Zeta Products.net
Zeta Products, Inc. manufactures quality accessories for today's hottest vehicles! Our motoring accessories are designed to add value and comfort to your vehicle.

2007 US Fit Driver's Side Dead Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Martin:

I am glad that you finally got the package. I shipped this on November 7th! So much for speedy mail. I hope you can post comments/pics once you install the pedal.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Got my pedal today and immediately installed it. (thanks!)

Haven't driven the car yet, but while sitting in the seat and putting my foot on the rest, it feels like it's leaning to the left?? I'm just wondering if i installed it wrong or is it supposed to be like that?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
I am not sure why it is leaning. It whould be flat across. We have sold hundreds with not one issue! There may be a thick piece of sound deadening under the carpet.

Since this is medal, you could take it off and bend it a bit. This should correct your problkem.

Originally Posted by Yuf
Got my pedal today and immediately installed it. (thanks!)

Haven't driven the car yet, but while sitting in the seat and putting my foot on the rest, it feels like it's leaning to the left?? I'm just wondering if i installed it wrong or is it supposed to be like that?

Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Freakin UPS!! I got charged $45cdn for brokerage.

Zeta, is there anyway to make USPS the default shipping to Canada? I saw a few people ordered it in Canada, and didn't hear anything about brokerage fees, so I thought it won't be too bad. But $45cdn is a little out of hand.

In case it makes any difference, I ordered it with the sunvisor. Its not much bigger, and the whole box was light as feathers (compared to the size of the box).

Overall, for the dead pedal, the bottom nut was difficult for me to install. One thing that bugs me was that the anti-skid tape wasn't cut straight! But either way, I won't be using it, I wanna try out something

As for the sun visor, its made out of a softer / smoother vinyl material. Colour looks very similar (can't be sure , cause its dark out) but it looks close enough. It doesn't have the same 'curvature' as the driver's side, but I doubt anyone passengers will notice these things.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
Hi:

Sorry that you got hit with such a high brokerage fee. We will use USPS as the preferred shipping for Canada. The only advantage to UPS is that it is easier to track packages and file claims. We have many stories about
getting answers with the post office.

As for th pedal, I don't know why the tape was cust wrong; I will check it out.

Finally, I am sure your passengers will enjoy the visor.

Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
Freakin UPS!! I got charged $45cdn for brokerage.

Zeta, is there anyway to make USPS the default shipping to Canada? I saw a few people ordered it in Canada, and didn't hear anything about brokerage fees, so I thought it won't be too bad. But $45cdn is a little out of hand.

In case it makes any difference, I ordered it with the sunvisor. Its not much bigger, and the whole box was light as feathers (compared to the size of the box).

Overall, for the dead pedal, the bottom nut was difficult for me to install. One thing that bugs me was that the anti-skid tape wasn't cut straight! But either way, I won't be using it, I wanna try out something

As for the sun visor, its made out of a softer / smoother vinyl material. Colour looks very similar (can't be sure , cause its dark out) but it looks close enough. It doesn't have the same 'curvature' as the driver's side, but I doubt anyone passengers will notice these things.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ Thats good service!

Thanks Zeta!

Old 12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
Hi:

Sorry that you got hit with such a high brokerage fee. We will use USPS as the preferred shipping for Canada. The only advantage to UPS is that it is easier to track packages and file claims. We have many stories about
getting answers with the post office.
Keep in mind that USPS shipments to Canada are processed and delivered by Canada Post. They will usually charge a handling fee $10-$15 for priority items and they COD the applicable taxes (in Ontario, 14% of the value of the goods).

Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
I would take a package handled by USPS/Canada Post over UPS any day.

Handling fee for Canada Post is usually $5-$8 and then add on any applicable taxes/duty. UPS absolutely rapes you on their brokerage fees.

BTW, re-installed my dead pedal and it is still leaning to the left. Tried with no success to 'bend' the pedal but the metal is too rigid (and I probably don't have the right tools).

Not a big deal since I am putting a Mugen style dead pedal on and will be attatching it with double sided sticky tape. I'll just beef up one side of it so that it will be (somewhat) flush....

Old 12-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks Yuf for the info on the shipping fees.

As for the dead pedal, please feel free to send it back oif it is not right. We have sold hundreds and each has been 100%. There may be some extra inulation or deadening material under the carpet.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Woot!

Mailman just dropped my Dead Pedal off...10 minutes of work later and it made all the difference in the world!!!!

SWEET must have accessory for the Fit.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Wave
Mailman just dropped my Dead Pedal off...10 minutes of work later and it made all the difference in the world!!!!

Thanks for the post. Enjoy!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave

Now you gotta get the pedal covers bro!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Discount

Do you still offer a discount for Fitfreak members? I'm ready to get one!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
I am running a sale on the pedal - $ 5.00 off.

Mention your Fitfreak ID and I will pick up the shipping (continental US only).

Originally Posted by Fitn in
Do you still offer a discount for Fitfreak members? I'm ready to get one!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor
Free shipping on the dead pedal is only good until the end of April. Remember, you MUST mention Fitfreak and your member ID to get the free shipping.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered one from you but my card shows I was charged $50.95. I thought the special was $5 off and free shipping? I did mention my Fitfreak ID in the message.........

Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
You were charged the correct amount. Shipping is usually $ 5.00 on top of that. The price in the site is the sale price.
Originally Posted by Fitn in
I ordered one from you but my card shows I was charged $50.95. I thought the special was $5 off and free shipping? I did mention my Fitfreak ID in the message.........

Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Angelo, I just ordered a dead pedal and paid via paypal. In my comments I left my fitfreak member name. Will you refund the $5 cost that was charged through paypal for the fitfreak discount? Just wondering how that works since I was unable to change any payment options on that. Let me know, thanks!

Jonathan

Old 04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Angelo...

Just received my Dead Pedal, stainless sills and license plate bolts! The Dead pedal installed perfectly with ease!! The plate bolts look great and will probably get ripped off because they look so good.

Shipping to Canada saw PST, GST and a $5.00 handling fee charged by Canada Post.

Happy Motoring....

Old 04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
I received the dead pedal today and had it installed. Feels great, only thing was it seemed as if the pedal was kinda slanted away from the other pedals. The back of the pedal pushed back the bump where the dead pedal was. Didn't seem like a clean install but it was good. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2007 US Fit Driver's Side Dead Pedal