Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

This place has problems

Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
This place has problems

How do we unsubscribe from the entire site?

I have already unsubscribed from being notified of posts to threads in which I was trying to contribute.

I don't want to be on a site that is discriminatory against disabled people.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member

Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
I don't understand the pear.

Some guy went off on people who have automatics, used the f-word, said people who use automatics are fat and lazy and that automatic drivers were trying to justify a bad choice in vehicles because they should have chosen a stick. That automatic FIT drivers need to "toughen the f-word up".

I'm disabled.

I found it very offensive to be told all those things based on just having a car. And I said so. I said it was out of line. And I did one of the negative rep things. Because I was offended and upset. Bad choice? How can it be a bad choice when using any kind of stick is painful. I'm always in pain. Whatever I chose, if I wanted to drive with the least amount of pain was going to have to be an automatic. And I can't "toughen the f-word up". The doctors can't do anything.

Next thing I know, someone else gives me a negative rep for saying it was out of line. ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATORS!!! That's why I believe they are discriminatory.

If they cannot see how incredibly insensitive and hurtful it is to say such things to someone who has no other real options, they have to be blind. Or be trying to stir up trouble. Because there are a lot of automatic drivers here. And the two people who negative repped me for being offended, also have by proxy negative repped everyone else who drives an automatic.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
How do we unsubscribe from the entire site?

I have already unsubscribed from being notified of posts to threads in which I was trying to contribute.

I don't want to be on a site that is discriminatory against disabled people.
The easiest way is to never come to the site again, once you've unsubscribed from all threads.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
dude that sucks, I'm sorry. You're going to throw away all the good information and good people here just because of one asshole? Come on, be rational..

Old 01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hope you change your mind and stay here taffetawhite.

you know im pretty cool right?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't seen the thread which you are talking about but if you were to report the thread or posts that you feel were derogatory that would greatly help in us solving the issue. If you want you can pm me with information on who where how when etc.. and I will see what I can do.

As far as the reputation thing it really doesn't mean anything. The guy with the most rep on the site doesn't even have a fit.... It has more or less turned into a battle of nonsense ( the rep that is ). I wouldn't try and take the neg rep to heart just as you shouldn't take anything on the internet to heart.

But, like I said go ahead and report those posts or give me a pm and I hope we can get this all figured out

Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
On every forum, there's always some guy that thinks that his opinion is the only one that matters. Always one guy that thinks he knows more than anybody. Ignore those people cuz they're ignorant. Most of us on here are cool. Stick around

Old 01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha this guy i swear. here is the "discriminative" posts he refers to. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post540879

my comments werent even directed at this guy. he is just hyper sensitive. and i discussed the matter with two admins already. both said i did nothing wrong. if you cant live with someones opinion because it differs from your own, you dont belong on an internet forum. now you are just being a drama queen.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
haha this guy i swear. here is the "discriminative" posts he refers to. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post540879

my comments werent even directed at this guy. he is just hyper sensitive. and i discussed the matter with two admins already. both said i did nothing wrong. if you cant live with someones opinion because it differs from your own, you dont belong on an internet forum. now you are just being a drama queen.

Well I just read through the entire thread and I have to agree there really was nothing done wrong here. He was a little harsh but that is just the difference between some people and others.

Not trying to take sides here but I guess the lesson that should be learned here is don't take things people say so seriously.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Well I just read through the entire thread and I have to agree there really was nothing done wrong here. He was a little harsh but that is just the difference between some people and others.

Not trying to take sides here but I guess the lesson that should be learned here is don't take things people say so seriously.
As I said in the other thread, yes, I did take it way too personally. I'm a "she" by the way.

Kelso didn't know I am disabled. Was not directing the comments at me specifically. And I'm pretty sure if people who have a manual also were required to have tacks in their clutch shoe, that caused pain, they might change their mind about a stick. Luckily, no one has to have tacks in their shoe! But some of us DO have something that is painful and we can't just take the tacks out of shoe to make it better.

I hope there is a way to remove the negative rep I posted on Kelso. I did take it too personally.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey, Sorry you had the problem but try to stay with us! My sister has MS and is totally confined to a wheel
chair so I know what disability can do to your life and in the way you handle things. Your coming from a totally different perspective than someone who has the ability to get up everyday and doesn't have a problem with mobility. These guys are totally cool but they are car guys and a different breed than alot of other guys but they rock! You will learn alot about your car on this forum and just try to have fun with it. I know sometimes I do things to my Fit and the guys are like OMG there goes that crazy Cat sticking more junk on her car but they know me and it is all good. This is a great community of Fit Freaks and we hope you decide to stick around with us.

