WTB 2008 Fit Cargo Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
ijj
WTB 2008 Fit Cargo Cover

Firstly, this is my first post to the forums, so I apologize if this is not the right place for a WTB in Toronto.

So, I just got my 2008 Honda Fit, and am starting to think there might be some use for the cargo cover, as the contents of my 'trunk' are just a wee bit too visible for my liking.

I've looked around, and found a few retailers, but someone mentioned that I should ask around here before buying anything.

So... anyone have, or know of anyone looking to sell, a used (but, obviously decent condition) cargo cover for the 2008 fit? From what I understand, the same cargo cover fits both the 2007 and the 2008, but I'm not overly certain about that...

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ijj
Firstly, this is my first post to the forums, so I apologize if this is not the right place for a WTB in Toronto.

So, I just got my 2008 Honda Fit, and am starting to think there might be some use for the cargo cover, as the contents of my 'trunk' are just a wee bit too visible for my liking.

I've looked around, and found a few retailers, but someone mentioned that I should ask around here before buying anything.

So... anyone have, or know of anyone looking to sell, a used (but, obviously decent condition) cargo cover for the 2008 fit? From what I understand, the same cargo cover fits both the 2007 and the 2008, but I'm not overly certain about that...

Thanks!
First, welcome to the forums!

As far as finding cargo covers, You may also want to check Craigslist. I recently found on Craigslist, for my daughter's '07, a shade and a cargo mat, like new, both for only $60. Another option is to make your own cover. Recently on the forum there was a post from someone who fabricated a real nice looking carpeted version.

By the way 2007 & 2008 GD3's are the same "pull shade" type design. 2009 and up GE8's are the "flap" design. The shades are not interchangeable between GD3 and GE8 versions.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
ijj
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes - I did try Craigslist. Haven't posted a WTB on there, but I've been checking fairly often. I saw one for about $100 but it's all the way up near Ottawa and I'm not sure I'm that dedicated... yet...

That sounds like you got an awesome deal on those items for $60!

And, yah, I admit I've checked out (at least 4 or 5) different DIY covers. I suppose it's better than the somewhat exorbitant price tag, but I admit I'm leaning towards the OEM.

Some of those designs were pretty creative!

Good to know about the GD3s... I'll have to expand my search to include "2007" as well!

Thanks again!