Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Did not like my review!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Did not like my review!

Recently got 5000mi check up. The "dealer" thru American Honda sent out the standard "survey"...
Finished giving the survey and sent it in. It got an above average mark. No one ever gets a 150% from me. And, I did mention the fact that the $1000+ over MSRP was something I did NOT like.
I just rec'd a call from said dealership and was told that since I did not give them a 100% I should NEVER bring my new Fit back for any kind of service!
The "dealership" shall remain nameless since I had oops... (HAVE) a relative working there. I think that this DOOFUS Service Manager should at the very least send me a letter of appology and personally invite me back. When I did go to the dealer it was for a warranty repair: the passenger side widow squirter only hit on the lower 2 inches of the window. They grudgingly replaced it. I also talked to the service manager a Mr. .... and complained about the series of scratches behind the front license plate on the bumper. He told me at that time that they should have probably screwed it straight into the bumper like everyone else did since American Honda recommends this in their book for their cars now... then I would have had a screw hole in the bumper.
I called American Honda @ 1800-999-1009. Sorry looser!
They said that they could probably do nothing since Honda dealers are independent of Honda... in other words THEY JUST DO NOT CARE! The district rep will call me...
BTW has anyone heard of the class action lawsuit on Honda for the transmission problems??
hOLD ON... a few years ago I got involved in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT with a Auto insurance agency and got a few hundred dollars from it... keep the faith... and sign on!

Last edited by docjim2; 11-10-2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Btw

Retired US Navy vet... and this happened right before Veterans Day! Got a call from the regional guy but all I expect to do is get this dealer noticed.
11-13-06 just finished talking to the district rep for this area in the SE. Although they CANNOT do anything themselves since the dealerships are independently owned they do take such customer complaints seriously. So IF anyone has a legitimate complaint then:

CALL AMERICAN HONDA see my first post.

BTW I have bought five (5) cars from this dealership starting with a 1988 Honda Accord 4dr mt that had about 85000 miles on it when I bought it. 1992 Accord 4dr 4cyl. Two 2000 Accord Coupes (4cyl which I didn't like, and my latest v6). And my newest addition: 2007 Blue Fit base model.

Last edited by docjim2; 11-13-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh, and I am not at present time going to get a magnetic sign to put on the side of my car saying that the dealership has poor customer service... there is a special person at the dealership that I don't want to lose his job in retalliation...

Old 11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Wow Jim, that sounds like you received some very poor service. Why do you keep going back to them if that's how you're treated?

I myself wouldn't tolerate such behavior from people that call themselves supposed "professionals".

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
it is a little shelfish... got 'employe discount' until I pissed them off... Now the nearest dealer is over 23 miles away! Not a prob with the oil changes, heck I can go to one of the shops and take my oil (Mobile 1) with me and watch the techs closely. Otherwise I am going to have to pay regular price... darn! Remember that a mini vs max service will cost in excess of $250. This dealer would let me piecemeal so it was easier to afford; after all I work for the Federal government and an on a fixed income so to speak.
NO, after that treatment I will most definitely NOT go back. Am not a glutton for punishment. I have heard the dealer may be going down as three people that work there for many years quit recently. This is the dealer that has a couple of Fits on it's lot. Oh well, the 'bottom line' is the bottom line isn't it??