Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

California (Bay Area) Honda Dealers Suck

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Thumbs down California (Bay Area) Honda Dealers Suck

So far no one is co-operating. I'm willing to give them money. They aren't willing to take it. I'm not sure why, to be honest.

I've talked to more than 1 dealer and no one wants to help me out too much. Part of the problem is that they either have NO idea whats happening with the cars or they want some insane markup. BAH!!

Unit wants a Fit. Unit wants to secure one. Now. Why should it be this hard.

Anyone have information to the contrary?

Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Just wait until the car comes out, then you should no problem acquiring one.

My family had a great experience with San Bruno Honda and I have heard wonderful things about Menlo Honda.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm in the San Jose area. I'm not really worried about having a problem getting one. I just wanted to get one reserved and even that is a hassle.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 AM
So your problem is that no one is offering you a Fit for MSRP? Or that no one knows anything at those dealerships about what they are getting in?

Old 04-02-2006, 12:48 AM
i'm sorry to hear that unit. the dealership that i work at does not take deposits. it's really up to the managers, but i have no idea why not. if you want to come to socal, i'll help you get one though. hahaha

Old 04-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
So your problem is that no one is offering you a Fit for MSRP? Or that no one knows anything at those dealerships about what they are getting in?
It's a combination of both, really.

I think what made me the most irritated was the rudeness and crappy attitude. "You'll never get one without markup" was the essential attitude with everyone I talked to.

I've never really had good service at the local dealers, anyhow. I currently own a Civic Hybrid. Neither local dealer has been helpful with much of anything.

phillyb, which dealer in SoCal do you work for? I bought my last car at Norm Reeve's in HB.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:07 AM
I am in Fresno, about less then a 3 hour drive from the Bay Area if you want to get one from here. The dealer I got mine from has a pretty cool sales guy who is handling my transaction. He had no problem taking my deposit and offering the car to me for MSRP but wouldnt budge lower then that which in a way is understandable being that MSRP is probably at the most $1200 more then invoice.

Are you interested in a AT/MT? Base/Sport? The one I reserved is the only Sport MT in the Central Valley for at least a month. The dealer who I am getting mine through has one Sport AT coming in mid to late April but not sure of the color.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Looking for a Storm Silver Sport with the manual trans. White/black would be ok, too. I don't have a problem driving. I'm talking to some SoCal dealers, too.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Only dealers getting a Sport MT in Silver are Monterey and Glendale down in Socal. The reason I know this is because that is the exact Fit I wanted originally also but wasnt willing to drive to either location if I wasnt gonna get a better deal from either of those dealers. My local dealer is getting a MT Sport in Black on Black which is what I put my deposit down on. I can live with Black but not with any of those other bold colors like blue or copper orange.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:20 AM
My wife agree'd to me getting the car if it was silver or white. Kind of odd terms, but works for me. I've had black cars. Never again.

Looks like I might have to wait a bit. Not that big of a deal, I guess.

I have an '05 Civic Hybrid now, but the mileage just keeps going up (30k, which is high for an '05). Life goes on.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:23 AM
30k for one year's of driving is double the norm but not something I havent seen before.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
It's over double, but yeah... it's a lot. As you said, I'm not the only one that's done it.

I was living in Orange County and dating a girl in San Jose. Then living in San Jose and working in Orange County. 800 miles is one hell of a commute.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:01 AM
i spoke to a guy today who drives about 75k a year. that's a lot of driving.

unit...i work at first honda in simi valley, which is west of the san fernando valley.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I live up here in southern oregon, and I sell hondas at a dealership up here, we'd be happy to sell you one MSRP taking deposits ($500 on a cc works), we have 8 coming in and we can truck it down ;P

Honestly though, I'm from the bay area originally and I tend to go around to different dealerships and just check them and their staff out. There's a dealership in Santa Rosa called Manley Honda, and there's a salesperson I ghost shopped named Manish (pretty sure that's his name). He was very professional, Gold Certified by Honda; high sales volume with high customer satisfaction scores. They didn't appear to have markup on any of their vehicles, but I don't know their deposit policy.

Most dealerships should have a couple of vin numbers, and should actually be able to sign you up on one with a deposit (and should still be able to refuse the car if don't like it when it hits)

BTW, I've been to the fit ride and drive, the thing is awesome for what it is!

Last edited by RedRex; 04-02-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
30k for one year's of driving is double the norm but not something I havent seen before.
That's kind of ironic. You have a hybrid to lower your emission output to the world, but you drive double so it makes up for it. Of course I realize that if you had a normal car it would have more emmisions and you would still be driving the same amount, but it is still a little funny, don't you think?

Old 04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by KenClunk
That's kind of ironic. You have a hybrid to lower your emission output to the world, but you drive double so it makes up for it. Of course I realize that if you had a normal car it would have more emmisions and you would still be driving the same amount, but it is still a little funny, don't you think?
Well this is why I resprect honda more than toyota. Toyota did make hybrids popular w/ their prius, but they take waht they gave by making these huge trucks and SUV

Old 04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Bay Area dealerships

Unit,

We want the same model same color, but I'll probaly opt for the base so I will divulge my dealer to you just to help a fellow Fit lover out...

I've had mostly positive experiences in Alameda Co. An internet dealer at San Leandro Honda named Griselda took a deposit from me and let me know what they are expecting. My car should probably arrive late Apr. or early May (Storm Silver 5sp). Patrick Wang at El Cerrito Honda is also taking depostits but did not have as much info. The Berkeley Honda (Jim Doten?) is not taking deposits, but their salesman Chis is keeping me up to date on info (they have 1 vin so far for a red sport) and guessed they would sell at MSRP.
Only somewhat bad experience is Honda of Oakland. I've called, emailed, left messages declaring my interest and they always say they'll get back to me and have yet to do so. Too bad cuz I live in Oakland and would've wanted to support my town.

So if you are willing to drive just 30+ mins. north, no need to go to SoCal or Oregon (unless your dream model is going there and you don't want to steal mine). Good luck!

Old 04-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by KenClunk
You're making the assumption that I got a Hybrid because I'm a hippy. Assumptions are bad, mmmkay...

I actually bought my Hybrid for totally different reasons. Mostly it gets better (3+ times) mileage than my truck.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thats cool. Mmmkay. Speaking of which have you seen last weeks South Park episode?

Quick Reply: California (Bay Area) Honda Dealers Suck