Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Best Chicagoland dealer! Pualy Honda, Libertyville IL., USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Best Chicagoland dealer! Pualy Honda, Libertyville IL., USA!

I have to say that I just finished the best car buying experience I have ever had! Todd Vogel at Pauly Honda in Libertyville is the guy to see if you are interested in getting a good deal with none of the high pressure sales tactics, slick numbers games, or general typical car buying games.

First of all, I have to say I never even met Todd until I went to sign the paperwork and pick up my new car! That is right! I ordered the car and did the whole deal by telephone! After spending several hours checking out the Fit at a dealer close by, and not likeing the high pressure sales or the $3000 in "extras" already installed on the cars ($200 for the cargo net?!!? Come on!) I started calling around. Some dealers would not even talk price unless I came in! Others quoted a take it or leave it price and acted like they could care less if I bought from them or not.

Todd was different right from the start. He took time to find out whatI wanted, then did his best to meet my wants.

I originally ordered a blue base automatic with no dealer added extras for $150 off of the sticker price, putting down a$200 credit card deposit. He said that he would try to do a dealer trade for the one I wanted to speed up the process so I did not have to wait until August. This was on Mothers Day. After several days of trying to do a trade, he came up empty. He called me and informed me of this, and said that they already had a VBP automatic on order (due in the middle of June) that they would be willing to let me have instead. I was worried that this would be the time they would try to change the discount off of list, but they didn't even try! The same discount would apply to the sport. I know they make a few dollars more on the sport, but I was fine with that as I really wanted my Fit! BTW, if anyone is looking for a VBP automatic base, they have one on order that has not yet been spoken for!

Then came the call I had been waiting for, that the Fit was in and I could come pick it up! Packed up the family and off to the dealership we went!

Todd had everything ready for us, went through all the paperwork and explained everything to my satisfaction. I told him about the other dealers tactics and he said they don't beleive in doing that stuff at Pauly Honda. I asked him about the extended service contract, and he showed me the Honda Care sheet with the list prices. I showed him what I had found through my research here and at other places. 8 years/120,000 miles for $905. He did not try to do any salesman games, just said he wanted to show it to the finance manager and see if he would match it so that I could roll it into the payments. He did not promise one way or the other. while he took it to the finance guy, we completed the credit application and he took that to get approved. Talking to the finance guy and Todd on the phone, giving them out credit scores, they had estimated a loan in the 7 percent range.

Several minutes later, Todd returned and gave us the good news that out load was approved in the 5 percent range and that we were ready to go see the finance manager to sign the paperwork. We go to his office, and he has all the paperwork ready, including the extended service contract matching the price we had brought in with us. No hidden fees, no extras, just an honest deal for a great car! Instead of overpromising and underdelivering, they only promised what they would deliver!

Todd then took us to the car and showed us everything. Unlike some of the salesman who had showed us the Honda's, Toyota's, and Hyundai's, he reallywas knowledgable about the car he was selling. He also informed us that this was the first Fit he had sold and delivered!

Sorry if this sounds like an infomercial for these guys, but I just think that they are by far the best place in the Chicagoland area to buy a Honda!

If you do give Todd a call, tell him that Bill and Lori, his first Fit sale, sent you, that you read it on FitFreak, and that I told him to treat you right!

Old 06-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by brdss
I have to say that I just finished the best car buying experience I have ever had! Todd Vogel at Pauly Honda in Libertyville is the guy to see if you are interested in getting a good deal with none of the high pressure sales tactics, slick numbers games, or general typical car buying games.

First of all, I have to say I never even met Todd until I went to sign the paperwork and pick up my new car! That is right! I ordered the car and did the whole deal by telephone! After spending several hours checking out the Fit at a dealer close by, and not likeing the high pressure sales or the $3000 in "extras" already installed on the cars ($200 for the cargo net?!!? Come on!) I started calling around. Some dealers would not even talk price unless I came in! Others quoted a take it or leave it price and acted like they could care less if I bought from them or not.

Todd was different right from the start. He took time to find out whatI wanted, then did his best to meet my wants.

