1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

shift boot & shift knob for AT

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
shift boot & shift knob for AT

anyone tried doing an AT look to MT look conversion? i've been trying too look for forums on it. but couldn't find any.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
spoon makes a knob for the AT that looks just like their duracon knob. i actually have one that im not using

Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Its not really Spoon its a knock off.^

Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sh00k
anyone tried doing an AT look to MT look conversion? i've been trying too look for forums on it. but couldn't find any.
oh hell, that's just lame. i think it's just as bad as putting your car into neutral at stoplights..

i hope i don't come off as a douche-bag but if you wanted an MT "look" then you should have bought an MT in the first place.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
well, i can definitely understand both sides of this debate... but i do think you came off as kind of a douche for pulling the rain on the AT parade out. you have a faster car. isn't that satisfaction enough????

Old 12-10-2008, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
if he wants to do it, let him do it, its his car... who cares what others do to their cars. you can have your own opinions, but no need to bash someone else.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
well, i can definitely understand both sides of this debate... but i do think you came off as kind of a douche for pulling the rain on the AT parade out. you have a faster car. isn't that satisfaction enough????
Originally Posted by feared
if he wants to do it, let him do it, its his car... who cares what others do to their cars. you can have your own opinions, but no need to bash someone else.

don't get me wrong, i understand the convenience and practicality of owning an automatic car. but really, why invest the time and money into putting a boot over the gear selector? so people "think" you're driving a manual?......... please. just be happy with your purchase, who cares if it's an automatic - you're still driving one of the best sub-compacts on the market

for the record, i never personally attacked the OP nor do i mean to "bash" any automatic owners - hell, TOOL drives an auto Fit and still rips up the auto-x (i watched your video the other day, good stuff!). i think it's a rediculous idea and both a waste of time and money. the only way people will know you're driving a manual car is if you're actually driving a manual car -- so why front?

sh00k:
it's your car, and you mod it the way you want. just know that there will be people like me who will find some of the modifications to be "tacky." i hope you don't take it personal, it's just the internet

Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey, putting the AT in neutral at stop lights is actually recommended (by me)
to keep the AT's temps down.

now having a MT look on a AT. i donno, i think most nicer cars' AT's
these days all come with boots so it seems natural to me.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
oh hell, that's just lame. i think it's just as bad as putting your car into neutral at stoplights..

i hope i don't come off as a douche-bag but if you wanted an MT "look" then you should have bought an MT in the first place.
hahah! but I have a friend that actually did this to his MX6. It actually does look pretty funny(like a saggy plunger), UNLESS you do get that spoon A/T short knob thingy. But it might still look funny because the leather boot cant be pushed down, unless you can find a way to mod the rubber MT boot to fit.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Its not really Spoon its a knock off.^
i'm pretty sure spoon makes a real one (though i'm sure there are knock-offs of the spoon auto knob).

spoon has an automatic fit in their shop in japan.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
I had thought of putting a boot over my shifter to get that MT look. I thought about that for a day then realised it would look to much like im ashamed of my Modded AT Fit, witch im not. I did however buy the AT Spoon shifter and im going to see how I like it on the car. If I dont like the look ill probable have it back up for sale on here.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Where do you get the Spoon AT shifter? pics?

Old 12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jsensk
Where do you get the Spoon AT shifter? pics?
I bought it used off a guy on this forum. I'm still a little iffy on it, I dont even know what it will look like on the car. So when it comes in ill definitely get some pics of it on for all the AT guys.

Edit: here is a web site that does sell them for the AT http://shop1.jdmtheory.com/product_i...5f881ee3657626

Last edited by MNfit; 12-10-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I do agree with Chaaree about the whole AT looking as MT.....I'm proud owner of AT Fit!!! I love my puddle shifter!!! But I like to keep it clean plus i hate the our knob so swap it for a razor knob and waiting on my mugen shift boot...and along with e brake too!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tofuman
i'm pretty sure spoon makes a real one (though i'm sure there are knock-offs of the spoon auto knob).

spoon has an automatic fit in their shop in japan.

yeah i remember seeing a listing for an A/T knob last year on their japan site, and if mine was a copy it must be a hell of one because the packaging and box etc look legit

Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 PM
What's next?? Swapping the gauge cluster to remove the P R N D lol

Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I got to agree with the mt guys here. I have an auto and have absolutely no desire to make it look like an automatic transmission I think it is a waste of time and money.

Now maybe if you pimped out your paddle shifters that would be cool...... jk

Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I got to agree with the mt guys here. I have an auto and have absolutely no desire to make it look like an automatic transmission I think it is a waste of time and money.

Now maybe if you pimped out your paddle shifters that would be cool...... jk
HAHA. youve got a point. I think carbon fiber paddle shifters would be pretty sick for the AT guys. If it were me, Id probably just cut the stock shifter so its shorter, than put the spoon knob on there, than some carbon fiber paddle shifter and your set for some V-tacing! The shiftboot looks kinda tacky though, when my friend had it on his MX-6 AT it looked pretty weird. Looked like a shifter in a manual truck, or like the super long dildo shifter i saw in the "show me your shiftknob" thread. LOL. but if you can pull it off to look good or if YOU like it than mad props yo!

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 12-10-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i think swapping in a fake third pedal will be pretty hard to complete the mt look. ha ha ha. yeah i just picked up a spoon duracon at knob from a spoon certified dealer in japan. people will do what they think makes their car look good.

Quick Reply: shift boot & shift knob for AT