General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 Fit Interior Gaps...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:09 PM
2013 Fit Interior Gaps...

I thought maybe my Fit was just missing a clip or something that holds together part of the interior molding... nope! The dealership showed me a couple of other Fits on their lot, and both had the same trim gap that mine has. I love my car, but it's highly disappointing to me that Honda would allow for such sloppy work. I have a picture on my phone. I'll try to get it posted on here later this evening.

And yes, I know there is already a thread started for the 2012 Honda Fits that have the same issue (or a similar one), but I thought, on the off chance that anyone from Honda reads this board, they need to know that this very well may impact my decision in buying future Hondas, and they need to know that this issue is happening on more than one year's model (hence the new thread instead of just leaving it on the 2012 thread). I don't pay this kind of money to have a car that looks like it was thrown together sloppily!

PS- my husband thinks he has found the solution to this in the form of putting a piece of foam behind the trim to push it in and close the gap. This is great, but it irritates me that he feels a need to fix Honda's mistake.

Last edited by cwinfrey; 12-27-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 PM
+1

My upper glove box has a weird uneven gap between it and the dashboard on the left side. I love my Fit but this has always kind of bothered me.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
I have lost sleep over those poorly designed gaps.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:33 AM
On one hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one... but then again, this really changes my views of Honda in general. They're supposed to be so meticulous and have such a great reputation, but this does not match up to the name they have built for themselves IMO. I realize that most of their good reputation has to do with mechanical reliability, but still. Why go through the trouble of making something so reliable if it's going to have cosmetic flaws?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Administrator
I think you're being overly critical for what to expect from a subcompact

With all the good things that the Fit does I am willing to live with a few gaps

Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Can we get a picture of this issue?

Old 12-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
I think you're being overly critical for what to expect from a subcompact

With all the good things that the Fit does I am willing to live with a few gaps

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and it wouldn't be the first time someone has accused me of overreacting lol. I guess it's just frustrating for me because, as hard as I have to work to be able to afford to keep this car, it shouldn't have flaws that seem like they would be so easy to avoid.

I'm a teacher who was laid off last spring due to no fault of my own, and I'm currently working 12 hour days between substitute teaching and working in an enrichment program after school, just to make ends meet... and I'm trying to recover from a concussion that left me with migraines, which are not improving because I can't afford to take the time off to rest to get better.

In fact, we traded my old Fit in and got this one because doing so lowered my payments, gave me a brand new car (ie no need to replace tires and breaks any time soon), and let me skip a month's payment. I told my husband I was willing to get rid of my car and get one with even lower payments, but he doesn't want me to do that because he's afraid going with a used car that would reduce my payments enough to make a difference in our budget would mean a huge risk in losing the reliability factor of a newer car, and we can't afford expensive repairs right now either.

So, yes... forgive me if I seem a bit picky, but for what I'm dealing with to be able to keep my car, I don't think the interior should have this kind of issue. I do like my car, and otherwise am very happy with it... but this just bothers me lol.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Top Gear always rags on Japanese manufacturers for their imprecise "gaps." I've always noticed this with all the Hondas I've driven, but it didn't bother me that much.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Can we get a picture of this issue?

Sorry they're so big... I had a hard time figuring out how to get them on here lol.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
Top Gear always rags on Japanese manufacturers for their imprecise "gaps." I've always noticed this with all the Hondas I've driven, but it didn't bother me that much.

Yeah... honestly my old Fit probably had gaps somewhere too, but we may have just not noticed them. My husband is just a bit OCD, and he was sitting in the passenger's seat when we took the car out the next day and had a chance to look more closely.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Good lord, my 2010 doesn't have that lol

I'd be pissed if it did though.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:41 PM
To me, it just looks like something rattled loose.

I have issues with the trim on the B pillar meet where the seatbelt comes out. They always pop off. I just push them back.
Then theres the steering column, it does the same.
I suppose this is drawback to owning Honda's cheapest car, probably cheaply made too.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Mine isnt like that

Old 12-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Honestly I'd take it back and have them fix it. It's not a standard "feature" on Fits and your dealership is cheap and lazy if they don't try to repair that.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:55 PM
I took it to the dealer yesterday. The service manager compared it to another Fit on their lot and said it was the same so there was nothing he could do.

I think I may send those pictures to Honda and let them know that the service manager didn't help me. I'm not sure what can be done but this bothers me and it seems like there should be something that can be done.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Bullshit. Contact Honda of America, it's not supposed to be like that. Throw him under the bus and ask Honda to direct you to a decent dealership.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Just tried to contact Honda via email... can't do it. They have two ways to contact them: phone or Twitter! A phone call isn't going to work because I need to be able to show them exactly what's wrong here... it just doesn't have quite the same effect when I try to describe it. So, since they left me no other choice, I sent them a tweet! It'll be interesting to see what response I get, if anything... probably just a "please call us" line. Ugh. I'll be sure to post updates.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Old 12-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Here is a few pics for comparison from my 13 Sport.

Very small minimal gap.

Name:  18011E99-280B-47EC-BEC8-0623BC8D0F08_zpsezalpiad.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  FE72D087-E84D-4928-9544-C110A1F19778_zpsr3jlgz7g.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  74.3 KB

Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah, yours doesn't look nearly as bad as mine. I wouldn't mind it as much if it just looked like that.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Quick Reply: 2013 Fit Interior Gaps...