I originally ordered a blue base automatic with no dealer added extras for $150 off of the sticker price, putting down a$200 credit card deposit. He said that he would try to do a dealer trade for the one I wanted to speed up the process so I did not have to wait until August. This was on Mothers Day. After several days of trying to do a trade, he came up empty. He called me and informed me of this, and said that they already had a VBP automatic on order (due in the middle of June) that they would be willing to let me have instead. I was worried that this would be the time they would try to change the discount off of list, but they didn't even try! The same discount would apply to the sport. I know they make a few dollars more on the sport, but I was fine with that as I really wanted my Fit! BTW, if anyone is looking for a VBP automatic base, they have one on order that has not yet been spoken for!

Then came the call I had been waiting for, that the Fit was in and I could come pick it up! Packed up the family and off to the dealership we went!

Todd had everything ready for us, went through all the paperwork and explained everything to my satisfaction. I told him about the other dealers tactics and he said they don't beleive in doing that stuff at Pauly Honda. I asked him about the extended service contract, and he showed me the Honda Care sheet with the list prices. I showed him what I had found through my research here and at other places. 8 years/120,000 miles for $905. He did not try to do any salesman games, just said he wanted to show it to the finance manager and see if he would match it so that I could roll it into the payments. He did not promise one way or the other. while he took it to the finance guy, we completed the credit application and he took that to get approved. Talking to the finance guy and Todd on the phone, giving them out credit scores, they had estimated a loan in the 7 percent range.

Several minutes later, Todd returned and gave us the good news that out load was approved in the 5 percent range and that we were ready to go see the finance manager to sign the paperwork. We go to his office, and he has all the paperwork ready, including the extended service contract matching the price we had brought in with us. No hidden fees, no extras, just an honest deal for a great car! Instead of overpromising and underdelivering, they only promised what they would deliver!

Todd then took us to the car and showed us everything. Unlike some of the salesman who had showed us the Honda's, Toyota's, and Hyundai's, he reallywas knowledgable about the car he was selling. He also informed us that this was the first Fit he had sold and delivered!

Sorry if this sounds like an infomercial for these guys, but I just think that they are by far the best place in the Chicagoland area to buy a Honda!

If you do give Todd a call, tell him that Bill and Lori, his first Fit sale, sent you, that you read it on FitFreak, and that I told him to treat you right!
I'm really glad to hear that your experience at Pauly Honda wasvery positive. I would also like to share my experience that Im currently having at Fletcher Jones Honda in Chicago.

My salesman "Uncle Marty" Marty Steadman has really gone above and beyond the call of duty on this one. Previously visited a suburban dealer and was able to test drive a BOM Sport with Family in tow. And once satisified with the test drive we decided to go ahead and place an order. This is where things got interesting.

When the sales person at this suburban Honda dealer said they did not have any VBP Sport Auto coming in till late August, I looked at my wife and decided that was way too long to wait for a car. Not only was is too long but they insisted that they car came with a particular package which we were not interested in at all. That being said I decided to go the next step.

Being that I work downtown I took a stab and called Fletcher Jones. The sales person "Uncle Marty" said why don't I stop in and we can discuss. Since I had a lunch break coming up I decided to go in and talk to him.

First I told him what my price was going to be, I also explained to him the previous experience I had with the other dealer. He went on to say that at his dealership they don't believe in those tactics since most of the people that walk in are pretty self-informed customers and know what they want. After talking or about 1/2 hour we came to an agreement.

Though the car still had to be ordered and delivery was still promised around early August, the overall experience was very positive and based on that we decided to order. This was around 5/17/06. A week later "Uncle Marty" gives me a call as a courtesy asking me if I was interested in a MBP Sport Auto. After about a 2 minute discussion with my wife, we decided that we really wantedt the VBP.

Just last week I get another call from "Uncle Marty" letting me know that my VBP Sport Auto will be here in a couple of weeks. He mentioned to me that they too had some wheelin 'n' dealin and were able to get me the car sooner that what we anticipated.

Talk about happy, we could hardly contain ourselves. The best part so far we would have to say is that we have been completely satisified with the experience and can't wait to pick up the car. Our OTD price was just shy of 18K and that includes Taxes/Title & Plates.

