Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Got a Fit in Cali... TODAY! (4-19)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Got a Fit in Cali... TODAY! (4-19)

Hi guys, this is my first post. I just came home from Roberton Honda in North Hollywood, CA. My girl just purchased a FIT. I've been lurking around the forums and now that we have one I decided to post.

The car is Milano red Sport Auto. Price? Well you guessed it, the dealer marked them up as soon as they rolled off the truck. Don't worry, we demanded they remove it and agreed to pay MSRP. The total was $16,520 + tax, and NO dealer fees.

They had 4 on the lot, 2 were pre-sold, and she took the red, so there is a blue base left. The car is SICK, the radio looks much better in person, and the magic seats are easy to use. It did feel kinda slow though. My Scion xB feels slightly faster, but I do have some mods.

Anyway, I'll try to get pics up as soon as possible. By the time you read this it'll probably be 4-20, so you can go see one for yourself, but I just feel special right now having one a day early

Peace

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
nice dude. cali rocks everyone socks. it felt so good when i got mine yesterday.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:15 AM
how much you fellas pay with tax and registration fees?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
nice dude. cali rocks everyone socks. it felt so good when i got mine yesterday.
I see the update, but shouldn't you be completely changing your sig. Congrats.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by tywen
xB is currently top of my list....

Do you have a auto xB? You really think the xB is quicker than
the FIT Sport Auto? Hopefully you're comparing Auto trans to Auto trans.
Yes, my xB is an Auto. This was just a quick test using the butt-dyno, but the Fit felt as strong at 5k rpms as my box feels at 4k. Could be the different gearing of the 5-speed auto, but the revs seemed high just to get moving with traffic. Gotta really wait until after the break-in period.

I love the car though, the lights, the radio, it just looks amazing inside. The xB is cold and dark with one small gauge pod near the center. The Fit makes you feel like you're in a much more expensive car.

It's also not as stiff of a ride as I expected. It corners almost as good as my box, and I'm running a stage1 Hotchkis suspension! Putting any kind of drop on the Fit would be for pure looks, or racing. No need for springs on the Fit. It's surprisingly low to the ground. The stock springs don't give it that off-road look.... Like a Yaris or xA.

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 02:42 AM
you ****er, it's all about first honda in simi valley, not robertson. hahaha
just joking congrats on your purchase

Old 04-20-2006, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
hows the paddle shifting? i was messing around with the black one they had while i was waiting for my car getting washed. when i drove my car it was a lil quicker than i expected. 2nd gear kinda sucks. but every thing else is cool. btw wut the hell is the seat belt in the back for? (when you open the hatch up above left side).

Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
That would be for the middle seat. They have to store it out of the way, so you can do the magic-seat-flippy-thing.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
ahhh. i see. thank you dewalt.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I was trippin' on that overhead seatbelt too. When we test drove the car they didn't have it locked in, so it was swinging around up there. Now that I figured out how to tuck it away i forget it's even there.

The paddle shifter are cool, but do nothing for acceleration. You're better off just putting it in drive. I haven't had a chance to test it on the freeway, but they should help with passing and such.

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by phillyb
you ****er, it's all about first honda in simi valley, not robertson. hahaha
just joking congrats on your purchase
I actually work down the street from First Honda in Simi, but live closer to Robertson.

How's the service dept. at First Honda? The sales guys are cool at Robertson, but the service dept. sucks!

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
it seems no one has a white sports automatic within los angeles... if u know any dealer that has one plz let me know

Last edited by 4dr4life!; 04-20-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

By the way, the best thing about the Honda Fit is that even at 70 mph, the car is still reasonably quiet and still has decent acceleration power. I've test-driven a Scion xB and frankly, at above 60 mph the drone of the engine and the wind noise makes it not very pleasant to drive.

If I were Toyota I would kibosh that current 1.5-liter VVT-i engine for a more modern, quieter 1.5-liter I-4 and bring over a US-legal version of the Toyota Ractis "tall wagon" to sell as the Scion xA successor, complete with CVT automatic! That vehicle could steal a lot of sales from the Fit, especially since the Ractis is a more modern design than the Fit.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
By the way, the best thing about the Honda Fit is that even at 70 mph, the car is still reasonably quiet and still has decent acceleration power. I've test-driven a Scion xB and frankly, at above 60 mph the drone of the engine and the wind noise makes it not very pleasant to drive.

If I were Toyota I would kibosh that current 1.5-liter VVT-i engine for a more modern, quieter 1.5-liter I-4 and bring over a US-legal version of the Toyota Ractis "tall wagon" to sell as the Scion xA successor, complete with CVT automatic! That vehicle could steal a lot of sales from the Fit, especially since the Ractis is a more modern design than the Fit.
I feel ya.

Too bad they've already captured photos of the test-mule 2007/2008 xB. It's already getting a re-design, and word is it has the 2.4 tC engine Good bye gas mileage!

Buzzy or not, I'll keep my rebadged 2nd gen bB. The new version of Scion xB is supposed to be a bigger, more "americanized" version. Can you say Honda Element.

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by THE_DON
I feel ya.

Too bad they've already captured photos of the test-mule 2007/2008 xB. It's already getting a re-design, and word is it has the 2.4 tC engine Good bye gas mileage!
Actually, I've heard the new xB will be based on the next-generation Toyota Corolla platform and will use the new Corolla engines. This means gas mileage will still be reasonable because you know Toyota will make major improvements to the engine on the new Corolla.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I actually work down the street from First Honda in Simi, but live closer to Robertson.

How's the service dept. at First Honda? The sales guys are cool at Robertson, but the service dept. sucks!

-THE DON
our service dept rocks. open six days a week, and we'll shuttle you back to work if you need it. my name is phil, come in and see me, i'll introduce you to the service deptartment

Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by 4dr4life!
it seems no one has a white sports automatic within los angeles... if u know any dealer that has one plz let me know
i can pm you when i get one in simi valley. is that fair enough?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by phillyb
our service dept rocks. open six days a week, and we'll shuttle you back to work if you need it. my name is phil, come in and see me, i'll introduce you to the service deptartment
Sounds good.

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Wink

Hi guys, this is my first post. I just came home from Roberton Honda in North Hollywood, CA. My girl just purchased a FIT. I've been lurking around the forums and now that we have one I decided to post.

The car is Milano red Sport Auto. Price? Well you guessed it, the dealer marked them up as soon as they rolled off the truck. Don't worry, we demanded they remove it and agreed to pay MSRP. The total was $16,520 + tax, and NO dealer fees.

They had 4 on the lot, 2 were pre-sold, and she took the red, so there is a blue base left. The car is SICK, the radio looks much better in person, and the magic seats are easy to use. It did feel kinda slow though. My Scion xB feels slightly faster, but I do have some mods.

Anyway, I'll try to get pics up as soon as possible. By the time you read this it'll probably be 4-20, so you can go see one for yourself, but I just feel special right now having one a day early

Peace

-THE DON
so what is the out of the door price???? can you please tell me???

Old 04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by erinmeow
so what is the out of the door price???? can you please tell me???
I believe it was about $18,056 out the door. Don't have the paper in front of me.

-THE DON

Quick Reply: Got a Fit in Cali... TODAY! (4-19)