Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

the stickies are starting to get annoying

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
the stickies are starting to get annoying

So I have noticed that the stickies are accumulating greatly in the forums and it is quite annoying. Even with 1600x1200 res I have to scroll past 3 or 4 of them to be able to see the first new thread. In the "Fit Inside" forum, there is 11 stickies. Some of them are really trivial, like floormat diy, vtec light install, etc.

Maybe we can make one FAQ and DIY thread stickied, and provide links to all the posts that are currently stickied and more. This is how we have done it on honda-tech in the civic forum: Honda-Tech.com: Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)

Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Banned
Simple if you don't like stickies just go to the top of the page and click "NEW POSTS" never have to look at a sticky again.

Just look at the forum members don't bother to search or look at old posts the stickied posts are subjects that have been COVERED TO DEATH and it makes it easy to direct non searching noobies where to look for the same old questions over and over and over again.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:36 PM
bump

I agree... this forum is organized horribly and the stickies are almost pointless IMO. I know others will argue.

The point of stickies is to put a lot of information in a single spot, and keep it organized. Nobody creates good stickies on here... a topic gets covered well throughout large threads, so they just sticky the entire thread as is and keep it open. So you end up with a 20 page sticky with good information sprinkled throughout the thread, along with useless bickering and bad information too (sometimes).

I am a member of MANY car forums and a vendor on some, and the organization of this one disappoints me most. In fact, I started searching for other Fit forums the other day to see if there was a better one.

I just wanted to pass my opinion onto the moderators. If moderators would like help organizing information let me know, I would not mind searching through for the truly good threads and truly good posts - and creating a thread that brings it all together. Then that thread with all the info should be CLOSED.... the point of a sticky is to contain useful information in one spot, if users want to discuss the topic or bicker about something it should go in another thread. If that thread turns out to be good / useful for others to read... perhaps it can be linked to in the sticky.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Or... why not just make an "archive" area/forum for all the major useful threads.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
To add: I especially like the "what did your Fit get for Christmas" sticky

In all seriousness, there should be an FAQ sticky containing information from most of the stickied threads (engine break-in, odometer lawsuit, WTB accessories, lug nut pattern, stock offset, what octane to get, etc etc). Those threads can be linked in the FAQ sticky along with the answer, then should be un-stickied. They can read the question, read the answer (or "general answer" based on forum consensus), then click the link if they want to read the discussion or participate in the discussion.

There should be an FI sticky with info to-date on Turbo kits and SC kits... then link to current discussions on those kits. Perhaps the sellers of the kits can provide summary information for the sticky so the user does not have to necessarily go through the long threads to find general info on the kits (cost, dyno, install info, etc).

There should be a bolt-on sticky containing info on: exhausts, intakes, short throw shifters, etc. There would be links to all the current stickies, along with some quick info on: who makes the parts, where can you buy them, what the price range is for the part, etc.

Just my opinion. I know all of that info is out there already, but its scattered at best and hard to find.... I just think there should be 1 sticky with many links and information - and the sticky is not for discussion, rather, just a place to find info quickly and a little easier than using the search function.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM
bump
I am interested as to what the moderators say about the stickies

Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I agree most stickies on here don't even have all the important information relocated to the first post in the thread. They are useless.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Simple if you don't like stickies just go to the top of the page and click "NEW POSTS" never have to look at a sticky again.

Just look at the forum members don't bother to search or look at old posts the stickied posts are subjects that have been COVERED TO DEATH and it makes it easy to direct non searching noobies where to look for the same old questions over and over and over again.
my thoughts exactly. although, often people start threads that are already covered in a stickied thread