Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

This place has problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theloxmyth
And...the outcome?!

Or didn't you bite, as I probably would NOT have!

Craigster, the 48 year old PCA Deacon
I nibbled but did not bite! I hit it at the light change and kept up with the little mini but then I was turning off the road to go home so off he went to play on his own. I never went over the speed limit and I just don't street race at all. I love car racing and believe that it has to be laid down on a track to be legit. It was funny because he reved his mini and I am thinking what! Your gonna break your little car!

Cat :x

Last edited by Cat; 01-09-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Cat
I nimbled but did not bite! I hit it at the light change and kept up with the little mini but then I was turning off the road to go home so off he went to play on his own. I never went over the speed limit and I just don't street race at all. I love car racing and believe that it has to be laid down on a track to be legit. It was funny because he reved his mini and I am thinking what! Your gonna break your little car!

Cat :x
I ALMOST bought a Clubman, but it would have had me disabled because of it's lack of rear access! (Too low!)

I can put my second set of tools in the Fit and work, semi-comfortably, out of IT!

Little truck...

Big truck...

PLUS, I could buy TWO Fits for the price of one Clubman!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I don't understand the pear.

Some guy went off on people who have automatics, used the f-word, said people who use automatics are fat and lazy and that automatic drivers were trying to justify a bad choice in vehicles because they should have chosen a stick. That automatic FIT drivers need to "toughen the f-word up".

I'm disabled.

I found it very offensive to be told all those things based on just having a car. And I said so. I said it was out of line. And I did one of the negative rep things. Because I was offended and upset. Bad choice? How can it be a bad choice when using any kind of stick is painful. I'm always in pain. Whatever I chose, if I wanted to drive with the least amount of pain was going to have to be an automatic. And I can't "toughen the f-word up". The doctors can't do anything.

Next thing I know, someone else gives me a negative rep for saying it was out of line. ONE OF THE ADMINISTRATORS!!! That's why I believe they are discriminatory.

If they cannot see how incredibly insensitive and hurtful it is to say such things to someone who has no other real options, they have to be blind. Or be trying to stir up trouble. Because there are a lot of automatic drivers here. And the two people who negative repped me for being offended, also have by proxy negative repped everyone else who drives an automatic.
"....incredibly insensitive.......they have to be blind...."
how ironic.....u seem pretty insensitive to the seeing impaired

Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
[quote=Super Mario;541406]On every forum, there's always some guy that thinks that his opinion is the only one that matters. Always one guy that thinks he knows more than anybody. Ignore those people cuz they're ignorant. Most of us on here are cool. Stick around [/qu
also on every forum there's always 1 guy WHO ACTUALLY DOES KNOW MORE than everybody else
by definition the majority is only a C grade......if everybody gets an A+ the standard is way too low and therefore somebody will get an A+++++

by the way i'm not stating that i'm the superstar

Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Unfortonately this is an online forum, it provides a viel of anomity which means you can't see other people and for the most part they can't really see you.

Some people use the viel to launch heartless statements and offensive points of view even though they would be too chicken to do such a thing in the real world.

But keep in mind this also means that unless you post up that you are disabled in your signature or something people have no idea.

Saying that people are being discriminatory because they prefer manual over automatic is not a valid reason. For the average non-disabled person for which this statement was intended there are two main reasons people choose automatic transmissions; 1) Convience for rush hour traffic and yaking on thier cell phones while they drive 2) Being too lazy to learn how to drive a manual.

So if somebody treats you as though you don't have a disability on here and you are horribly offended, well too bad. This isn't discrimination, it is the fact that you are been treated like an equal; if you are unhappy people have made this assumption then you should tell them up front, then if they continue to make remarks... then it is discrimination. But bear in mind most people that continue to make remarks are jerks and that is how they are viewed by everybody else.