Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

DOUBLE CLICK problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Banned
DOUBLE CLICK problems

I recently have been having the problem of not being able to return to the original page using the back button. Starting at one page and click on the post you want to read, finish reading the post and click on the back button to return to the original forum. But it NOW DOESN'T GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORUM BECAUSE THERE ARE 4 or 5 of these

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/Fitfreak/

between the post and the original forum. You have to either click the back button 4 or 5 times or click the arrow near the back button and select the original forum from the list BYPASSING THE STUPID DOUBLECLICK ADD SITES. Why do there keep appearing in the list of sites visited when I never went to them HOW DO WE GET RID OF THEM SO YOU CAN USE THE BACK BUTTON WITHOUT CLICKING BACK 4 OR 5 TIMES????????

READING SEVERAL POSTS A DAY IT GETS VERY ANNOYING.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
if you have tabs., try them out-
it makes it easier, bc all you do ,, well on an apple is
hold the apple button and click the link,
itll open a new tab, and then you can go where ever you want ,
when you are done just close the tab and your right back to the original listing

PS, it seems this new site isnt going over well lol
am i correct on that one?

Last edited by billmus86; 05-09-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added a PS
Old 05-09-2008, 11:12 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i wonder if you are getting pop-ups?
and they are showng in your history?
if your computer is blocking them - you may never actually see them
it might be a virus/spyware on your computer rather than the websites problem

it may seem that way (as the forum) causing it, but its the spyware already on your computer pulling ads on that "match" your browsing,

are you running windows?

if you are try running ad-aware- its a free program that should help

Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
hmm, im not having that problem. I know my work comp would do that on Honda-tech but not on this site.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
Why should I have to change my viewing methods I know all about tabs and why should any one be forced into using them. BTW I know computers and THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM it's not a virus or anything wrong with my computer it's good old DOUBLECLICK again.

Just google for doubleclicks and you will find that everybody HATES doubleclick so bad there are whole forums devoted to blocking them and the problems that they cause.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Why should I have to change my viewing methods I know all about tabs and why should any one be forced into using them. BTW I know computers and THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM it's not a virus or anything wrong with my computer it's good old DOUBLECLICK again.

Just google for doubleclicks and you will find that everybody HATES doubleclick so bad there are whole forums devoted to blocking them and the problems that they cause.
im not saying you should change the way you browse, its a newer feature of most browsers, so some people might not know about it,

also doubleclick RUNS on spyware, lol, here is a quote from wikipedia, yes wikipedia, i know anyone can change it, but honestly dont try to use that as an excuse not to believe it,
DoubleClick is often linked with the controversy over spyware because browser HTTP cookies are set to track users as they travel from website to website and record what commercial advertisements they view and select while browsing. [7]
According to a San Francisco IT consulting group, although DoubleClick does offer an opt-out page, this only affects cookies; DoubleClick continues to track users via IP addresses
and BTW, if you "know computers", than you should know that any kind of ad, thats NOT contained in the page YOU directed YOURSELF to, meaning a ad in a popup, or a new webpage that is an ad, you should know that you are browsing with spyware.

on a side note:
im a bit "concerned" that you started a thread asking for opinions and help, then freaked out on the people who gave you advice?
i understand now why people are confused by you, i am now also lost at what your motive is here, is it strictly to yell at people?
i have positively repped you before for standing your ground, but this is ridiculous.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
info for anyone:
basically the only way to NOT have this happen to you,
is DONT click any of the ads on the site,
as they are linked to your browsing already
if you notice some make no sense at first...
like a freak ringtone...
but then freak is a common word used on the forum, (duh) and the ad host thinks you might be interested in something with freaks,
once you click the ad the cookie is downloaded, and you are screwed lol
you can try to delete your cookies, but if there is something outside of your cookie folder, and stored somewhere else on your computer, there is a chance that the remote file will monitor your cookie folder and replace the needed cookies to allow the spyware to run,

not all security programs, like norton, or mcafee, will actually help once you have the spyware, they only try to stop them, and usually cause more problems with your computer.
if you think you have spyware,
delete you cookies, and open the windows uninstaller- make sure there is nothing there you didnt put there, and delete your temp internet files,
if your computer is "over--run" and your computer is running too slow its bc the spyware is using all your system resources to run itself, add more ram for a short term fix

Last edited by billmus86; 05-09-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Banned
If anyone thinks getting rid of doubleclick just by deleting your cookies you are dreaming. Doubleclick is THE MOST persistent cookie spreader on the net. You can use all the software and spyware blockers out there (what makes you assume I am not already using this software) but you still will end up with doubleclick ads and cookies as they just keep devising fixes to get around all the blocks. these one are not "spyware" THEY ARE INSTALLED BY THE SITE OWNERS TO HAVE THE ADDS.

