Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

sad story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy *update* Honda World Doweny Rocks!!! check post #8

I've been dealing with Norm Reves in Cerritos for about 3 weeks. They just called me last week and said that there would be a NBP M/T Sport (excatly what i'm looking for) coming in on thursday or friday (yesterday and today) so i was really excited to hear this news because people here on FitFreak have been talking about how difficult it is to come by a M/T and and even getting their hands on a Fit in general so I thought to myself "how lucky am I to get a the exact Fit that i want" in less than a month when others have to settle for and A/T, a different color, or even have to wait 2-4 months". The lady I was working with, Ella, said that trucks can come at two time, at 6:30 AM or at 10:00 PM. So thursday came and i woke up at about 7:00 to get ready because she told me that she would be in at 7:30 and that she would call me (dealership opened at 9 but she would let me in early if car was there). finished geting ready and she never called me. It was now 8 Am and so I decided to call her. she picked up her cell and she said that se was on her way to work and that she would call someone there to see if that car was there. She calld me back and said the car wasn't there. Later that night i called her at !0:00 PM to ask if the truck came in, it didn't. She told me that she would call me in this morning (friday) at 7:30 to tell me if the car came in or not. I did the same thing that I did yesterday, she never called so a 8:00 i called her and she said that she was on her way to work (late again) an that she would have to call me after she spoke to someone at the dealership... she called me back and she said that two cars came in that were A/T but one was NBP. So i told her that i wanted to test drive the car anyways since i was up so early and didn't have work till 11. So I went in and test drove the car with her and she asked how i liked it and i told her that I liked it very much (nice smooth ride, lots of cargo space, inside is bigger then i though it would be). We went back into the dealership and I asked her when the NBP M/T would be coming and she said that the M/T would be Lunar Mist... so I was so very very very disappointed to her that phrase that keeps ringing in my head... she said that to get a NBP M/T,i would have to wait at least 3 weeks... everything from there on out was a blur to me... my stomach hurts... i think i'm calling in sick to work...

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 04-03-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Wait the three weeks and get exactly what you want, I promise it will be worth it!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, i will wait the 3 weeks but I really don't think that it will be that soon... with all this talk about how hard it is to get a M/T. I've heared that sports are easier to come by but i still hear that their really hard to come by....

Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
They're very hard, but hopefully you stumbled across one. I've heard stories of folks waiting for 3 months, and there is the opposite side where people walk onto the lot and drive out that day! It's all luck.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Yeah... I Need To Find Me A Four Leaf Clover And A Couple Of Rabbits Feet...

Old 08-12-2006, 10:56 AM
You think that is bad . My girlfriend and I have went to at least 5 dealerships and still have not even seen one yet!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Sorry To Here That... It's A Beautiful Car. I Hope You're Able To See One Soon.... I Emailed A Bunch Of Honda Dealerships Last Night And One Called Me Back Today Saying That He'll Have A Nbp M/t In 10-14 Days, So I'm Going There Today To Put A Deposite On It And The Guy Said He'd Give Me The Vin Number:d... I'm Pretty Pumped About It:d:d:d... This Guy Seems Really Nice And Even The Receptionist Who Answers The Phone In The Lobby Is Really Nice + They Are Selling The Car For $650 Less Then They Were At Norm Reves In Cerritos... I Hope I Don't Get Dooped Again... I'll Keep You Guys Posted. :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d :d:d

Old 08-13-2006, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
hey guys! went to the dealership and signed the contract. got the vin number and all... long story short... got the car I wanted. the dealership said it would take between 10-14 days. but the i guy i dealed with actully said it would probably take 6 days. the people at honda world Downy Ca are very nice people. i recomend you guys to that dealership. everyone is so nice and don't pressure you one bit... the guys name that i worked with was one of the internet managers. his name is Vincent Santos, realy cool guy... but really anyone at that dealer i'm sure will be able to help you guys (i stress all very nice and friendly and helpful. but just know that if you deal with the internet depatment they can get it cheaper then the regular sales people. ok now the wait. i'll keep you guys posted and tell you how picking up the car goes.

p.s. i've also heared (from two family memberrs that bought two accords from them back in 2001) that their service department have really nice people too and that Honda World Downy Ca has recieved many certificates and awards for customer service... THEY ARE THE SH*T!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Have you contacted Tim Marburger Honda in Albermarle? They had a few come in last week.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

actully no i didn't... but i'm good cause i'm already geting the fit my dreams... haha

Old 08-15-2006, 12:58 AM
You are SO lucky. Ive been waiting for 1.5 months!

Old 08-15-2006, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i know. I got really lucky finding a NBP Fit Sport, but even more lucky finding a M/T.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
I Got My Car!

I got my car guys! I actully got it on tuesday last week (08/22/2006, one of the happiest days of my life). Sorry for the late up date but i've just been so0o0o0o frekin' busy lately. anyways... it's great. so yeah i would refer Vincent to anyone. because he got me my car fast and easy.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 04-03-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
yeah i know. I got really lucky finding a NBP Fit Sport, but even more lucky finding a M/T.
What does NPB mean? Thanks.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justme
What does NPB mean? Thanks.
NBP = Nighthawk Black Pearl

Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
hey guys! went to the dealership and signed the contract. got the vin number and all... long story short... got the car I wanted. the dealership said it would take between 10-14 days. but the i guy i dealed with actully said it would probably take 6 days. the people at honda world Downy Ca are very nice people. i recomend you guys to that dealership. everyone is so nice and don't pressure you one bit... the guys will be able to help you guys (i stress all very nice and friendly and helpfname that i worked with was one of the internet managers. his name is Vincent Santos, realy cool guy... but really anyone at that dealer i'm sure ul. but just know that if you deal with the internet depatment they can get it cheaper then the regular sales people. ok now the wait. i'll keep you guys posted and tell you how picking up the car goes.

p.s. i've also heared (from two family memberrs that bought two accords from them back in 2001) that their service department have really nice people too and that Honda World Downy Ca has recieved many certificates and awards for customer service... THEY ARE THE SH*T!!!
Honda World Downey gets a BIG thumbs up! James Next time your their talk to the GSM Steve Shabazian, tell him Chris said to give you a couple free oil changes

Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

WOW! He would really do that for me? and just to make sure...GSM = General Sales Manager right?

Old 08-30-2006, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
congrats! im jealous!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

:d:d:dthanks!:d:d:d

Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I had an appointment at 8AM this morning to have my upgraded alarm installed but I got there a 8:20. I asked the guy what the window was for the install and he said 2 hours. I told him that I had school at 11:00 and that my school was about a 45 min. drive from the dealership with traffic and he said that he'd make sure that I was out ASAP. As a matter of fact, my car was ready at 9:45AM and It was washed. ... just another experience at Honda World Downy that never ceases to amaze me... the guy helped me set up the appointment was John and the person helped me at the service department was Jodi (he's a guys. he helped me in place of John because John was off today)

Honda world Downy is the $#!t!!!! ...again

Also, does anyone know if I can edit the title of this thread?
I was thinking something along the lines of, "sad story... that ends happy", because it was a sad stroy with a happy ending. haha!

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 09-07-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: sad story...