior vehicles privately, so I think I have a good handle on what I could have gotten for it had I done so. I may have been able to get a bit more, but not more than ~$200 or so considering.... Not worth the extra time/effort for me. Considering the demand for the Fit and that this was a relatively old car, they made a very fair offer.

The Fit is really nice and handles well - still being gentle with it until I put a few more miles on, but no complaints other than the usual (no dead pedal, armrest, etc.) Very happy so far - MPG on first tank was just under 34, mostly city, lots of varying of speed/rpms. At this point I have no regrets with the purchase/dealer. Again, the wait was the biggest issue - I went with Buerkle because my Dad has purchased several cars from them and has always been very happy. So am I

Old 12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
was your salesman chong?? hes my salesman and told me that i will be getting mine this month or next month...he better be right...

Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by ping_pong
was your salesman chong?? hes my salesman and told me that i will be getting mine this month or next month...he better be right...
No, his name was Andy, but he's not there anymore. I can't remember the name of the guy, but I THINK it's Gary.

Based on my experience, they don't seem to have much of a notion on when the car will be here until Honda tells them they have it allocated, which seems to be about 2-3 months out. From that point they're right on the money.

My car was ordered at the end of May. At that time they *guessed* September/October, but the emphasized to me that this was a guess.
I called about once a month afterwards, and got the same answer (they were still guessing and told me so). When I called in August, they said 'won't be October, we're guessing January'.

I called end of September, and I was finally on their November allocation. They said then car will be in by early December, MAYBE very late November, if it happens to get shipped right after build date. The car actually came in on Dec 5th if I remember right.

Long story short, I think Honda doesn't give them much much room for planning until pretty close before the car is built. Since they are saying in the next month, they probably will come thru. If in doubt, call them and confirm that you are actually on a specific months allocation. If you are, then you should be good to go.

You may be getting your car on the same shipment as my Dad - he saw my car and ordered its twin, color, tranny and all!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
So your dad is getting the exact as you too?? Mine is White/Sport AT...my salesman told that the one they have right now is another customers who was 10 days ahead of me and mine is currently being shipped right now. I'm guessing a 1-3 wks tops...