And there is no need to "Click on the adds" they are running whether or not you click on them even if you don't want them. I know for sure I never clicked on the adds because people outside the USA don't get to see them all we gets is a notice in the block saying "IE can not display the page" instead of the add.

Anyone with some useful advice??

Last edited by claymore; 05-10-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Banned
Here is what I'm talking about:

And for the doubters I NEVER CLICKED ON ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING ANYTHING FROM DOUBLECLICK OR ANY ADDS. Simply went from post to post and back to search results THESE THINGS DO THIS ON THEIR OWN. You can watch them being loaded (if you know anything about computers) just by watching the process area between page loading you can read for yourself "waiting for http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/fitfreak/ " and they add about 10 seconds to each page loading you can see them and watch them loading WITHOUT THE USER DOING ANYTHING.....

Old 05-10-2008, 06:04 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
good job on re-typing everything i said and phrasing it into yelling at me,

i can see from the picture your problem -
dont use IE
its the worst browser - when it comes to security,

=======

and to answer that question i guess there is NO ONE with any ****ing useful advice for you, you jackass

Old 05-10-2008, 06:21 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
If anyone thinks getting rid of doubleclick just by deleting your cookies you are dreaming. Doubleclick is THE MOST persistent cookie spreader on the net. You can use all the software and spyware blockers out there (what makes you assume I am not already using this software) but you still will end up with doubleclick ads and cookies as they just keep devising fixes to get around all the blocks. these one are not "spyware" THEY ARE INSTALLED BY THE SITE OWNERS TO HAVE THE ADDS.

And there is no need to "Click on the adds" they are running whether or not you click on them even if you don't want them. I know for sure I never clicked on the adds because people outside the USA don't get to see them all we gets is a notice in the block saying "IE can not display the page" instead of the add.

i REGRET that i gave you a positive rep in the past
i wish i could negative rep that post, if there was ever a post that deserved to get neg repped, -- it was that one

-----
when I click the link...
http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/fitfreak/
nothing happens...? and i have clicked it before, im on a mac,
and if you know anything about computers, (which is your FAVORITE phrase apparently...) you will know that macs are more secure than a pc,
you may also have been able to pick up on the fact that i DO know more of what im talking about that you, because i actually told you want to do
i said deleting cookies alone wont fix anything, as they will come back

please re-read my post and actually LISTEN to what others have to say when they are trying to help you,

as of this post im done trying to help you, the only time you will hear from me again is when im allowed by the system to negative rep you
so you can take your spyware filled computer and surf the 'net all you want. just be aware you will be tracked where ever you go until you actually do something about it other than stating a thread and not taking any of the advice! and complaining the whole way through.
your computer is infected, and if you want to yell at people for helping you, then go ahead, i just hope you understand that the spyware isnt going to go away unless you actually do something about it.
i feel bad for anyone else you come across during the day, and hope that you are not this abrasive in person.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:46 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
one last thing....
ill be patiently waiting for a neg rep from you

Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
one last thing....
ill be patiently waiting for a neg rep from you
Then you too can officially join the "Neg-repped by Claymore" Crew.

FWIW - I've never had problems back clicking with Firefox, old site or new. I have all the pop-up blockers engaged - browser, firewall etc. Maybe the doubleclick cookies don't load or are otherwise prevented from interfering with going back.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Ya if u use windows firefox is the way to go
if for some reason u don't like firefox you can try opera,
but give firefox a try first
On a mac-- safari... Which is also avail for windows now too
So theres 3 options LOL

Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned
What a putz you are not offering any useful advice. And then get your knickers in a twist when you post BS. Your "Supposedly wonderful advice" to change browsers, use a mac, or my surfing methods doesn't do a thing to correct the problem.

And you can stick your whinny pos rep where the sun doesn't shine I never asked for it so do with it like you want just like any other kid throwing a FIT "I'm going home and I'm going to take my ball with me and tell my mother" .... be my guest.

And if you knew what you were talking about you would know these adds are not spyware from other sites they are installed on FITFREAK by the site owners so that the adds that come with them are visible.

This problem is not "Cookies" if you knew what you were talking about you would know there are TWO problems with doubleclick one problem is cookies, BUT THESE ARE NOT COOKIES causing the problem. My computer does not have any virus, Trojans, or spyware or any other problems I have all the necessary software installed to scan for and detect those problems and it's 100% fine.

