1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Need help installing passenger mirror housing.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Need help installing passenger mirror housing.

I've just bought a passenger side mirror housing, because someone was nice enough to crack the mirror housing unit and took off. I just need to replace the housing. The mirror didn't even crack.

I just want to make sure of the process before attempting it.

I'm hoping I could just pop the mirror out, unscrew some bolts, but I'm afraid housing unit must be unscrewed from inside the base unit which means I have to take the whole unit out from the door.

Popping the mirror out is little scary in itself, but I think that's what you have to do.

Does anyone of experience in this?

Thanks,

James

Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Is there any instruction? HELP!!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
I would assume that one must pull the door panel to access the bolts that secure the mirror to the door. I could, of course, be wrong. Evidently, there is a pdf of the manual here, but I don't have a high-speed connection and couldn't check it out.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
thats just the owners manual..

you have to remove the glass first, tilt the mirror up and it should snap out and kinda hinge upwards, then you can remove the housing from the mirror actuator by taking out the torx screws. you dont even have to take the mirror off the car... it should be similar to TLs ive done at work

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC View Post
thats just the owners manual..
Whoops. Like I said, though: Dialup heap not big PDF friend...

I'm glad someone had the answer, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.