If anyone out there needs a Chicago Honda dealer give "Uncle Marty" Marty Steadman a call at Fletcher Jones Honda and tell him Bryan w/Vivid Blue Pearl Fit sent you

Old 06-19-2006, 03:33 PM
ViViDbLeU, good to hear that you also found a dealer that was willing to work with you instead of just waiting for sales to fall in your lap. It sounds like your Honda dealer had a version/color on order that another dealer wanted. From what I understand, that is about the only way to get them to do a dealer trade and speed up the delivery date of your car. In this case, it seems like the bigger dealers have an edge, as they are given more cars that they can then wheel and deal with! If a small dealer only gets to order 2 or 3 Fits, then it is harder for them to do dealer trades.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Anybody deal with Todd yet? Just curios if this post helped anyone hook up with a good salesman and dealership!

Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Thumbs up Community Honda of Orland Park...

Hey Guys...

I just got my Honda Fit on Wed. night after taking a hour out of my day to call up 30 Honda Dealerships within 70 miles of me.

I called up Community Honda at 3pm and they Denis Fritch said that he just had a white one that was rolling off the truck as he was speaking with me.

He said it wasn't accounted for yet and had no deposit yet. The 2 blacks ones that had arrived in the morning were already sold and so I gave him a $500 depost over the phone.

I liked his willingness to assist me concering the Fit. Many of the other dealerships I called just laughed and said it's a 3 months wait and woudln't even do any research in to seeing if they had any comming in that weren't taken. Some said they weren't even taking requests down for anymore until they could catch up with their demand.

Denis was nice and quick when it came to getting me out of there as fast as possible. Most car purchases take forever and it just drags on, I was out in a hour flat and on my way home.

Overall I was verry happy with the dealership as a whole and their sales associates.

If anyone lives in the Chicago area and is still searching for a Fit. I would contact them because I got mine with no wait at all. It was a 5 hours wait for mine from the time I spoke with him on the phone unitl the second I drove it off the lot.

PS. I checked Pauly Honda in Libertyville and they didn't have any, at least as of this week, I'm surprised you were able to find one.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Thumbs up Your Dealer Experience

Hey Fituser,

Great to hear that you didn't have a difficult time getting your FIT.

I was wondering though did you have a FIT in particular that you wanted or were just looking for a FIT. Reason why I ask is that some of us were waiting so either a particular model/color. When I went to Fletcher Jones they too told me about the wait, but I ended up getting the car within a month.

The dealer did have to do some online trades to get me my car to which I was very satisfied with the service they provided.

Anyways, its great that you got your FIT and maybe we can go cruising since I notice you too are in the Plainfield area

Originally Posted by Fituser
Hey Guys...

I just got my Honda Fit on Wed. night after taking a hour out of my day to call up 30 Honda Dealerships within 70 miles of me.

I called up Community Honda at 3pm and they Denis Fritch said that he just had a white one that was rolling off the truck as he was speaking with me.

He said it wasn't accounted for yet and had no deposit yet. The 2 blacks ones that had arrived in the morning were already sold and so I gave him a $500 depost over the phone.

I liked his willingness to assist me concering the Fit. Many of the other dealerships I called just laughed and said it's a 3 months wait and woudln't even do any research in to seeing if they had any comming in that weren't taken. Some said they weren't even taking requests down for anymore until they could catch up with their demand.

Denis was nice and quick when it came to getting me out of there as fast as possible. Most car purchases take forever and it just drags on, I was out in a hour flat and on my way home.

Overall I was verry happy with the dealership as a whole and their sales associates.

If anyone lives in the Chicago area and is still searching for a Fit. I would contact them because I got mine with no wait at all. It was a 5 hours wait for mine from the time I spoke with him on the phone unitl the second I drove it off the lot.

PS. I checked Pauly Honda in Libertyville and they didn't have any, at least as of this week, I'm surprised you were able to find one.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Hello, actuley I was just asking tons of dealerships if they had any Fit's that weren't taken and they all said no. I personally wanted either Black, Silver or White. But I was just asking them in general if they had any for sale and it turned out that this Honda had one that wasn't taken yet. If it wasn't a color I wanted though I wouldn't have taken it. Do you live in Plainfield or near here?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I do live in Plainfield