Like I said IT'S ONLY THIS SITE I didn't drag anything in from another site. So go do a better google and read about the problems with DOUBLECLICK ADDS so you might really know what the problem is and offer some constructive advice. And PS COOKIES DO NOT SHOW UP IN BROWSING HISTORY That photo shows browsing history... that should have been your first indication that they are not cookies. Your second indication should have been... you can't watch cookies loading in the progress bar. If you knew what you were doing and had a real computer not a mac you might have known those two facts. My computer and browser work fine on any and all other sites try and keep that fact in mind when you struggle to understand what is happening and hand out meaningless advice.

That being said anyone that really knows what they are doing, that uses a real computer not a mac, and can offer constructive advice beyond, use tabs, delete cookies, change browsers, check for spyware, and use mac computers please, speak up.

Last edited by claymore; 05-10-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member

I'm sure u have nothing wrong with your computer...
its all the site's fault...

Old 05-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
You said the banners or ads dont actually show correct? The only time i encounter the double click to go back is when I am on a site at work where the firewall blocks the adds, and do not display. However I dont know what will stop it besides using a different browser.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:30 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member

you don't know shit

well then I guess we have ONE thing in common

Old 05-11-2008, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
What a putz you are not offering any useful advice.
Claymore, what do you want people to do? They've given you a number of options that you can try, but if you're not willing to do so, what the hell else is there then? You said yourself that these seem to be put in place by FitFreak with the new site revision, so how are any of the members here other than an admin going to do anything about that? PM the admins and see what they say, but don't attack us because we can't change anything for you. And while I sympathise with your dilemma and how frustrating it is, so far you seem to be the only one having that problem. Here's my history list from just now and they don't show up whatsoever in it:

That leads me to believe the problem is on your end with your browser. And please don't say that b/c only this site does this it's not the browser, b/c more than likely it is -- for years I used IE and used to have no troubles viewing ScionLife which I visited religiously when I had my xB. Then they put in a new JAVA menu system that used to hang each page everytime one loaded. Like here, it was the only site that ever gave me problems and I was pissed that they made the change. They also didn't change back b/c no one else had any problems except for a few IE users with a certain version of IE (same as me). I couldn't upgrade IE b/c MS dropped development for Mac's, so I was forced to use Safari which worked and never had any issues with the updated site. I've never looked back since.

If you're not running the latest version of your browser then upgrade and see if that fixes it. If you are on the current version of your browser, try another browser and see if it fixes it. If not, try another, etc., etc. If you've tried them all and are still having the same issue, and no one else posts in here that they're having the same problems, then you've got something else that's causing a conflict and that could be anything then -- spyware, legit software, plugins, etc. Time for Google at that point.

If you knew what you were doing and had a real computer not a mac . . .
ok, that pisses me off. Not to start a PC/MAC war, but any computer that's running an OS based off of a secure BSD UNIX core shits on anything running Windows' bloated ass. Virus'? None. Spyware/trojans/etc? None. Simultaneous remote logins? Of course. Able to run XP/Vista native at full speed as well as OS-X, at the same time, w/ on-the-fly switching, or in a window yet even? Oh fcuking YES. And with dual Quad-core 3.2GHz Xeons I might add -- faster than your best friend's sister on a Saturday night

Old 05-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Banned
Like I said his "advice" was meaningless just one of those "I have to say something posts" so prevalent in the forums. I write like I write no need to get all pissed off there was nothing to get pissed off about he jumped to conclusions unnecessarily I simply asked for help from someone who knew what they were doing.

Yea yea Macs are wonderful BUT I DON'T have one and it would be foolish to change because ONE SITE is having problems, ditto for going to another browser, if you don't KNOW how to solve the problem no need for "posting to boost post count type posts".

And the ranter in question went off on a tangent with his rant and he's NOT REALLY PISSED just check the post whore post page 40 post 799

"anyone wanna come join the fun....
or just get a good laugh?
check this out..."

His link leads to this post. He is just ballbusting for the "Fun" of it. And whining about previously awarded pos or neg rep is acting just like a spoiled little kid taking his ball home to cry to mommy.

So we are back to the problem no matter what browser, computer, or style I'm getting those hits to history, and they are NOT COOKIES they come directly from DOUBLECLICK from this site when they invited doubleclick to install their adds on this site.

Bottom line does anyone else have this problem and know how to solve it??

JDMchris has the most intelligent post and may have hit on the problem. I not 100% sure but I believe that the adds don't show for everybody outside the USA and this MAY be the cause. Any other international users see the adds on this forum besides the one for Krafts Werks on the top of the page for me that is the only on that shows.

Last edited by claymore; 05-11-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Quick Reply: DOUBLE CLICK problems