Cat :x

Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
everyone: noone is holding a gun to the OP's head to stay here. if he wants to go, leave it at that. no need to try to get him/her to stay. the mods are fine with it, so the OP can either stay with these "emotionally abusive" members, or GTFO.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
As I said in the other thread, yes, I did take it way too personally. I'm a "she" by the way.

Kelso didn't know I am disabled. Was not directing the comments at me specifically. And I'm pretty sure if people who have a manual also were required to have tacks in their clutch shoe, that caused pain, they might change their mind about a stick. Luckily, no one has to have tacks in their shoe! But some of us DO have something that is painful and we can't just take the tacks out of shoe to make it better.

I hope there is a way to remove the negative rep I posted on Kelso. I did take it too personally.
I'd stick around, friend!

Deacon Craigster : )

Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Hey, Sorry you had the problem but try to stay with us! My sister has MS and is totally confined to a wheel
chair so I know what disability can do to your life and in the way you handle things. Your coming from a totally different perspective than someone who has the ability to get up everyday and doesn't have a problem with mobility. These guys are totally cool but they are car guys and a different breed than alot of other guys but they rock! You will learn alot about your car on this forum and just try to have fun with it. I know sometimes I do things to my Fit and the guys are like OMG there goes that crazy Cat sticking more junk on her car but they know me and it is all good. This is a great community of Fit Freaks and we hope you decide to stick around with us.

Thanks. Thanks to everyone. It definitely DOES change perspective, having any kind of mobility problem. Or any kind of chronic pain. We all chose the same cool car. So we all have something in common. And what better way to learn about your own car than to talk to others. Or read what others have to say.

I read a lot reviews of cars before buying. Both editor reviews and consumer reviews. People much like the people here who are happy with their car. Happy for many different reasons. Some reasons didn't apply to me, because they weren't the reasons I was buying the car. Others were much more important. but only for ME and my situation.

Even though I'm old enough to be some of the member's grandmother, I still am interested in learning about the car, my car. Because there is no doubt that many people here have a vast amount of knowledge on the car. And it's very interesting to read about!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
you'll learn who is friendly and not over time. It's how society works. Just avoid/ignore the ones that aren't kind to you!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
sorry my bad i didn't know it was "cool" now

Last edited by Kyle is raaddd; 01-09-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: afkljfdasfdas
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thanks. Thanks to everyone. It definitely DOES change perspective, having any kind of mobility problem. Or any kind of chronic pain. We all chose the same cool car. So we all have something in common. And what better way to learn about your own car than to talk to others. Or read what others have to say.

I read a lot reviews of cars before buying. Both editor reviews and consumer reviews. People much like the people here who are happy with their car. Happy for many different reasons. Some reasons didn't apply to me, because they weren't the reasons I was buying the car. Others were much more important. but only for ME and my situation.

Even though I'm old enough to be some of the member's grandmother, I still am interested in learning about the car, my car. Because there is no doubt that many people here have a vast amount of knowledge on the car. And it's very interesting to read about!
Hey you are not alone - I am 52 years old! Yikes! I'll be 53 in May. I am the only person in my city driving a Mugened out Fit. I love my car and it has been so much fun especially today when a Mini Cooper tried to race me at the stoplight!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Hey you are not alone - I am 52 years old! Yikes! I'll be 53 in May. I am the only person in my city driving a Mugened out Fit. I love my car and it has been so much fun especially today when a Mini Cooper tried to race me at the stoplight!

And...the outcome?!

Or didn't you bite, as I probably would NOT have!

Craigster, the 48 year old PCA Deacon

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat

Woo hoo! I'll be 50 this year.

Although the only thing I want to add to my car is the door ding strips. Yeah, I know that they might not be cool looking to some folks, but I want to keep the FIT looking good.

Without dings. Because I'm also near the coast and that means RUST. My old car came over here without rust some 15+ years ago. And even the tiniest, practically invisible rock ting made for a fine place for rust to develop.

I don't want to give rust a chance. Not if I don't have to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This place has problems